|This page is up to date (v1.1.1).
Hardcore mode is a Game Mode that can be chosen when creating a new character. There is no way to change a character from one game mode to another after creation. Hardcore characters are deleted upon Death and also have several penalties that apply while playing:
- Hitpoints do not passively regenerate
- The Bank is limited to a maximum of 100 slots - 12 slots are available initially and a further 88 can be purchased from the Shop. Players can gain additional slots to exceed this limit, either permanently through the use of Bank Slot Tokens, or temporarily while the Pillar of Generosity is active.
- The Combat Triangle penalties for using the combat style that is weak against the current enemy are increased.
Nobody likes to lose a character to a simple mistake. This section lists a number of things to look out for in order to not die.
- Use Combat Simulator to see if you are safe in a fight. This is especially useful in the late game, where there are more factors at play.
- Always check the amount of vital resources before going away: Food, food auto-swap (provided by Cooking Upgrade 2), Damage Reduction Prayers, Potions, Summons.
- Disable Auto Slayer if you don't intend to use it. It is especially important to disable this for Slayer tasks of Master or higher tiers.
- The Cyclops and Yak Summoning synergy provides +3% Damage Reduction when fighting your Slayer task. With Auto Slayer disabled you may be at risk of dying once your task is completed due to losing this bonus.
Sources of Healing
To regain Hitpoints in Hardcore, the choices are restricted to consuming food or using special abilities, since there's no natural regeneration:
- Consuming food, gained from monster loot:
- Ancient Sword with its 25% chance for Life Leech (25% healing from damage dealt)
- Warlock Amulet with its 20% healing from damage done from spells
- Elder Crown with its 10% life steal and 100% bleed life steal
- Fervor with its 5% to 20% life steal
- Slayer Shop
Or from a variety of other non-combat sources: