|This page was last updated for (v1.1.2).
Vorloran Armor Farming
Following the purchase of the Golden Shard, you now have access to Millennium Gate, the final Slayer Area in the . These 3 mobs drop the highest level, and often most powerful, armor in the game that are extremely helpful in completing the following slayer area, as well as the Throne of the Herald. These can be extremely long grinds due to the difficulty of the monsters, and require quite a bit of preparation. The drops that will usually take the longest to obtain are the Platebodies at a drop rate of 3/1300, and it takes an average of roughly 493 kills for each monster to fully complete the armor sets.
We recommend acquiring them while fighting each monster as a slayer task, this will require you to turn OFF auto-slayer, and will encourage semi-frequent check-ins. Doing these on task will increase your damage dealt to them from various buffs. This will make the order you obtain the various equipment in effectively random, but if you don't want to deal with the hassle of rerolling, or simply want to do them in a specific order, the guide will recommend the following order:
Additionally, you should also acquire the pet Patchy whilst doing this grind, if you do not, continue farming whichever mob you kill the fastest on or off task until you get it.
The order you obtain these items in is not particularly important, and considering each separate item can be a huge upgrade individually, it is often recommended to fight each mob for only a short time before equipping the newly obtained armour and switching to the next, repeating this until the player has completed the sets.
Doing these grinds simultaneously with the grinds for the t120 weapons can also be a good idea,
A roughly complete order for finishing Slayer as efficiently as possible would look like:
- Torvair / Arctair / Harkair
- Vorloran Devastator
- Vorloran Watcher
- Vorloran Protector
Many players combine the grinding of these weapons with the grind for the Slayer Gear Upgrade Kit (Mythical). An added benefit is the increased damage given by buffs like the Slayer Skillcape and Astrology while fighting Slayer Tasks. Another benefit is the ability to buy prayer points, Light Runes, and Food at a profit with the use of Bountiful Resupply.
Below are some gear suggestions. Depending on what Prayer, Potions, and Agility buffs you use or have access to, your optimal gear can change.
There are very few hard requirements beyond the ability to survive and the entry requirement of Slayer Level 118, but there are several skills and items that will make this grind significantly easier, and we would be remiss to not mention them
- For Melee, use Battleborn and Valor or the highest level combat style prayers you have available.
- For Ranged, use Battleborn and Avidity or the highest level combat style prayers you have available.
- For Magic, use Battleborn and Divination or the highest level combat style prayers you have available.
For all combat styles, use Damage Reduction Potion IV
For all combat styles, use Spectre and Occultist. This synergy adds a ridiculous amount to the player's chance to hit, even with otherwise maxed stats, and helps a lot in actually landing hits.
Alternatively, use Fox and Dragon to deal a significant amount of unavoidable damage when the player is otherwise having trouble hitting the target
Checking your setups with the Combat Simulator before engaging any of these monsters is highly recommended. The Slayer Deterer From Township can help reach the tight DR thresholds required provided the monster is only fought while on a slayer task.
Vorloran Protector drops Vorloran Protector Armor
To be able to idle Vorloran Protector with Magic, the following build has 100% Damage Reduction out of combat (75% in combat) and 1,220 Hitpoints. Leviathan Shield used here grants an extra 6% DR in combat for a total of 81%. While normally the shield cannot be relied upon to give its full effect all the time, in this case, against this enemy, the effect is guaranteed to be fully stacked since the enemy's highest potential max hit requires it to hit the player 7 times.
With Slicing Maelstrom Wand, use Slicing Maelstrom, Despair, and Surge II.
With Archaic Wand or Calamity Wand, use Infernal Power, Despair, and Surge II.
Vorloran Watcher drops Vorloran Watcher Armor
To be able to idle Vorloran Watcher with Melee, the following build has 92% Damage Reduction out of combat (65% in combat) and 1,220 Hitpoints
Vorloran Devastator drops Vorloran Devastator Armor
To be able to idle Vorloran Devastator with Ranged, the following build has 96% Damage Reduction out of combat (70% in combat) and 1,270 Hitpoints, use Rocky Waters instead of Lake Swim.
It is incredibly important to use Protect from Magic instead of Avidity to avoid as many of the Slow and Freeze debuffs as possible.
With Feather Storm Crossbow, use Zephyte Bolts or Decay Bolts.
With Divine Crossbow, use Meteorite Bolts.