|This page is up to date (v0.21).
Offline Progression - Welcome Back
Offline Progression allows the game to progress while closed as if the player had remained online for the time since the game was closed (up to a maximum of 12 hours).
When the game is closed, a record is taken of which skill was being trained and which action within that skill was being performed. Upon returning, the game will determine how long the player was gone for (up to a maximum of 12 hours) and will simulate the progression as if the game had been left open for that time period, granting the player with any Skill XP, Mastery XP, Items, and various other things that would have been received during that time. The player will be presented with a summary of what has occurred while offline, and the action that was being performed will then continue progressing as normal.
- Offline Progression time is currently capped at 12 hours.
- For Thieving to work offline, the NPC Thieving target requires a minimum 90% success rate. Thieving Gloves count towards the 90%, however if they run out and the percent drops below 90, Thieving will stop.
- All gloves and skillcapes work offline if they have been equipped in the active equipment set.
- Most Herblore potions work offline if Auto Re-use Potion is active. The potions that do not work will say so in their description. Currently, the potions that do not work are Controlled Heat Potions, and Perfect Swing Potions.
- Mastery XP will be granted when the game is re-opened, and the entire offline session will be simulated as if the action being performed had remained at its initial Mastery level for the entire offline period. Therefore, the player won't receive the benefits of any gained Mastery levels until after the game is re-opened and online progress resumes. Whatever action is performed during the offline progression will not have any new Mastery bonuses applied.
- Mastery Tokens can be earned offline.
- Offline progression may also trigger if the the game is left open in a separate tab and it becomes slowed by browser throttling (See Settings).
- Farming has no auto-replant feature and will not have seeds replanted while offline.
- Crown of Rhaelyx can save materials while offline. If Charge Stones are owned, they can be consumed.