Alpha v0.19.2 - (1st April 2021)
April Fools Event
Welcome to the next Event Update for Melvor Idle!!
This update celebrates Melvor Idle's 2nd favourite day of the year - April Fools!
This year, we've decided to turn it up a bit and provide you with something fun and chaotic to enjoy for a few weeks.
CHAOS MODE is an all new limited gamemode for you to try! Coming equipped with an array of fun mechanics and features for you to mess around with.
The idea behind Chaos Mode is to get as far as you can in the shortest amount of time. I personally won't track the time, but the Gamemode will only be playable for a few weeks.
The rules of CHAOS MODE are simple:
- Item Corruption is unlocked
- 25% Interval Reduction on all Skills and Attack Speeds (Including Enemy)
- All Enemies you face will have at least 1 random Passive
- All equipped items are lost on Death
- BIG NUMBERS
- Same Combat Triangle as Hardcore & Adventure Mode
- Golbin Raid is not available
- Don't fight a Chicken
Item Corruption is only available in CHAOS MODE.
You are given the power to use the Weapons & Gear you make or find, and turn them into completely random modifiers that either benefit you, or make your adventure a living hell.
Item Corruptions are applied to a Combat Equipment Slot, and are permanent as long as you don't roll another modifier. This means you have 10 "slots" to add random corruptions to.
These Item Corruptions cost GP to perform, equal to the value of the Item. There is a chance for the item to be destroyed, because why not? Corruptions are also based on a tier system, where the higher tier modifiers provide larger bonuses, as well as having more modifiers active at once.
Here is the tier list:
- Tier 1 - Base Item Values < 200 GP - 1 Random Modifier - Low Modifier Value Range (+/-30) - 40% Chance to Destroy the Item
- Tier 2 - Base Item Values < 10K GP - 2 Random Modifiers - Medium Modifier Value Range (+/-50) - 30% Chance to Destroy the Item
- Tier 3 - Base Item Values < 400K GP - 3 Random Modifiers - High Modifier Value Range (+/-75) - 20% Chance to Destroy the Item
- Tier 4 - Base Item Values >= 400K GP - 4 Random Modifiers - Very High Modifier Value Range (+/-99) - 10% Chance to Destroy the Item
The item must be equipped to the respective Equipment Slot for a corruption to be applied. You don't need to keep the item in that slot to keep the Corruption though.
Other Silly Nonsense
In true April Fools fashion, there is a bunch of other silly nonsense through the game. Have fun with this!
- Enemy Special Attack descriptions now display the damage value based on your Damage Reduction, instead of the base damage.
- Your listed Max Hit now includes values from your Damage Modifiers (Not including Special Attacks).
- Adjusted the styling of Character selection to display the Gamemode Icon more prominently, as well as making the Mobile design less "squished".
- Cloud Saving has a new save format, reducing the Cloud Save file size by roughly 50% on average. You will see no changes on your end, and local saves are still saved the same as before. Massive thanks to Coolrox95 for his work on getting the file size down by this much.
- It is now possible to purchase the Cape of Completion from the Shop again.
- Glove charges now display again in the Shop.
- Fixed issue where stun damage multipliers would be added twice on to an enemy.
- Fixed incorrect Cloudburst Staff description in Adventure Mode.
- Cleaned up back-end unused variables and functions.
- Item statistic for "Damage Taken" is no longer added to "Damage Dealt".
- Greater Dragonbreath no longer displays wrong damage value in description.
- Divine Potion no longer provides double the intended effect.
- Combat stat tracking no longer occurs for empty equipment slots.
- Cloudburst Staff icon is no longer missing in Milestones.
- Cleaned up Ranged Milestones.
- Weird Gloop now provides the +10% Harvest Bonus correctly.
|Melvor Idle Version History (Current: v1.0.3)
||v0.01 .1, .2 | v0.02 | v0.03 .1, .2, .3, .4, .5, .6
||v0.04 .2, .3 | v0.05 .1 | v0.06 | v0.07 .1 | v0.08 .1, .2 | v0.09 .1, .2 | v0.10 .1, .2
||v0.11 .1, .2 | v0.12 .1, .2 | v0.13 | v0.14 .1, .2 | v0.15 .1, .2, .3, .4 | v0.16 .1, .2, .3 | v0.17 | v0.18 .1
||v0.18.2 | v0.19 .1, .2 | v0.20 | v0.21 | v0.22 .1 | v1.0 .1