Alpha v0.08 (29th October 2019)
Welcome to the next major update for Melvor Idle! This update brings along a three new skills for you to train, as well as some other additions and changes throughout the game.
The next update, Alpha v0.09, will have a focus on Combat (you can see a little teaser in the Combat Area selector).
Let's take a look at what has been added into the game.
Ranged combat is the latest addition to the Combat skills area.
Take advantage of the large damage output from bows and arrows, as well as the inclusion of ranged armour that can assist with your combat.
Ranged combat requires a bow and arrows. Be sure to pay attention to your ammo so you do not get caught out.
Fletching is a very simple skill. Currently, its sole purpose is to provide you with bow and arrow creation.
A simple, yet fast skill to train.
Crafting provides the option to create ranged armour, as well as put your gems to use in creating combat rings and necklaces.
This isn't the fastest skill to train, but the benefits provided by the equipment you can craft makes it something to pay attention to.
- Ranged, Fletching and Crafting have been added to the game.
- Shortbows and Longbows have been added to the game. Created in Fletching.
- Arrows ( Bronze to Dragon) have been added to the game. Created in Fletching.
- Arrow Tips have been added to the game. These can be created in Smithing (required to make arrows).
- Leather armour has been added to the game. Created in Crafting.
- Green, Blue, Red and Black Dragonhide armour have been added to the game. Created in Crafting.
- Combat Equipment Slots for Rings, Gloves, Capes and Ammo have been added.
- Various Gold and Silver Rings and Necklaces have been added to the game. Created in Crafting.
- Capes have been added to the game, acquired through combat. Currently, the Cape of Prat and Obsidian Cape can be found from certain monsters.
- Elite versions of the Amulets of Strength, Accuracy, Defence and Glory have been added to the game as an upgrade.
- Gem Gloves have been added to the game, and can be acquired via the Shop. When worn, you will always receive a Gem for each ore mined.
- Leather and Feathers have been added to the game as a resource used in Crafting and Fletching.
- Cows and Chickens have been added to the game. They can be fought in Combat Area 1 only. They always drop Leather/ Feathers respectively.
- You can now buy Leather, Bowstring, and Dragonhides (Raw Materials) from the Shop.
- Statistics for Thieving, Farming, Fletching and Crafting have been added.
- You can now see a small Mastery progress bar in Firemaking, Cooking, Smithing, Fletching and Crafting. Others to be added in coming updates.
- All Smithing items now have Mastery.
- Hovering over your current Axe, Fishing Rod or Pickaxe will now show what bonus it provides.
- Hovering over your current GP in the sidebar or Shop will show the exact value.
- A small icon has been added next to your Woodcutting axe upgrade to show if you have the Multi-Tree Upgrade.
- Hovering over items required in a Shop Upgrade now tells you what the item is.
- Active Gloves will now show on the respective skill page.
- Smithing has been completely redesigned.
- Cost of bank slots has been reduced by 33%. You will receive a refund upon load to accommodate for this change.
- You are now required to EQUIP the Gloves purchased from the Shop for the effect to take place. Upon load, you will receive the Gloves for your current purchases into your Bank (This ignores bank space requirements).
- You can now choose which monster to fight in Combat Areas 1 and 2.
- Thieving Gloves now provide +10% success rate instead of guaranteed 100%.
- There is now a base 1% chance per action to receive a gem when mining without the Gem Gloves.
- Dagger attack speed increased to 2.2s, up from 2s
- Battleaxe attack speed reduced to 3.1s, down from 3.6s
- 2H Sword attack speed reduced to 3.6s, down from 4.2s
- All Gem sell prices reduced by roughly 75%
- Stats for seconds spent smelting bars and Smithing items has been combined into one stat.
- Farming now says 'About x minutes left'
- Statistics numbers are now formatted with commas
- Trees now give the correct amount of XP from Farming.
- Fixed issue where Smithing double ore and ore preservation chance was not being calculated correctly.
- Open All now shows the correct items received.
- Sale prices in bank are now formatted correctly.
- Thieving visual success rate is now displayed correctly without requiring a refresh.
- Mining stats are now tracked again
- Cooking and Firemaking quantities are now formatted with commas.
- Cooking counter now correctly displays 'All' instead of a negative number
- Farming tab now glows when a crop has grown without requiring a refresh.
- Fixed an issue where GP was not coloured correctly in the sidebar.
- Logs now correctly update for Firemaking when harvesting trees in Farming.
- Updated Farming seed selection look to be nicer on the eyes.
- Minor layout and formatting adjustments.
|Melvor Idle Version History (Current: v1.2.2)
|v0.01 v0.01.1, v0.01.2 | v0.02 | v0.03 v0.03.1, v0.03.2, v0.03.3, v0.03.4, v0.03.5, v0.03.6
|v0.04 v0.04.2, v0.04.3 | v0.05 v0.05.1 | v0.06 | v0.07 v0.07.1 | v0.08 v0.08.1, v0.08.2 | v0.09 v0.09.1, v0.09.2 | v0.10 v0.10.1, v0.10.2
|v0.11 v0.11.1, v0.11.2 | v0.12 v0.12.1, v0.12.2 | v0.13 | v0.14 v0.14.1, v0.14.2 | v0.15 v0.15.1, v0.15.2, v0.15.3, v0.15.4 | v0.16 v0.16.1, v0.16.2, v0.16.3 | v0.17 | v0.18 v0.18.1
|v0.18.2 | v0.19 v0.19.1, v0.19.2 | v0.20 | v0.21 | v0.22 v0.22.1 | v1.0 v1.0.1
|v1.0.2 v1.0.3 v1.0.4 v1.0.5 | v1.1 v1.1.1
|v1.1.2 | v1.2 v1.2.1 v1.2.2