Revision as of 06:48, 2 February 2022
|This page is out of date (v1.0.2).
This page presents one of the possible ways to start your Melvor journey. Please note that the instructions below are for the Standard and Hardcore Game Modes. For Adventure, please refer to Adventure/Guide.
The goal of the provided steps is to make your overall progress to 100% completion as fast as possible. However, it is not guaranteed that this is the fastest method, nor is there a right or wrong way to progress in the game. New players in particular may wish to try a larger diversity of rather than training the same skills for a significant amount of time. Therefore, feel free to diverge from the below guidance should you wish to do so.
This page is inspired by the following reddit post.
- Level Astrology until level 20 to unlock Ameria, then train on this same constellation until level 80 Mastery.
Doing so will provide access to 3 basic modifiers and 2 unique modifiers from Ameria, which can then be re-rolled using the 'Reroll All' option to acquire some Fishing bonuses, consuming Stardust and Golden Stardust in the process.
- For standard modifiers, aim for at least +5% Fishing Skill XP over all three modifiers.
- For unique modifiers, aim for at least +5% Special Items chance from Fishing, or -3% Fishing Interval over both modifiers.
- Please note that these are the overall bonuses across all standard or unique modifiers unlocked, not the suggested modifiers for a single slot. The chance of 5% in a single slot is 1 in 100, so don't attempt to roll for that.
- Train Fishing until both the Ancient Ring of Skills and Ancient Ring of Mastery have been acquired. It is likely that Level 99 will have been reached by the time this happens due to the rarity of these rings.
- Open any Treasure Chests, equipping the Amulet of Fishing if it drops as this reduces the catch time for all fish.
- Fishing Rods also provide a significant decrease to catch time and should be purchased as soon as they become available.
- Keep any Diamonds gained along the way as these are required for a number of highly desirable things later, notably Diamond Luck Potions and the Ice Jump Agility obstacle.
- Sell everything else acquired while Fishing, which should provide enough GP to fund fishing rod upgrades, the Multi-Tree upgrade for later, and any other purchases such as additional bank slots.
- Catching the following fish is suggested:
- Train Astrology further. Equip the Ancient Ring of Mastery and study Deedree until level 80 Mastery. Once reached, re-roll modifiers as follows:
- For Deedree aim for any Woodcutting bonuses - preferably increased Skill XP or Mastery XP for standard modifiers, and increased Bird Nest drop rate for unique modifiers.
- For Ameria aim for any Firemaking bonuses - preferably increased Skill XP or Mastery XP for standard modifiers, and decreased Firemaking interval for unique modifiers.
- Alternate between training Woodcutting and Firemaking. Equip the Ancient Ring of Skills before starting. The ultimate goal here is Level 99 to unlock the Firemaking Skillcape.
- Axe upgrades should be purchased as soon as possible, as they significantly decrease the amount of time required to cut all trees.
- Skip Magic Logs due to the long cut time. This means using Multi-Tree to simultaneously cut Redwood and Yew logs.
- Open any Bird Nests dropped for seeds, then begin training Farming. Once started, any planted seeds will grow in the background while training any other skill. Keep Strawberry Seeds for Gentle Hands Potions used in Thieving, and keep Watermelons for Agility.
- Save any Redwood Logs gained, burning only up to and including Yew Logs to achieve Level 99.
- Manually lighting bonfires is not recommended. Although doing so will increase the Firemaking Skill XP gained, this is very manual to maintain and uses significantly more logs. Lighting bonfires automatically by using Controlled Heat Potions is however highly recommended if you are able to reach Level 20 by creating only Bird Nest Potions, requiring Garum Herbs from Farming and Potato Seeds from Bird Nests to create.
- After a decent amount of logs have been acquired, train Summoning to create a bunch of Ent tablets, then equip them for a chance to obtain additional logs while Woodcutting. Any tablets consumed while Woodcutting will also provide Summoning skill XP, making it possible to train two skills at once. Try to ensure you always have Ent tablets equipped, even if this means temporarily stopping Woodcutting to create some more.
- After reaching Level 15, train Agility until level 10 is reached. This will allow the Monkey Bars Agility obstacle to be created, providing a 4% decrease to the Firemaking interval.
- After reaching Level 35 and Level 30, training Agility once more, this time until level 20 is reached for the purpose of creating the Stepping Stones obstacle. This obstacle provides both a 6% decrease to Woodcutting interval and a 3% increase to Firemaking skill XP.
- Train Astrology once more, this time until Level 99 is reached in order to unlock many more bonuses. Re-roll any modifiers as you see fit, however try not to spend too much time re-rolling until all constellations are Mastery level 99, at which point all modifiers will be unlocked.
At this point, you have both ancient rings (providing +8% Skill or Mastery XP, depending on which is equipped), the Firemaking Skillcape (providing +5% Skill XP to all skills), and a variety of other bonuses from Astrology and Agility.
The choices on what path to take next start to open up, some suggestions are: