Game Update - v1.2 (3rd September 2023)
This update is the “pre-expansion” update which adds all the required changes to the base game in preparation for Atlas of Discovery's release on 7th September 2023.
New Shop Purchases
Extra Bank Tab
Agility Item Cost Reduction Enhancement
- Item cost reduction in Agility can now reach 100%.
- Requires Level 99, Level 99, five Into the Mist completions, and 250,000,000.
Notifications v2 is now out of Beta and enabled for everyone. These notifications attempt to greatly improve the notifications in game with a new style, as well as performance improvements.
Breakdown of notification features
- Notifications will remain on screen and increment in value until it disappears, which resets the count.
- Has a much more compact styling compared to the old notifications.
- You can toggle “Importance” for error messages and Summoning Mark notifications. This means the notification will remain on screen until you click it to remove it.
- You can adjust the position of notifications to left, center or right alignment.
- You can adjust the delay until notification disappears.
- You can toggle Item names and current bank quantities for Item notifications.
- You can toggle whether Skill XP notifications appear or not.
- All existing notification settings still work with Notifications v2.
If you prefer the old notification system, you can toggle “Use Legacy Notifications System” in Settings.
New Quality of Life UI Additions
- [EN only] Added colour coding and icons to Item descriptions, Special Attacks, and Passives to greatly improve readability.
- Items that can be upgraded or downgraded now show an icon within the Bank. This makes it easier to spot items that can be upgraded/downgraded at a glance.
- Added “Open in Wiki” icons around the game for Items, Skills (in the Game Guide), and Monsters. Clicking this will open the respective official Wiki page (if it exists). There is an option in Settings to disable this.
- Auto Eat icon now displays the HP threshold next to it without needing to go into the tooltip.
- Updated the Hitpoints section within the Combat UI to increase readability.
- Added Base Summon Max Hit text to summon item tooltips and also within summoning when creating the tablet. If the Summon doesn't attack, it will also mention this.
- Added a "Consumable" badge to items that can go in the consumable slot.
- Added colour coding to Combat Areas, Slayer Areas and Dungeons to denote which Expansion they are part of. This can be disabled in Settings.
- Added a visual “Game Guide” link to Skill headers.
- Farming now has icons that show what XP/MXP/MPXP is earnt.
Other Additions / Changes
- Combat Area and Slayer Area difficulty is now determined based on the Slayer tier of the Monsters inside.
- Added new “Super Dark” mode which can be toggled in Settings.
- You can now select what Background the game uses from Settings.
- Added new performance Setting for Steam - Reduce CPU & GPU usage by pausing actions for all Skills when the game is minimised or placed in the background to activate offline progression upon return (This was already available on the Web).
- Cleaned up UI for View my Runes page in Combat
- Typing an equipment slot name into the bank search will now display all items that can be equipped into it. This includes consumables and passive slot items.
- Ignore bank full setting is now enabled by default for new characters (Skill will progress even if bank gets full).
- Slightly updated Bank UI.
denotes content that can only be accessed if you own Throne of the Herald.
- Reduced base Gold & Silver Bar costs for Pillars to 5,000 each, down from 10,000.
- Reduced base Carrion Log & Divinite Bar costs for Elite Pillars to 10,000, down from 30,000.
- Rebalanced Axe upgrades from the Shop to provide a total of -40% interval reduction, instead of a total of -50%.
- Specifically, Black Axe and Mithril Axe now both provide -5% interval reduction, down from -10%.
- It is now possible to repair buildings if your Population happens to fall below the requirements to build that tier due to building degradation.
- Storage buildings no longer degrade. If yours is sitting at below 100%, it will require one more repair to get back up to 100%.
- Town Halls can now degrade again.
- Town Halls now also require 100,000, 50,0000 & 50,000 to construct.
- Increased Wood and Stone cost of Town Halls to 100,000 each.
- Trading Posts now require 5,000,000 each to construct.
- Trading Posts also now require 2,000 Potions and Herbs to construct.
- Increased/decreased building cost no longer affects GP cost of buildings, only Township resource costs.
Township Trader Consumables
- Fervor Scroll - Now decreases enemy Damage Reduction by 4%, up from 2%.
- Quick Burner - Now provides -2% Firemaking Interval, up from -1%.
- Quick Burner II - Now provides -5% Firemaking Interval, up from -4%.
- Looter Pouch - Now provides +4% chance to double loot in Combat, up from +2%.
- Leather Crafter Scroll - Now provides +10% chance to double Leather/Dragonhide in Crafting, up from +5%.
- Burning Scroll Of Gold - Now provides +10% GP from Firemaking, up from +5%.
- Burning Scroll Of Gold II - Now Provides +20% GP from Firemaking, up from +10%.
- Gem Finder Scroll - Now provides +10% chance to locate a second gem, up from +5%.
- Slayer Deterer - Now provides +2% Damage Reduction against Slayer Task, up from +1%.
Township Trader Boxes
- All boxes from Township now provide "up to X" instead of always providing the maximum amount of an item.
- All Boxes now require level 40/99/120 [Tier I / II / III] Township to purchase from the Trader.
- All Boxes that had a secondary level requirement now also match the above 40/99/120 level requirement.
- All T1 Boxes now also require 40 tasks to be completed to purchase (not casual tasks).
- All T2 Boxes now also require 95 tasks to be completed to purchase (not casual tasks).
- All T3 Boxes now also require 115 tasks to be completed to purchase (not casual tasks).
- Potion Boxes now have an additional Hitpoints level requirement to purchase.
- Bar Boxes now have an additional Mining level requirement to purchase.
- Herb Boxes now have an additional Herblore Level Requirement to purchase.
- Herb Boxes now provide the Herb Seeds instead of Herbs themselves. Also changed the quantity for Herb Boxes to "up to 10".
- Adjusted the weighting of items in all Boxes so the higher level products are now rarer to obtain per box.
- Potions in the Potion Boxes now provide up to 300, instead of 422.
- Reduced the sale price of Vorloran gear:
- Optimized game rendering functions to improve general performance throughout the game.
- Optimized how the game saves locally to improve general performance.
- Optimized mobile layout for Fishing.
- Lots of fixes applied to translations.
- Adjusted Combat equipment tooltip positioning in an attempt to fix the overlapping of information tooltips on top of the combat quick equip tooltip.
- Fixed visual only bug where Township displayed incorrect values for each building inside a Biome (like Population, Happiness, etc).
- Fixed a bug where Township would not automatically update the UI for building requirements when increasing your Health.
- Fixed issue where Township Rewards are lost due to no Bank space. Rewards will now always be added to your Bank regardless of Bank space.
- Fixed issue where modifiers from Township Buildings would not update correctly per tick.
- Fixed incorrect category tag for Township Skilling items that caused them to show up in certain bank searches.
- Fixed a casual task that incorrectly provided Smithing Skill XP as the reward instead of Township XP.
- Fixed Alchemist's Bag II being consumed upon potion use instead of charge use.
- Fixed issue where some Township repair costs were not deducting the intended value.
- Fixed issue where a Township building that was fully upgraded would display the requirements to build.
- Fixed issue where it was possible to start Cooking without the required resources.
- Fixed issue where the game would reload when pressing "enter" upon entering a custom shop amount/quantity.
- Fixed game crash when Agility level was decreased.
- Fixed incorrect Mastery Token drop chance for Agility.
- Fixed issue where Steam would not automatically link your Steam account to your Melvor Cloud account.
- Fixed blanket issue where Item Effects were not applying to the enemy as intended in some circumstances.
- Fixed issue where chance to avoid sleep was incorrectly calculated.
- Fixed issue where chance to hit was able to go below 0% in some circumstances.
- Fixed issue where it was possible to get infinite Prayer Point Preservation in some circumstances.
- Fixed issue with Mobile character selection UI when trying to display large values of GP.
- Fixed offline combat disabled alert not disappearing automatically when enabling offline combat.
- Applied formatting to item quantities in artisan menu when quantity is greater than 100M.
- Fixed issue where Monster respawn time interval could go below the game’s 0.25s interval threshold.
- Fixed unique Astrology modifiers trying to check costs when start was already maxed.
- Game Center should now be centered.
- Fixed issue where coloured Item synergy borders did not display in the top-right equipment dropdown menu.
- Fixed missing modifier description for Increased Minimum Spell Damage.
Minor Updates and Bugfixes
?7650 (5th September 2023)
- Woodcutting will now display all locked trees instead of only the next tree.
- Fixed a bug where repair costs for Township buildings were factoring the total building count across all Biomes instead of only the Biome it resided in. This unintentionally increased repair costs by 2-3x.
- Fixed an issue where starting a Golbin Raid would crash the game.
- Disabled the CPU/GPU performance setting for steam temporarily until it is stable enough to re-release.
- Fixed an issue where the Game Guide and Statistics for expansion skills would display in the base game.
- Updated some translations.
- Fixed issue where the Clown Hat was missing from the Shop.
- Fixed some black progress bar issues in Super Dark mode.
?7668 (6th September 2023)
We want to preface this by saying we are always listening to the community. We have for the last 4 years, and that itself won't change.
We've been reading all the feedback on various platforms since the release of v1.2 and have re-evaluated some of the changes we made to the Township Trader boxes.
This update aims to add more Tasks to the base game, bring back Herbs to Herb Boxes, and slightly reduce the amount of Tasks required to obtain T2/3 Boxes (allowing you to skip many more tasks you don't enjoy).
The Task requirements themselves will remain, as it is an important requirement to balance the power of the boxes.
We appreciate the feedback we have received on this matter, and will continue to monitor it over the coming days/weeks.
- Added 10 new Tasks to the base game, 2 per difficulty up to Elite, increasing the total amount of Tasks available in the base game to 110.
Township Trader Boxes
- Reminder that there is now a total of 110 tasks in the Base game, up from 100.
- Tier 2 Boxes now require 85 Task completions out of 110 total Tasks available to you in the Base Game, down from 95 out of 100 available Tasks.
- Tier 3 Boxes now require 110 Task completions out of 130 total Tasks available to you with Throne of the Herald, down from 115 out of 120 available Tasks.
Herb (Seed) Box
We've heard your feedback regarding Herb boxes and how the new requirements were too harsh for a box of seeds. We're changing this box back to Herbs now that it has the task completion requirements.
- Fixed an issue where the building repair cost modifiers were not applying correctly during certain seasons, causing 100% reduced repair cost.
?7785 (12th September 2023)
Atlas of Discovery
- Added an explanation of the Hex Mastery system to the View Hex Mastery popup.
- The View Hex Mastery popup will now display how many hexes you have mastered.
- The Hex Mastery popup will now explain what Hex Mastery is, and how it works.
- The Hex Mastery popup will also display how many Hexes you have mastered.
- Compacted some Mobile UI elements for Cartography.
- Added Max Hex Level indicator to the Hex progress UI.
- Hovering over the Barrier Bar or Icon within Combat will now display the Barrier information just like it does for the Combat Areas themselves.
- Added a setting to throttle Cartography Map frame rate cap while inactive. This caps the frame rate to 10 FPS after 5 minutes of inactivity.
- Added a setting to set Cartography Frame Rate Cap while active.
- Added a setting to toggle the cat image for undiscovered dig sites in Cartography. This is disabled by default.
- Fixed issue where the Cartography Map Quality setting had no effect on iOS
- Fixed hidden POI markers not displaying automatically when locating a required item.
- Fixed issue with how Max Skillcape handled its requirements.
- Summer Season in Township now also provides -10% Repair Cost
- Fall Season in Township now also provides -15% Repair Cost
- Reduced Trading Post GP cost to build to 500,000, down from 2,500,000.
- Added a failsafe to the game which will prevent it from loading if there is a file version mismatch. This kind of thing can only occur during the 1-5 second process of a game update.
- Ash no longer drops from Firemaking in the Tutorial. Should help prevent issues where players are getting stuck on Tutorial Island.
- Tutorial Island will now allow you to purchase Feathers and Bowstrings after steps have been completed to unlock them. This should also fix issues where players get stuck on Tutorial Island.
A Steam Client update is on the way for Windows to fix some reported issues we have received.
?7809 (14th September 2023)
- Pure Crystal from Mining now sells for 750, up from 500.
- Tiny Spice Jar Artefact now sells for 3, down from 24.
- Fixed an issue where the Cape of Completion and the Superior Cape of Completion were not inheriting the modifiers from the Standard & Superior Cartography / Archaeology Skillcapes.
- Fixed issue where Haunted Ring was providing the wrong Max Hit modifier.
- Fixed an issue where Impending Darkness completions in Ancient Relics mode was not providing the intended Skill cap increase rewards.
- Fixed Bone Ring modifier not working.
- Fixed issue where Mark would require the new Atlas of Discovery familiar marks to be located to unlock (this pet should only require base game marks).
- Fixed a visual bug where Archaeology Dig Site values would not automatically update the reflected new refinements applied to Dig Site Maps.
- Fixed unintentional item doubling in Thieving in Ancient Relics mode.
- Fixed issue where Crystal and Pure Crystal ore nodes in Mining did not provide gem rewards. This in turn also fixes the Gem Gloves not working on these nodes.
- Fixed unintended sale price for Elemental Scrolls in Archaeology.
- Removed hard coded properties that handle Skill level cap increases and Skill selections, moving moved them to the namespaced gamemode object. This change allows Mod creators to determine how their custom Skills are handled in Ancient Relics mode with ease, and increases compatibility of this adjustment when multiple custom Skills are installed.
?7841 (18th September 2023)
- Heavily increased the sale price of all Barrier Gems. This in turn makes the Tortoise familiar in Summoning require less quantity of gems per craft.
- Fixed an issue where the Astrology Master Relic & Agility Master Relic in Ancient Relics mode were not applying correctly.
- [Steam] Fixed a bug where opening the Wiki from a link in the Game Guide would not open your default browser.
- Fixed incorrect XP provided for Crystal Fletching gear, Aranite Shield, Crystal Sanction Potion and Crystallization Potion.
- Fixed incorrect image assets for Unholy Potions.
- Barrier gear (B) that is upgraded in Crystal Gear (C) no longer lose their chance to dodge crystallization
- Fixed incorrect chance to dodge crystallization for the Crystal Helmet.
- Fixed incorrect stats for the (G) Pure Crystal Platebody.
- Fixed Golden Wreath GP multiplier not working with Thieving NPCs.
- Fixed incorrectly applied flat GP modifiers for Alt. Magic and Thieving auto sell.
- Fixed Ancient Whetstone using a charge when attacked by the enemy.
- Fixed Runecrafting Lesser Relic using charges during Combat. Also fixed it not using a charge in Cooking.
|Melvor Idle Version History (Current: v1.2.2)
|v0.01 v0.01.1, v0.01.2 | v0.02 | v0.03 v0.03.1, v0.03.2, v0.03.3, v0.03.4, v0.03.5, v0.03.6
|v0.04 v0.04.2, v0.04.3 | v0.05 v0.05.1 | v0.06 | v0.07 v0.07.1 | v0.08 v0.08.1, v0.08.2 | v0.09 v0.09.1, v0.09.2 | v0.10 v0.10.1, v0.10.2
|v0.11 v0.11.1, v0.11.2 | v0.12 v0.12.1, v0.12.2 | v0.13 | v0.14 v0.14.1, v0.14.2 | v0.15 v0.15.1, v0.15.2, v0.15.3, v0.15.4 | v0.16 v0.16.1, v0.16.2, v0.16.3 | v0.17 | v0.18 v0.18.1
|v0.18.2 | v0.19 v0.19.1, v0.19.2 | v0.20 | v0.21 | v0.22 v0.22.1 | v1.0 v1.0.1
|v1.0.2 v1.0.3 v1.0.4 v1.0.5 | v1.1 v1.1.1
|v1.1.2 | v1.2 v1.2.1 v1.2.2
|Melvor Idle version v1.2.2 (Released: 15th November 2023)
|Reference Tables: Items, Equipment, Experience Table, Upgrading Items, Combat Areas, Slayer Areas, Dungeons, Chest Loot Tables, Monsters, Monster Loot Tables