Alpha v0.07 (9th October 2019)
This update focuses on updates to current content within Melvor Idle.
The main focus is on balance (except Combat), as well as an array of changes, fixes, optimizations and other QoL inclusions.
I have also added a Patreon link to the sidebar in-game. For those who wish to directly support the development of this game, and receive some benefits along the way, I would be greatly appreciative of that. I won't really be advertising it after this update, but it will be there for those who wish to support. This game will still continue development as usual even with no Patreons.
It was too hard to show all the balance changes here, so I created a Google Sheet showing all the changes.
See all the changes here: Balance Changes Sheet.
- Mining has been redesigned from the ground-up. Rocks now have a set maximum HP. Once this hits 0, the rock will need to regenerate. Each Mastery level for the respective ore increases the maximum HP by 1. There is also a 0.5% chance that you will collect a random Gem from mining.
- Four degradable Gloves have been added to the shop. Activating these will provide benefits for skills to aid with training.
- Amulets have been added to the game, and can be equipped to provide various stats according to the amulet.
- Amulet of Strength, Accuracy and Defence have been added to the game and can be acquired through monster drops in Areas 3-5.
- Amulet of Glory has been added to the game. This can only be obtained as a drop from monsters in Area 6.
- Amulet of Fishing has been added to the game. This can be acquired via Treasure Chests obtained while Fishing.
- Added Cooking Fires to the game. These can be purchased as an upgrade in the shop to assist with Cooking. This replaces the Cooking Range. Everyone who purchased a Cooking Range has received a refund.
- Updated the look of the Mastery Tab. This now also displays your Current Total Mastery Level.
- Open xAll option has been added for Bird Nests and Treasure Chests.
- Buy 5x Compost is now an option in the Shop.
- Allotments in Farming now have a chance to provide seeds when harvested, once Level 10 Mastery has been reached.
- The Farming tab now glows green when you have a crop to harvest.
- You can now see your current Hitpoints next to the Thieving skill tab (just like the Hitpoints Tab).
- A setting to disable item notifications was added.
- You can now see what Farming Level is required for Farming Areas to unlock under the Milestone tab.
- Mastery icons are now hidden until you earn at least 1 XP for that item.
- You now receive Mastery XP for the log you burn for Cooking.
- You are now notified of a Milestone unlock when you level up a skill.
- Added a small indicator to show how many more Cooking Actions are remaining.
- Most skills have received XP/GP Balance changes. See above for these details.
- It is no longer possible to pickpocket Dragonite Ore from a Miner.
- It is no longer possible to pickpocket Cave Fish, Manta Rays or Whales from Chefs.
- It is no longer possible to pickpocket Raw Cave Fish, Raw Manta Rays or Raw Whales from the Fisherman.
- It is no longer possible to pickpocket Rune Daggers or Rune 2H Swords from the Knight.
- The Treasure Chest now has an 8% chance to spawn in a random Fishing Area (Up from 1%).
- Skill Levels are now visually capped at Level 99. Skill XP after Level 99 is still tracked, and can be seen on the respective Skill screen.
- Food can no longer be consumed when at full HP.
- Increased the icon sizes in the bank, as well as the button size. This will ensure all buttons in the bank are the same size.
- Slightly updated the look of the shop to be somewhat uniform and clear.
- You are no longer required to Force Refresh after an update to load it correctly. This is also true for Mobile.
- Farming Area 5 now requires Level 80 instead of Level 30 (This is what it was supposed to be initially).
- Updated the Combat screen so it does not adjust in height every time it searches for an enemy.
- Fixed an issue where upgrading an (S) Iron Shield to (G) Iron Shield turned it into a Platebody.
- Fixed a memory leak issue that would cause copious amounts of lag after a certain period of time, or when clicking various areas on the screen.
- Fixed an issue where you would not receive your upgraded item if you spent the exact amount of bars you had in your bank at the time.
- Fixed an issue where leveling up Farming while planting a seed would make it visually disappear.
- Bank quantities are now formatted correctly.
- Fixed an issue where Cooking would not stop correctly.
- Level 99's are now formatted correctly in the sidebar for all skills.
- Fixed a rare bug where your maximum Hitpoints was able to exceed your Hitpoints level.
- Fixed an issue with Magic Tree Seeds only providing 82xp.
- Fixed a bug where the bank popover would remain on the screen until the game was refreshed if you sorted your bank with an item selected.
- Fixed minor formatting issues with Thieving window in mobile view. Missing item images have been restored.
- Missing Mastery image for Runite Ore has been restored.
- Spelling errors for some items have been fixed.
|Melvor Idle Version History (Current: v1.2.2)
|v0.01 v0.01.1, v0.01.2 | v0.02 | v0.03 v0.03.1, v0.03.2, v0.03.3, v0.03.4, v0.03.5, v0.03.6
|v0.04 v0.04.2, v0.04.3 | v0.05 v0.05.1 | v0.06 | v0.07 v0.07.1 | v0.08 v0.08.1, v0.08.2 | v0.09 v0.09.1, v0.09.2 | v0.10 v0.10.1, v0.10.2
|v0.11 v0.11.1, v0.11.2 | v0.12 v0.12.1, v0.12.2 | v0.13 | v0.14 v0.14.1, v0.14.2 | v0.15 v0.15.1, v0.15.2, v0.15.3, v0.15.4 | v0.16 v0.16.1, v0.16.2, v0.16.3 | v0.17 | v0.18 v0.18.1
|v0.18.2 | v0.19 v0.19.1, v0.19.2 | v0.20 | v0.21 | v0.22 v0.22.1 | v1.0 v1.0.1
|v1.0.2 v1.0.3 v1.0.4 v1.0.5 | v1.1 v1.1.1
|v1.1.2 | v1.2 v1.2.1 v1.2.2