Alpha v0.19 - (4th March 2021)
It's been a while, but now is the perfect time to introduce our next Skill into the game.
Classed as a "Gathering" Skill, Agility is designed to provide numerous "Global Active Passives" to your character that can assist with pretty much all areas of the game. Almost all numbers can be affected by Agility in one way or another.
You are given the task of constructing your very own Agility Obstacle Course, with each obstacle you build coming equipped with different Agility XP rates, GP Rates, time to complete (Obstacle Interval) and Global Active Passives attached to it.
Starting at the very first obstacle, your character will complete each Obstacle in their respective order until a lap is complete. Upon completing a lap, you will restart the Obstacle Course and go again. You cannot choose which obstacle to start it, it is always the first.
Strategic planning and thinking will come into effect with this Skill, and how you utilise the various Obstacles is entirely up to you.
For every 10 Agility Levels, you will be provided with an empty spot to construct an Obstacle of your choosing. All obstacles are categorized to suit their respective position within your Agility Course, meaning you can't place an Obstacle anywhere you like. In total, there are roughly 43 Obstacles to build, each with individual Masteries to complete.
These Obstacles, as mentioned above, come equipped with various benefits, buffs and debuffs. It is up to you to make a decision as to which Obstacle is best suits your current needs.
Building an Obstacle is not free. There is always a GP cost attached to it, and some later obstacles require various extra Items to build.
Active & Inactive Obstacles
When building an Obstacle, the Global Active Passives provided are always active in most circumstances.
An Obstacle becomes inactive if there is a gap in your Obstacle Course prior to it. Inactive Obstacles disable their respective Global Active Passives. The gap must be filled before they reactivate.
Remember, if you cannot reach the Obstacle during your training, that Obstacle will be inactive. This also means you cannot gain any XP or GP from this Obstacle. Don't worry though, the game will tell you if an Obstacle is inactive.
Obstacle Cost Reductions
I'll be honest, Obstacles are not cheap, especially late game.
You will find yourself swapping Obstacles quite consistently based on what your current goal is throughout the game. To help with this, there is many ways you can reduce the cost of Obstacles to ease the burden of costs.
Here are some ways to ease the pain:
- Every time you construct an Obstacle, you gain +4% Item Cost Reduction for that Obstacle only. Stacks up to 10 times maximum for a total of +40% Item Cost Reduction.
- Reaching Level 80 Mastery will grant +10% Cost Reduction for that Obstacle only.
- Reaching Level 95 Mastery will grant +10% Cost Reduction for that Obstacle only.
- 50% Mastery Pool bonus grants +10% Cost Reduction for all Obstacles.
- 95% Mastery Pool bonus grants +15% Item Cost Reduction for all Obstacles.
- Agility Skillcape (and Max/ Completion Cape) grants +20% Cost Reduction for all Obstacles while equipped.
Item Cost Reduction is capped at 95%.
With the inclusion of a new Skill, that also means a new Pet is introduced alongside it!
Sam - +15% GP from Agility.
To help you along for this journey, a new Potion has been added to the game to give you that much needed, totally not illegal boost to your Obstacle Course training.
Performance Enhancing Potion - [2, 4, 6, 8]% Decreased Agility Interval. [10, 20, 30, 50] Charges.
And yes, a new Potion means new Masteries for Herblore ;)
What good is a new Skill without a nice Cape to wear and brag about?
Agility Skillcape - 20% Global Agility Obstacle cost reduction.
The 3rd and final Official Gamemode that will change everything about the way you play the game.
Adventure Mode brings a whole new challenge to the game, forcing you to make strategic decisions at every step of your journey.
In this Gamemode, Skills are locked behind a GP cost that must be unlocked individually. Every time you decide to unlock a Skill, the cost of the next unlock increases.
At the start of the Gamemode, the only Skills available to you are Attack, Strength, Defence, and Hitpoints. Everything else is locked.
To help kickstart your new adventure, you are given a Bronze Weapon and 10 Basic Food. So generous, right?
Adventure Mode is also bound by the same Combat Triangle Modifiers you find in Hardcore Mode.
Sounds easy, what's the catch?
Leveling Skills in Adventure Mode is completely different to Standard. Non-Combat Skill Levels cannot go above your Combat Level.
When you eventually reach the maximum level, the Skill will still continue to train as normal, but you won't receive any further XP. You will need to go back into Combat, and level your Combat Level.
Summarized Rules of Adventure Mode
- Skills are locked behind a GP cost to unlock.
- Start with only Attack, Strength, Defence, & Hitpoints unlocked.
- A Bronze Weapon and 10 Basic Food is provided in your bank at the start.
- Your Non-Combat Skill Levels cannot go above your Combat Level.
- Hitpoints, Damage, and Healing numbers are multiplied by a further 10 (just a visual change).
- Harsher Combat Triangle Modifiers. Same as Hardcore Mode.
- This is a safe Gamemode. It is okay to die.
Boss Pets have finally arrived to the game!
These cute little critters can be found in every single Dungeon in the game. Upon killing a Boss in a dungeon, you have a chance of obtaining one of the Boss Pets!
These Boss Pets provide a small Combat bonus to assist you in your adventures.
For those curious, the Into the Mist Boss Pet requires 5 completions of the Dungeon. This is also unlocked retroactively, so there is no need to complete another 5.
Golbin Raid - Stage 2
The long awaited Stage 2 of the Golbin Raid Development Plan has finally arrived.
- The Raid Shop is now active. You can purchase upgrades, Items and Pets in this shop. All Items and Pets in the Raid Shop do not count towards completion.
- Non-Combat skills will now go into offline mode during the Raid. This means you can train them while participating in Raids.
- Added (Alt) Weapons to the Raid. (Alt) Weapons have a completely random Special Attack attached to them. You cannot see what the Special Attack will be, and the Special Attack does not change unless you pick a different weapon.
- Prayer can now be unlocked and leveled up via the Raid Shop (for the Golbin Raid only).
- The Combat Passive Slot can be unlocked via the Raid Shop. If unlocked, you have the option to acquire a Random Passive Item at the end of every 10 waves.
- There is now a chance for the Golbins you face to have a random Passive attached to them. Be sure to look out for these and take note of why the Golbin you are facing is harder to kill than Ragnar.
- You can now see the stats of items in the Item Selector. It also compares to what you currently have equipped.
- You can now skip waves in the Raid at a cost of Raid Coins. This cost can be reduced via the Raid Shop.
- New Item - Yellow Party Hat - Acquired in the Golbin Raid Shop. Does not count towards Item Completion.
- New Pet - Preston the Platypus - Acquired in the Golbin Raid Shop. Does not count towards Item Completion.
- New Pet - Jerry the Giraffe - Acquired in the Golbin Raid Shop. Does not count towards Item Completion.
- Ranged Ammo count does not get replaced any more when selecting different Ammo. It simply replaces the Ammo and increases existing quantity.
- Start with 500 of each elemental Rune, up from 100.
- Start with 200 Bronze Arrows, up from 100 .
- There's a few items in the Raid Shop to assist you with the Raid. These include increases to Quantity of Ammo, Runes and Food found during the Raid.
- Ammo and Runes are now separate categories, instead of combined into one.
- Due to the above change, these categories now give you the option of 2 different Ammo/Runes, plus an option to simply add quantity to your existing Ammo/Runes.
- Reduced Golbin Max HP by 20%.
- It is no longer possible to find the Wasteful Ring, Cape of Completion, Max Skillcape or Farming Skillcape in the Raid.
- It is also no longer possible to roll Non-Combat Runes, or Combination Runes.
- Refreshing the page during a Raid will now correctly end the Raid and record its stats.
- Your equipment set should now correctly go back to its original after a Raid has been completed.
- There is a brand new Welcome Screen, which includes seamless Cloud functionality as well as Cloud Account Management.
- Added an announcement system to the game which allows me to post Announcements & News to Players without requiring a game refresh or restart.
- It is now possible to create up to 5 different Characters.
- Prices in the Shop are now colour coded so you know what you can and can't afford.
- Added the Official Development Roadmap as a link in-game.
- Started the complete overhaul to how Player Modifiers are handled in game. This should provide more consistency with how modifiers work, and will also speed up future development and management of the game by a lot. This also means a few items have changed in terms of how their bonuses work.
- Skill Preservation chance is now capped at 80%.
- Completely overhauled how the Shop works behind the scenes. You won't see much change with this, but it will allow me to add more Shop items with ease.
- The Shop now displays all items that are available for purchase from the start, as well as what is required to unlock that Shop item.
- Aorpheat's Signet Ring now provides +100% GP from all sources except Alt. Magic and item selling, instead of a flat double to item drops.
- Slayer Skillcape now provides +25% Flat Slayer Area Effect Negation. Changed from 60% Area Effect Negation.
- All God Upgrades now provide +15% to their respective bonuses (additive), instead of the previous 20% Increase (multiplicative). This is not a nerf, providing a higher bonus overall than before.
- Amulet of Fishing now provides +15% Decreased Fishing Interval (additive). Changed from 20% Decrease (multiplicative). This is not a nerf, providing a higher bonus overall than before.
- Woodcutting Skillcape now provides -15% Woodcutting Interval (Additive). Changed from 50% Decrease (Multiplicative). This is not a nerf, providing a higher bonus overall than before.
- Guardian Amulet Base Attack Speed Slow is now +10%, down from 20%.
- Enemy buffs/debuffs and Player buffs/debuffs now last for x Attack TURNS, instead of x Attacks (each hit). An Attack Turn is when an entire attack is performed. Multi-hit special attacks count as 1 Attack Turn
- Rune Preservation now affects Alt. Magic.
- Larry, the Lonely Lizard Pet now provides +15 Farming Quantity, up from +5.
- Stone Skin Prayer now provides +3% Damage Reduction, down from +5%.
- Stone Skin now costs 3 Prayer Points per enemy Attack, up from 2.
- Adjusted the wording for the Protect Prayers to be more clear.
- "Skills" wording changed to "Non-Combat" in the Sidebar/Menu.
- Darksteel Dagger "Deadly Cut" now performs and attack that deals 200 damage + Enemy Bleeds for 4% enemy max HP over 10 seconds.
- Sanguine Blade Special Attack chance is now 30%.
- Sanguine Blade Special Attack now causes the Enemy to Bleed for 400% damage dealt if Enemy is on full HP, 250% if below full HP.
- Sandstorm Ring now deals 5-15% of Player's current HP 10 times over 4 seconds.
- Almighty Lute now grants +250% GP granted from slain Monsters, instead of 5x GP.
- Malcs, the Leader of Dragons now drops 100,000- 150,000 on death, down from 150,000 - 225,000.
- Defence Skillcape now provides +40 to all Evasion Ratings, up from +10.
- Generous Resupply now contains Sharks instead of Manta Rays.
- Standard Resupply now contains 150 Crabs, down from 200 Crabs.
- Basic Resupply now contains 100 Lobsters, down from 200 Lobsters.
- Basic Slayer Gear now unlocks after 15 Normal Slayer Task Completions, down from 20.
- Slayer Gear Upgrade Kit (Strong) now unlocks after 25 Hard Slayer Task Completions, down from 30.
- Slayer Gear Upgrade Kit (Elite) now unlocks after 30 Elite Slayer Task Completions, down from 40.
- Slayer Gear Upgrade Kit (Master) now unlocks after 40 Master Slayer Task Completions, down from 50.
- Elemental Potions now provide [Potion Tier * 2] quantity of a random Elemental Rune per Runecraft, instead of only 1.
- Fisherman's Potions now provide +[3, 5, 8, 12]% chance to double Fish, instead of [3, 5, 8, 12]% reduced Junk chance.
- Melee Accuracy Potions now provide [10, 15, 20, 30]% Increased Melee Accuracy Rating, up from [5, 10, 15, 25]%.
- Melee Evasion Potions now provide [10, 15, 20, 30]% Increased Melee Evasion Rating, up from [5, 10, 15, 25]%.
- Doubled the charges for Melee Accuracy Potions & Melee Evasion Potions.
- Clicking "Select Character" from the User Dropdown menu will now send you back to Welcome Screen.
- Moved the Changelog into the new "News & Changelog" tab in the Sidebar/Menu under the Settings link.
- Offline Pet calculations updated to be more efficient.
- Fixed inaccurate Confetti Crossbow effect description.
- Logs sell price no longer has rounding issues.
- Enemies will now die from debuffs/bleed/DoT when below 1 HP.
- Master Slayer Gear will now affect Thieving drops.
- Divine Potion IV chance to not consume Prayer Points (25%) did not match the item description (35%). Correctly applies at 35% now.
- Gold Emerald Ring now gives the expected 7% bonus XP to Prayer.
- Fixed Prayer XP providing more XP than intended.
- Fixed a slight disagreement between a Skill's Mastery Percentage.
- Ancient Ring of Skills now applies its bonus to Alt. Magic.
- Offline Cooking now uses potions correctly.
- Upgrade item window now shows change in Melee Attack Bonuses correctly.
- Fish caught stat now counts correctly for Offline progress.
- Reindeer Pet no longer appears in Pet list if not obtained.
- Looting items manually now checks if your bank is full.
- Duplicate Combat Loot bug should now be squashed.
- Redemption Prayer now functions as intended.
- Hunter's Ring passives now process correctly.
- Hardcore Character death Steam achievement is now working.
- Rags to Riches II Combination Rune's Nature Rune cost is now accurate.
- Greater Dragonbreath Enemy Special Attack now deals the correct amount of damage listed in its description.
- Fixed issues with character switching during Combat.
- Chance to Hit no longer displays the wrong value.
- Earth Adept Wizard Hat now has the correct Magic Level required on crafting page.
- Auroras now get the Skull Cape effect of Rune Preservation.
- Runic Ruins Slayer Area Effect -30% Magic Evasion now applies as intended.
- You can now idle Cooking offline without purchasing the first Cooking fire.
- Added missing Slayer Milestones for new Slayer Areas.
- Aorpheat's Signet Ring no longer provides double the listed bonus to Thieving GP.
- New Bank items are now sorted correctly when using Stack GP Value options.
- Fixed some items having duplicate properties.
- Fixed broken Milestone image for Godswords in Attack.
- Ancient Wizard Set, and Water Acolyte Wizard Hat bonus now match their descriptions.
- Clue Chasers Insignia no longer lowers the chance for Rhaelyx pieces to drop.
- Farming Pet no longer increases harvest quantity more than intended.
- The Sandstorm Ring will no longer consume arrows on each hit.
- Mystic Prayers no longer have inconsistent descriptions.
- [STEAM] Rich presence - Total Level now updates dynamically.
- Offline Mastery XP for crafting Skills no longer produces more Mastery XP than intended.
- Enemy Special Attack Burning Claws now correctly attacks twice as per its description.
- Removed the Damage Reduction debuff from the Sealing Special Attack description.
- New items added to the game are now sorted correctly.
- Corrected spelling of "Drowsy Spores" special attack.
- Rune counts in the "My Rune" page now update dynamically, and correctly.
- Save timestamp shows in local time, and is no longer a massive string.
|Melvor Idle Version History (Current: v1.2)
||v0.01 v0.01.1, v0.01.2 | v0.02 | v0.03 v0.03.1, v0.03.2, v0.03.3, v0.03.4, v0.03.5, v0.03.6
||v0.04 v0.04.2, v0.04.3 | v0.05 v0.05.1 | v0.06 | v0.07 v0.07.1 | v0.08 v0.08.1, v0.08.2 | v0.09 v0.09.1, v0.09.2 | v0.10 v0.10.1, v0.10.2
||v0.11 v0.11.1, v0.11.2 | v0.12 v0.12.1, v0.12.2 | v0.13 | v0.14 v0.14.1, v0.14.2 | v0.15 v0.15.1, v0.15.2, v0.15.3, v0.15.4 | v0.16 v0.16.1, v0.16.2, v0.16.3 | v0.17 | v0.18 v0.18.1
||v0.18.2 | v0.19 v0.19.1, v0.19.2 | v0.20 | v0.21 | v0.22 v0.22.1 | v1.0 v1.0.1
||v1.0.2 v1.0.3 v1.0.4 v1.0.5 | v1.1 v1.1.1
||v1.1.2 | v1.2