Update v1.0.5 - (5th July 2022)
With 100% of development is focused on the upcoming Expansion 1, I come bringing a small surprise update for everyone to enjoy while you wait.
As a thank you for the support so far on the Cool Rock Plushie sales I have decided to release a new temporary custom Game Mode for you all to enjoy.
We’re currently at 80% of our funding goal for the Cool Rock Plushies with only under one week to go to reach our sales target! If you would like to help us reach that 100% target, you can do so here.
Nonetheless, even if we don’t reach that target, I believe everyone deserves something as a thank you from us to show our appreciation to the community that continues to support us through and through.
New Temporary Custom Game Mode
Say hello to Internal Suffering Speedrun Mode!
Available until: August 31 23:59:59 GMT
We took the concept of the previous Hardcore Adventure Speedrun Mode and turned it up to 11. The idea here is to bring a fresh take on how the game is played, and really make you think about your next actions moving forward.
This Game Mode will test your strategic decision making, forcing you to slowly disable the further you progress. You will need to make the call as to what skills you can do without, and what will help you defeat the final boss.
And yes, this is super fast again.
So, what exactly does this game mode entail? Read carefully as there are quite a few important mechanics to keep in mind.
- As usual, the goal is to defeat the final boss as fast as you can.
- This is a safe game mode. No character loss on death.
- Uses the Hardcore Combat Triangle.
- However, the combat triangle has been reversed! This means Melee now beats Magic, Ranged beats Melee, and Magic beats Ranged. Check the numbers inside the small triangle tooltip next to your Max Hit and Damage Reduction numbers to see the exact numbers.
- All skills except Firemaking and Farming are available to you at the start.
- Your skill Level is capped at level 10. This cap can be increased at any time by permanently disabling any non-combat skill. This can be done from the new menu item in the sidebar.
- For each skill you disable, not including Firemaking or Farming, the skill level cap will increase by 10. This means you need to disable 10 non-combat skills to be able to reach level 99.
- You can continue training skills when you reach the level cap, you will just earn no further skill XP.
- Accessing the final boss requires level 99 in all Combat skills to access.
On top of the above unique mechanics, we have made similar adjustments to the intervals as the previous custom game mode:
- -80% Attack intervals for you and the enemies.
- -80% Skill intervals (This now also reduces Thieving stun intervals).
- +800% Global Mastery XP.
- -2s Monster respawn timer.
You will also notice this game mode uses larger numbers. This is purely visual and provides no real benefit to the game. It is simply done to make the game mode look a bit different.
Firstly, to accommodate for the new game modeI have added another save slot for everyone to use and enjoy!
A month or so ago I posted a thread to Reddit asking the community for feedback on the UI of the game, and requested information on everyone’s biggest UI pet-peeve.
You can view this thread here.
I plan to resolve as many of these UI issues as possible, especially for the release of the expansion.
For now, I took the top comment and adjusted the UI for Firemaking, Fishing and Mining to now display XP, Mastery XP, and mastery pool XP you can gain per action ( Woodcutting already shows this during the action).
Farming and Summoning UI adjustments to show extra information will be coming at a later date! Alongside resolutions for other UI pet-peeves mentioned.
In the future, I plan to ask more questions similar to this so I can gauge an understanding of what everyone is thinking, and what I can do to address the potential concerns or suggestions mentioned.
It’s something I’ve valued since I began development on Melvor Idle, and I want to continue this level of communication moving forward!
Another Expansion 1 Live Stream
In case you missed the news, we have another live stream happening to discuss expansion 1 in more detail. There’s also a live Q&A happening on this stream, so be sure to tune in to get an inside into all things Melvor Idle!
Live Stream Details
Progress on Expansion 1 is looking fantastic. We’re excited to share more information with you all and take a closer look at what can be expected from the update!
I hope you all enjoy the new custom gamemode. Be sure to check out the live stream as there will be some information you won’t want to miss!
|Melvor Idle Version History (Current: v1.2.2)
||v0.01 v0.01.1, v0.01.2 | v0.02 | v0.03 v0.03.1, v0.03.2, v0.03.3, v0.03.4, v0.03.5, v0.03.6
||v0.04 v0.04.2, v0.04.3 | v0.05 v0.05.1 | v0.06 | v0.07 v0.07.1 | v0.08 v0.08.1, v0.08.2 | v0.09 v0.09.1, v0.09.2 | v0.10 v0.10.1, v0.10.2
||v0.11 v0.11.1, v0.11.2 | v0.12 v0.12.1, v0.12.2 | v0.13 | v0.14 v0.14.1, v0.14.2 | v0.15 v0.15.1, v0.15.2, v0.15.3, v0.15.4 | v0.16 v0.16.1, v0.16.2, v0.16.3 | v0.17 | v0.18 v0.18.1
||v0.18.2 | v0.19 v0.19.1, v0.19.2 | v0.20 | v0.21 | v0.22 v0.22.1 | v1.0 v1.0.1
||v1.0.2 v1.0.3 v1.0.4 v1.0.5 | v1.1 v1.1.1
||v1.1.2 | v1.2 v1.2.1 v1.2.2