|This page is up to date (v1.0.5).
Alternative Magic (or Alt. Magic) is an alternative method to train Magic using non-combat spells. It is still the same skill as Magic - all XP is shared. Each Alt. Magic action takes 2 seconds.
Alt. Magic can be trained offline.
- The Ancient Ring of Skills will boost XP gained from Alt. Magic, but the Gold Emerald Ring will not.
- Staves, Imbued wands, and the Magic Skillcape can be used to reduce the rune cost of spells.
- Salem can be received while training Alt. Magic, with the rune preservation bonus also applying to Alt. Magic spells.
- The Crown of Rhaelyx's chance to save materials does not apply to Alt. Magic at all, and neither runes nor non-rune components such as ores for Superheat can be saved.
- Global item doubling bonuses such as that provided by Aorpheat's Signet Ring will apply to Alt. Magic spells that produce resources.
- Signet Ring Half (a) can be earned from Alt. Magic instead of the usual combat Magic drop of Signet Ring Half (b).
- Marks of the Occultist and Witch can be discovered while training Alt. Magic. Tablets for these familiars will neither be consumed nor provide Summoning XP if equipped while using Alt. Magic spells.
- Rune Preservation bonuses apply when casting Alt. Magic spells.
- Amulet of Incantation can be used to speed up spells cast with Alt. Magic, and also provides +10% rune preservation chance specifically for Alt. Magic spells.
- GP received when casting Item Alchemy spells can be increased by taking advantage by global GP bonuses - a list of things granting this bonus can be seen on the Item Alchemy page.
- Spells requiring an item selection (such as Just Learning) will only allow items which are unlocked in the Bank to be selected. Locked items must first be unlocked before they can be used with such spells.
In addition to the usual Rune Preservation bonuses available when using Magic, Alt. Magic also benefits from rune preservation bonuses specifically for Alt. Magic spells. These bonuses are additive, so for example a +20% Rune Preservation bonus combined with +10% Rune Preservation for Alt. Magic spells results in a combined +30% chance to preserve runes when casting Alt. Magic spells.
|| Level 1
||Convert selected item into 1 Rune Essence.
||1 , 1
|| Level 5
||Create 1 x bars using 1 x required ores.
||1 , 2 , 2 |
1 , 2
||Item Alchemy I
|| Level 10
||Convert selected item into GP worth 40% of the item's base sale price.
||1 , 3
|| Level 18
||Creates 3 x Bones.
||1 , 1
|| Level 25
||Create 2 x bars using 1 x required ores.
||1 , 3 , 3 |
1 , 3
||Item Alchemy II
|| Level 35
||Convert selected item into GP worth 100% of the item's base sale price.
||1 , 4
||Rags to Riches I
|| Level 48
||Convert selected Junk item, obtained from Fishing, into a random Gem.
||1 , 2 , 2 |
1 , 2
|| Level 56
||Creates 3 x Holy Dust.
||2 , 1
|| Level 64
||Create 3 x bars using 1 x required ores.
||1 , 4 , 4 , 1 |
1 , 4 , 1
||Rags to Riches II
|| Level 70
||Convert Coal Ore into a random Gem.
||2 , 4 , 4 , 2 |
2 , 4 , 2
||Item Alchemy III
|| Level 76
||Convert selected item into GP worth 160% of the item's base sale price.
||1 , 5 , 2
|| Level 95
||Create 3 x bars using 1 x required ores, ignoring all Coal Requirements.
||2 , 7 , 7 , 3 |
2 , 7 , 3