Prayer

From Melvor Idle
Revision as of 21:20, 16 December 2021 by Falterfire (talk | contribs) (Added some elaboration about using Slayer)
This page is out of date (v1.0).
Prayer

Prayer is a Combat.svg Combat skill that provides passive bonuses at the expense of prayer points. Prayer points can be gained by burying bones from the Bank. Killing monsters while wearing the Bone Necklace (item).svg Bone Necklace will automatically bury bones and award twice the normal amount of prayer points. During Combat, a maximum of two prayers can be active at once. There is no limit to the amount of prayer points that the player can have. Raising Prayer to Prayer Level 99 will unlock the Prayer Skillcape (item).svg Prayer Skillcape for purchase from the Shop.

Prayer experience is earned when dealing damage to monsters while any prayers costing per player attack are active. The amount of Prayer experience earned is [math]\frac{1}{30}[/math] or [math]0.0\bar{3}[/math] per point of damage dealt multiplied by the prayer point cost per player attack. Note that the 'prayer point cost' is the base cost before any cost modifiers are applied, meaning that methods used by the player to either reduce or increase prayer costs do not affect the experience earned. This experience can be increased by 4% by equipping the Gold Emerald Ring (item).svg Gold Emerald Ring, which along with the 1% increase from Pyro (pet).png Pyro and 5% from Firemaking Skillcape (item).svg Firemaking Skillcape provides a skill XP increase of 10%.

Prayer acquisition rates

Calculations
Magic (skill).svg Alt.Magic has the interval of 2 seconds.

With Amulet of Incantation (item).png Amulet of Incantation, the Alt.Magic interval goes down to 1.8 seconds.

The rune expenditure is mitigated by the Nature's Call Staff (item).png Nature's Call Staff and the Magic Skillcape (item).svg Magic Skillcape, leaving only one Earth Rune (item).svg Earth Rune per cast. It adds roughly [math]0.85/16/\frac{1}{1-0.8} = 0.0106[/math] seconds per a Blessed Offering cast if we consider the maximum preservation, mastery, and mining speed.

Fishing (skill).svg Fishing with the Dragon Fishing Rod has the catching [math](2.4 + 7.2) / 2 = 9.6 / 2 = 4.8[/math] seconds.

With the Amulet of Fishing (item).svg Amulet of Fishing, it's [math](1.8 + 5.4) / 2 = 7.2 / 2 = 3.6[/math] seconds.

The case of Astrology (skill).svg Astrology modifiers is not calculated yet. If you want to help with it, please contact the Discord server (link).

Method Prayer points per second Result
Alt.Magic/Blessed offering [math](3 \times 3)/(2 + 0.0106)[/math] 4.476
Alt.Magic/Blessed offering with the Amulet of Incantation (item).png Amulet [math](3 \times 3)/(1.8 + 0.0106)[/math] 4.971
Fishing Raw Skeleton Fish (item).svg Raw Skeleton Fish with Dragon Rod [math]3/4.8[/math] 0.625
Fishing Raw Skeleton Fish (item).svg Raw Skeleton Fish with Dragon Rod + Raw Skeleton Fish (item).svg Mastery.svg Level 99 or Fishing Skillcape (item).svg Cape [math]3*2/4.8[/math] 1.25
Fishing Raw Skeleton Fish (item).svg Raw Skeleton Fish with Dragon Rod, Raw Skeleton Fish (item).svg Mastery.svg Level 99, Fishing Skillcape (item).svg Cape, and Amulet of Fishing (item).svg Amulet [math]3*4/3.6[/math] 3.333
End-game Slayer (skill).svg Slayer tasks no definite numbers,
but it's the best option

Slayer tasks do not directly generate many bones. Instead, the Prayer points are acquired by spending the Slayer Coins.svg Slayer Coins earned at the Shop on either Crab (item).svg Standard Resupply or Shark (item).svg Generous Resupply packs, which contain 500 Magic Bones (item).svg Magic Bones and 1,000 Magic Bones (item).svg Magic Bones respectively. (The Lobster (item).svg Basic Resupply provides a worse rate than the other two and should be avoided)

Both the Standard and Generous Resupply packs allow converting Slayer Coins into Prayer Points at a rate of Slayer Coins.svg 2 per Prayer Point. This means Slayer tasks begin generating 5 prayer points per second once the player can gain at least Slayer Coins.svg 36,000 per hour.

Bones

Bones can primarily be acquired by killing Monsters that are not in Dungeons. Alternative sources are:

Prayers

All prayers that provide a percentage increase apply multiplicatively, except for Stone Skin (prayer).svg Stone Skin which provides a flat 3% increase to Damage Reduction. For example, Mystic Might (prayer).svg Mystic Might's +15% Magic Evasion bonus will multiply the player's Magic Evasion Rating by 1.15 rather than directly providing a 15% chance to evade any Magic attack. Likewise, the +15% Magic Accuracy bonus it provides will multiply the player's Magic Accuracy Rating by 1.15 rather than simply adding 15% to their hit chance. Players can view the Combat.svg Combat page for more detail on how hit chance is calculated.

The three Protection prayers are worded differently and behave differently from prayers that affect Evasion Rating. For example, Protect from Magic (prayer).svg Protect from Magic provides a flat 80% chance for the player to dodge any Magic attack, therefore using protection prayers when the monsters's chance to hit is 20% or lower is not advised as doing so would increase the monster's chance to hit.

Reducing Prayer Point Usage

To reduce the number of prayer points used by active prayers, players can take advantage of various sources granting modifiers that reduce the prayer point cost of prayers and/or provide a chance to preserve all prayer points the prayer would have used.

The prayer point cost reduction modifiers can reduce the cost of prayers to a minimum of 1 point per prayer, the only exception to this being that protection prayers are free when the Gold Diamond Ring (item).svg Gold Diamond Ring is equipped. Any flat prayer point reductions are applied before any percentage reductions, therefore in some specific cases some flat cost reductions provide no benefit. For example, consider a scenario where prayers with an odd prayer point cost are active while both the Prayer Skillcape (item).svg Prayer Skillcape and Priest Hat (item).svg Priest Hat are equipped - in such a case, the Prayer Skillcape reduces the cost to 2 points regardless of whether the Priest Hat is equipped or not.

The chance to preserve prayer points provides a chance that active prayers will be used for free. The highest possible chance to preserve is currently 78% without Astrology (skill).svg Astrology constellations, or up to 93% should the player manage to roll +5% chance to preserve prayer points on all three unique modifier stars within the Hyden (constellation).svg Hyden constellation.

Skillcape

The skillcape can be purchased from the store for Coins.svg 1,000,000 after the player reaches Prayer Level 99.

Skillcape Name Effect
Prayer Skillcape (item).svg Prayer Skillcape -50% Prayer Point Cost for Prayers

Pet

The pet can be unlocked by doing any action that provides Prayer XP.

Pet Name Effect
Monk-ey (pet).png Monk-ey +5% Chance To Preserve Prayer Points