|This page is up to date (v0.18.2).|
- 1 Alpha v0.18.2 - (6th January 2021)
- 2 Alpha v0.18.0 - (14th December 2020)
- 3 Alpha v0.17.0 - (14th October 2020)
- 4 Alpha v0.16.3 - (14th September 2020)
- 5 Alpha v0.16.2 - (17th August 2020)
- 6 Alpha v0.16.1 - (27th July 2020)
- 7 Alpha v0.16 - "The Art of Magic" - (22nd July 2020)
- 8 Alpha v0.15.4 (26th June 2020)
- 9 Alpha v0.15.3 (17th June 2020)
- 10 Alpha v0.15.2 -"Case of Fortune." (4th June 2020)
- 11 Alpha v0.15.1 (20th May 2020)
- 12 Alpha v0.15 - "Return of the Gods" (16th May 2020)
- 13 Alpha v0.14.2 (10th April, 2020)
- 14 Alpha v0.14.1 (3rd April 2020)
- 15 Alpha v0.14 - Fishy Business (31st March 2020)
- 16 Alpha v0.13 - A Helping Hand (7th March 2020)
- 17 Alpha v0.12.2 (17th February 2020)
- 18 Alpha v0.12.1 (16th February 2020)
- 19 Alpha v0.12 - A Potion's Aid (12th February 2020)
- 20 Alpha v0.11.2 (17th January 2020)
- 21 Alpha v0.11.1 (14th January 2020)
- 22 Alpha v0.11 - Slayer of Hop (17th January 2020)
- 23 Alpha v0.10.2 (12th December 2019)
- 24 Alpha v0.10.1 (9th December 2019)
- 25 Alpha v0.10 - Welcome to Melvor (5th December 2019)
- 26 Alpha v0.09.2 (13th November 2019)
- 27 Alpha v0.09.1 (12th November 2019)
- 28 Alpha v0.09 (11th November 2019)
- 29 Alpa v0.08.2 (31st October 2019)
- 30 Alpha v0.08.1 (30th October 2019)
- 31 Alpha v0.08 (29th October 2019)
- 32 Alpha v0.07.1 (10th October 2019)
- 33 Alpha v0.07 (9th October 2019)
- 34 Alpha v0.06 (28th September 2019)
- 35 Alpha v0.05.1 (23rd September 2019)
- 36 Alpha v0.05 (21st September 2019)
- 37 Alpha v0.04.3 (16th September 2019)
- 38 Alpha v0.04.2 (15th September 2019)
- 39 Alpha v0.04 (11th September 2019)
Alpha v0.18.2 - (6th January 2021)
- [NEW] The Welcome Screen has had a slight update. Character slots will now display what you were training offline, and also tell you which save is the most recent (If logged into the Cloud).
- [NEW] Selecting a Local Save while connected to the Cloud will now prompt you to confirm, due to the nature of it overwriting your Cloud Save once you load the game.
- [CHANGE] Removed the Damage Reduction from the Frienship Bracelet. I hope you enjoyed using it while it lasted. Just remember Event Items this OP won't always last forever.
- [CHANGE] The Candy Cane now has a much, much higher chance to kill you instead of the enemy. I don't recommend using it.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue that caused Woodcutting Mastery to not apply correctly to the 2nd tree you were cutting.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue that caused item quantities to go negative within your bank.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue where Area Effect was not applying at all for Dark Waters Slayer Area
- [FIXED] Clicking the Melvor Logo in the sidebar will no longer refresh the page.
- [FIXED] Fixed Spelling Error for Otto Pet location in Pet Log
- [FIXED] Fixed Fishing Mastery providing incorrect chance to double fish.
- [FIXED] Hardcore Characters now correctly delete when dying to Thieving while logged into the Cloud.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue that caused Pets to be rarer than usual while training offline (Lol sorry about this one)
- [FIXED] Fixed issue that caused the Christmas Pet to count towards Completion.
Alpha v0.18.0 - (14th December 2020)
- [NEW] New Slayer Mechanics have been Introduced.
- [NEW] 5 Tiers of Slayer Tasks have been added.
- [NEW] You can now Extend your Slayer Tasks once at a cost of Slayer Coins.
- [NEW] Auto Slayer has been added to the Slayer Shop to unlock a toggle option for fighting new Slayer Task Enemies automatically.
- [NEW] Slayer Combat Area - Runic Ruins - 5 Enemies - Level 45 Slayer Required
- [NEW] Slayer Combat Area - Arid Plains - 6 Enemies - Level 50 Slayer Required & Desert Hat Equipped (New Shop Item)
- [NEW] Slayer Combat Area - Shrouded Badlands - 4 Enemies - Level 80 Slayer Required & Blazing Lantern Equipped (New Shop Item)
- [NEW] Slayer Combat Area - Perilous Peaks - 3 Enemies - Level 85 Slayer Required & Climbing Boots Equipped (New Shop Item)
- [NEW] Slayer Combat Area - Dark Waters - 3 Enemies - Level 90 Slayer Required & Into the Mist Cleared (New Dungeon detailed below)
- [NEW] Slayer Areas can now have passive Area Effects that affects Player stats. Be sure to read what they do in the Area Selection.
- [NEW] Dungeon - Miolite Caves (Hard)
- [NEW] Dungeon - Infernal Stronghold (Elite) - Defeat Volcanic Cave 100 times to access.
- [NEW] Dungeon - Into the Mist (Insane) - Defeat Ragnar in the Fire God Dungeon to access.
- [NEW] Combat Passive Slot has been added. Unlocked by defeating Into the Mist Dungeon.
- [NEW] Part 2 of the Storyline has been added.
- [NEW] Part 1 of the Storyline that was released back in May 2020 has been added in-game.
- [NEW] 46 New Monsters have been added, ranging from mid-game Monsters to extremely tough ones. They can be found in various locations and Dungeons.
- [NEW] A Hidden Easter Egg Monster is also roaming around, somewhere.
- [NEW] Monsters can now have Passives alongside Special Attacks. These are detailed in the Enemy's Special Attack information Combat Panel.
- [NEW] Item - Desert Hat - Grants Access to Arid Plains
- [NEW] Item - Blazing Lantern - Grants Access to Shrouded Badlands
- [NEW] Item - Climbing Boots - Grants Access to Perilous Peaks
- [NEW] Items - Miolite Gear - Hybrid Melee / Magic Gear
- [NEW] Item - Miolite Sceptre - Melee Weapon that grants access to Curses and Auroras.
- [NEW] Item - Thief Gloves - Grants +150 GP upon killing an Enemy in Combat, or successfully pickpocketing an NPC in Thieving. +5% Thieving Success Rate.
- [NEW] Item - Shaman Ring - +3% Magic Damage Bonus, +6 HP Regen.
- [NEW] Item - Book of Occults - Reduces the Body Rune cost of Magic Spells by 1 when equipped as an Off-hand.
- [NEW] Item - Elementalist Gloves - Provides basic Magic Stats
- [NEW] Item - Sand Treaders - Attack Speed interval reduced by 0.1s
- [NEW] Item - Desert Wrappings - Provides basic Combat Stats & 2% Damage Reduction
- [NEW] Item - Desert Sabre - Melee Weapon with Special Attack
- [NEW] Item - Desert Shortbow - Ranged Weapon with Special Attack
- [NEW] Item - Sandstorm Ring - Ring with Special Attack (Yep, that's right)
- [NEW] Item - Darksteel Dagger - Melee Weapon with Special Attack
- [NEW] Item - Elder Crown - Attack Speed interval reduced by 0.1s. +10% lifesteal for Attacks. 100% Lifesteal for Bleed Dmg.
- [NEW] Item - Tormented Ring - Increased Accuracy Ratings for all Attack Styles. Decreased Evasion Rating for all Attack Styles.
- [NEW] Item - Sanguine Blade - Melee Weapon with Special Attack
- [NEW] Item - Recoil Shield - Reflects up to 20% of damage dealt to you (Reflect dmg cannot activate more than once every 2 seconds. Reflect dmg cannot kill an enemy nor provide XP).
- [NEW] Item - Wasteful Ring - Auto Eat threshold increased by +5%. Food Efficiency reduced by -25%.
- [NEW] Item - Infernal Claw - Melee Weapon with Special Attack
- [NEW] Item - Tidal Edge (and Item Fragments) - Level 90 1H Melee Weapon with Special Attack
- [NEW] Item - Ocean Song (and Item Fragments) - Level 90 Magic Wand with Special Attack
- [NEW] Item - Shockwave (and Item Fragments) - Level 90 Ranged Crossbow with Special Attack
- [NEW] Item - Jadestone Bolts - Better than Diamond Bolts
- [NEW] Item - Paladin Gloves - 4% Damage Reduction
- [NEW] Item - Priest Hat - Reduces cost of Prayers by 1.
- [NEW] Item - Almighty Lute - It's nice.
- [NEW] Item - Master tier Slayer Gear - +3% chance to receive double loot from slain monsters or Thieving. 40% Area Effect Negation.
- [NEW] Item - Green Party Hat - Nice.
- [NEW] Item - Hunters Ring - +10% Slayer XP. +10% Extra Slayer Coins from Slayer Tasks. Flat -10% Slayer Area Effect negation.
- [NEW] Item - Future's Prophecy (Storyline Part 1 Book) - Does not count towards item completion.
- [NEW] Item - Unknown Evil (Storyline Part 2 Book) - Does not count towards item completion.
- [NEW] Pet - Peri - +5% Evasion Ratings
- [NEW] Pet - Otto - 0.1s Attack Speed Reduction
- [NEW] Mastery Pool spending buttons are now colour coded.
- [NEW] Attempting to spend Mastery Pool XP that will result in a lost Mastery Pool Checkpoint will now ask you to confirm. This confirmation can be disabled in Settings.
- [NEW] Web/Steam users can now double click an item in the bank to quickly equip it to your current Equipment Set. This only works if you have the "Equip Item - Use Current Equipment Set as Default" setting within the Bank Screen active.
- [NEW] Slayer Shop Item - Auto Slayer - 150K SC - Unlocks the Toggle Option to automatically fight your new Slayer Task (Please be aware that the game will automatically generate a new task for free when completing a Slayer Task).
- [NEW] Slayer Shop Item - Basic Resupply - 5K SC - +200 Mithril Arrows, +200 Topaz Bolts, +200 Light Runes, +200 Lobsters, +200 Magic Bones
- [NEW] Slayer Shop Item - Standard Resupply - 10K SC - +200 Adamant Arrows, +200 Sapphire Bolts, +500 Light Runes, +200 Crab, +500 Magic Bones
- [NEW] Slayer Shop Item - Generous Resupply - 20K SC - +200 Rune Arrows, +200 Ruby Bolts, +1000 Light Runes, +200 Manta Ray, +1000 Magic Bones
- [NEW] Slayer Shop Item - Desert Hat - 25K SC - Grants Access to Arid Plains
- [NEW] Slayer Shop Item - Blazing Lantern - 250K SC - Grants Access to Shrouded Badlands
- [NEW] Slayer Shop Item - Climbing Boots - 500K SC - Grants Access to Perilous Peaks
- [NEW] Slayer Shop Item - Green Party Hat - 10M SC - lol
- [NEW] Slayer Shop Item - Master Slayer Gear - Each piece has +3% chance to receive double loot from slain monsters or Thieving & 40% Area Effect Negation.
- [NEW] All Javelins & Throwing Knives now provide +15% Ammo Preservation.
- [NEW] Ranger Hat & Boots now provide +5% Ammo Preservation each.
- [NEW] Amulet of Defence now has 2% Damage Reduction.
- [NEW] Items that you find for the first time will be highlighted in green within your Bank to highlight new finds better to the Player. This highlight is removed by simply selecting the item in your bank.
- [NEW] Deleting your character will now also delete both the Local & Cloud Save.
- [NEW] You can now buy multiple charges of gloves at once! This quantity is shared with the materials quantity.
- [NEW] Shop items will now display the quantity of Gloves/Charges/Items you are buying
- [NEW] Auto-eat Tooltip in Combat will now display the HP value where Auto-eat will activate.
- [NEW] Added extra information to the Spellbook which should clear up some confusions about what each type of spell does (Standard, Curses, Auroras, Ancients)
- [NEW] Added an Early Access notice to the game.
- [NEW] Clicking inside the Export Save textbox will now auto-select all of the text.
- [CHANGE] Offline Progress has been revamped, basically eliminating the wait times when loading into the game.
- [CHANGE] Mastery XP formula for skills that require the use of resources to progress now determines experience based on a pre-defined interval that cannot be adjusted. This means interval upgrades to these skills increases the Master XP / hour rates, and also benefits you in terms of less resources used to max Mastery. However, the downside to this is MXP / hour is much less prior to interval upgrades.
- [CHANGE] Updated the Enemy Combat screen a bit, making Enemy images fit nicer, as well as moving Enemy stats into the Panel. This also shows the current Area you are in and the Area Effect.
- [CHANGE] Slayer Skillcape has new benefits - Bypasses Slayer Item Requirements from Slayer Areas. 60% Area Effect Negation. +5% Damage Dealt to Enemies on Slayer Task.
- [CHANGE] The game will now automatically locate a new Slayer Task upon Task completion for free.
- [CHANGE] Slayer Gear purchased in the Slayer Shop now has added requirements before being able to buy.
- [CHANGE] Slayer gear progression has changed. You are now required to purchase Upgrade Kits from the shop to upgrade Basic Slayer gear into higher tiers. The cost for the upgrade kits, in order is [50K, 200K, 1M] Slayer Coins. Yes, this means to acquire Master Tier gear it will cost you 1.26M Slayer Coins in total.
- [CHANGE] Guardian Amulet has a new Passive: +5% Damage Reduction, but 20% Increased Attack Speed Interval. Both are doubled if you are below 50% HP.
- [CHANGE] Curses now activate 100% of the time, up from 30%.
- [CHANGE] Reduced Curse Effect values slightly for most Curses.
- [CHANGE] Increased Stab and Block bonuses for all Daggers.
- [CHANGE] Increased Stab bonuses for all Swords.
- [CHANGE] Increased Slash and Block bonuses for all Two-Handed Weapons from Bronze to Ancient by quite a lot.
- [CHANGE] Doubled the Magic Damage Bonus for all Glacia God Armour Pieces.
- [CHANGE] Increased Ancient Claw Special Attack Chance to 15%, up from 5%.
- [CHANGE] Increased Dragon & Ancient Claw Fragment Drop Rate by 50%.
- [CHANGE] Increased Glacia Godsword Special Attack Chance to 35%, up from 25%.
- [CHANGE] Increased Confetti Crossbow cap to 250% Damage Dealt, up from 200%.
- [CHANGE] Icicle Volley now does 170 damage per hit, down from 180.
- [CHANGE] Ignite now does 680 damage, down from 800
- [CHANGE] Frostbite now has a 30% Chance to Freeze, down from 40%
- [CHANGE] Quake now deals 540 damage per hit, down from 630.
- [CHANGE] Gust now deals 200 damage per hit, up from 190.
- [CHANGE] Slicing Winds now deals 175 damage per hit, down from 185.
- [CHANGE] Incinerate now does 63 damage per hit, down from 69.
- [CHANGE] Incinerate now costs 30 Fire, 10 Ancient, 10 Havoc, up from [25,8,8]
- [CHANGE] Base Prayer XP earned in Combat has been reduced by 50%.
- [CHANGE] You no longer have a chance to receive a Mastery Token, Signet Ring Half (a) or an item relating to the Crown of Rhaelyx when burning Fish in Cooking.
- [CHANGE] Slightly Updated the Area Selection UI to make the difficulty more distinct and easy to read.
- [CHANGE] Updated text in the Thieving screen mentioning how Success Rate mechanics work.
- [CHANGE] DARK MODE is now slightly darker.
- [CHANGE] "Show Confirmation on Close" Setting will now only display on the Web Version of the game.
- [CHANGE] The Monster Stats and Item Stats array behind the scenes has been revamped in an effort to reduce save file size.
- [FIXED] Offline Thieving now correctly applies "Stun" timer.
- [FIXED] Total Mastery now updates without requiring a page refresh.
- [FIXED] Fixed incorrect timestamp that displayed upon loading into the game.
- [FIXED] The page will no longer move the screen when finding a new enemy if your screen/window width is more than 991px wide.
- [FIXED] Damage dealt notification should now display all damage done.
- [FIXED] Alt Magic should now remember the selected item when activating Offline Progression.
- [FIXED] Offline Fishing doubling items when it shouldn't be.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue where a Player could still attack if Asleep or Stunned.
- [FIXED] Ty now correctly rolls for Offline Progression.
- [FIXED] Clue Chasers Insignia actually made items more rare for Offline Progression.
- [FIXED] Fixed Runecrafting 95% Mastery Bonus that wasn't working Offline.
- [FIXED] Fixed Firemkaing 50% Mastery Bonus that wasn't working Offline.
- [FIXED] Importing a save from an old version of the game will now correctly reset all new save variables.
- [FIXED] Corrected item upgrades that result in less Melee Defence Bonus than their lesser version.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue where new Milestones unlocked from levelling up a Skill would not display if your level up notification Setting was set to "Large".
- [FIXED] Corrected Mithril Battleaxe quantity that drops from Standard Chest.
- [FIXED] Black Equipment is now correctly displayed in the Milestones.
- [FIXED] Switching characters from within the game will now disable the other Characters from being selected during the loading interval.
- [FIXED] Total GP Acquired stats now correctly counts Alch GP, Thieving and Firemaking with Mastery Pool Bonus.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue that allowed Offline Progress for Mining to activate more than once when loading into the game with a depleted ore.
- [FIXED] Fixed dispaly issue where leveling up a Mastery using your pool within Cooking or Firemaking caused the selected item's progress to adjust according to what you just leveled up (Did that make sense? lol)
- [FIXED] Fixed blank difficulty setting for Desolate Plains Slayer Area.
- [FIXED] "You do not have enough Runes" notification will now let you know if you if its talking about Standard Runes or Combination Runes.
- [FIXED] Total Bank Value now correctly includes increased sale value of Logs if you have achieved the Woodcutting Mastery Pool Bonus for it.
- [FIXED] Bulk Sell Item Mode now correctly includes the same as above.
- [FIXED] Player Hitpoints & Attack Speed bars should now correctly adjust according to screen size/width.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue where selecting the All but 1 option within the bank sale, and then proceeding to adjust the quantity using the textbox would not actually update the sale quantity.
- [FIXED] Fixed Offline Progression duplication issue.
- [FIXED] Fixed Regeneration Potion not applying bonuses correctly.
- [FIXED] Firemaking Stat for total logs burnt now correctly tracks Offline.
- [FIXED] Damage dealt to Monsters should now correctly track all damage, including Bleed.
- [FIXED] Some spelling errors have been fixed.
- [REMOVED] Auto Slayer option in Settings (As it defaults to enabled now).
- [REMOVED] "Show Enemy Skill Levels" setting.
Alpha v0.17.0 - (14th October 2020)
- [NEW] The Mastery System has been completely reworked.
- [NEW] During the Mastery Conversion process, you will be granted 1 extra level for every Mastery.
- [NEW] The Bank has been completely reworked.
- [NEW] The game's UI has been updated. This brings along new fonts, colour schemes, UI styles and performance improvements.
- [NEW] Implemented an in-game tutorial / game-guide. This can be accessed by clicking the Header Image of the page/skill you are currently on.
- [NEW] The "Mastery Pool" and respective bonuses have been added to the game.
- [NEW] All items now have Level 99 bonuses.
- [NEW] Firemaking now has Mastery Bonuses that provides increased burn interval, as well as Global Mastery XP modifiers.
- [NEW] New Item - Ancient Ring of Mastery - +7% Global Mastery XP. Obtained as a Special Item in Fishing
- [NEW] New Item - Completion Skillcape - Inherits all Skillcape Benefits. All Mastery Pool bonuses are active. +5% Damage Reduction.
- [NEW] New Pet - Ty (The Tasmanian Devil) - +3% Global Mastery XP. Obtained by performing any action the provides Mastery XP.
- [NEW] The game now synchronizes to the Cloud every 10 seconds.
- [NEW] Bank Tabs have been added. Everyone gets 10 Tabs for free.
- [NEW] The Bank now has a "Sell Mode".
- [NEW] An option to set the default Tab an item is added to has been added.
- [NEW] Added extra Sorting Options for the Bank. This includes sorting based on GP Values.
- [NEW] You can now "Claim X" Mastery Tokens.
- [NEW] You can now "Open X" for all chests.
- [NEW] You can now "Bury X" for types of Bones.
- [NEW] You can now see your Item Stats within the Bank Screen.
- [NEW] You can now see the total sale amount of an Item in the Bank Screen based on the Sale Quantity you have selected.
- [NEW] You can now select which Equipment Set you want Arrows/Ammo to be equipped to.
- [NEW] You can now select the exact quantity of Arrows you want to equip.
- [NEW] When equipping an item, it will now tell you what item/s will be unequipped.
- [NEW] The game will now tell you if a Weapon is 1 or 2 handed (Under the item image).
- [NEW] When searching for an item in the Bank, the Bank tab will light up to show you where it is.
- [NEW] You can now pet your Pets from either the Pet log or the Skilling Minibar.
- [NEW] Items that do not count towards completion can now be added to your bank by clicking on them in the Item Log. You can only do this for the items you actually obtained when they were available.
- [NEW] Mining now displays locked ores (Just like Woodcutting).
- [NEW] You can now upgrade 1,000 Rune Essence into a Basic Magic Wand
- [NEW] You can now see your Cloud Username from the User Dropdown Menu
- [NEW] There is new Artwork for the Godswords, Cloudburst Staff, and Earth Layered Shield. Huge thanks to Briendahl for providing these.
- [NEW] There is new Artwork for the Ancient Javelins. Huge thanks to Eli for providing this.
- [NEW] Golbin Raid - Golbin Raid Bosses have been added. The final Golbin at the end of every 10 waves is very powerful, so watch out for those Max Hits!
- [NEW] Golbin Raid - The Golbins now have randomised names and traits! They are named after all Past, Present and Future Elite Supporters from Patreon.
- [CHANGE] Changed how double item chance mechanics work. Items, potions, pets and other bonuses that provide a +% chance of receiving double items is now an additive bonus. For example, if you had two items that had 5% chance to double, this would previously roll separately and provide the chance to gain x4 items. Now the percentages are added and you will get a set 10% chance. This only affects items with a % chance. Items that specifically mention they double items will still proc individually.
- [CHANGE] The Mastery XP formula has been changed to be the same as the Skill XP formula.
- [CHANGE] The Mastery Bonuses for Runecrafting has been changed, removing the XP bonus from per item Masteries (This has moved to the Mastery Pool). The quantity multiplier for Runes has also been adjusted.
- [CHANGE] The Magic Skillcape has been changed. The benefit is now: "Doubles the Rune cost reduction of equipped items".
- [CHANGE] The Thieving Skillcape has been changed. The benefit is now: "Reduce Thieving Interval by 0.5 seconds".
- [CHANGE] Herblore Tier unlocks changed to Mastery Levels [1,20,50,90], up from [1,15,40,65]
- [CHANGE] Farming Mastery Bonuses have changed. The Amount of Seeds you can get back has changed to [1,2,4,5,6,8] at Masterty Levels [16,31,46,61,76,91,99]
- [CHANGE] The time to grow for Allotments and Herbs have been increased by a multiple of 3.
- [CHANGE] The base harvest quantity for Allotments and Herbs has also been increased by a multiple of 3.
- [CHANGE] The time to grow for Trees has been doubled.
- [CHANGE] The Farming experience provided by Trees has been multiplied by 2.5x.
- [CHANGE] The base harvest quantity for Trees has been increased by a multiple of 7x.
- [CHANGE] The Gold Emerald Ring no longer works with Alt. Magic.
- [CHANGE] The Ancient Ring of Skills now works with Alt. Magic.
- [CHANGE] The Slayer Pet chance now rolls per attack for enemies that are your current slayer task, instead of on kill only.
- [CHANGE] Cooking Fire bonus % XP has changed to [5,10,15,20,25,30,40,50,70] from [0,5,10,15,20,25,35,50,75].
- [CHANGE] Increased Clue Chaser's Insignia bonus to 10%, up from 5%.
- [CHANGE] The base Runecrafting XP provided by all Runes has been doubled.
- [CHANGE] Lemon, Lemons, Lemonade no longer count towards Item Completion.
- [CHANGE] The "Buy X" button in the Shop is now more prominent.
- [CHANGE] Doubled the amount of Eyeballs that drop from all Eye Monsters.
- [CHANGE] "Melee" Combat Attack Style is now depicted by a Sword Icon, instead of the Combat Icon.
- [CHANGE] Crafting Skillcape now reduces the Crafting Interval by 0.5s, instead of a flat 50% reduction.
- [CHANGE] Crafting Pet now decreases the Crafting Interval by 0.2s, down from 0.3s
- [CHANGE] Updated the visual look of items sitting within the Loot Container in Combat.
- [CHANGE] Golbin Raid - Increased scaling for Golbin Raid Coins to [Wave * Monster Count * FLOOR(Wave / 15 + 1)], up from [Wave * Monster Count].
- [CHANGE] Golbin Raid - Reduced Golbin HP scaling to [HP = Wave * 1.2 + 1], down from [HP = Wave * 2 + 1].
- [CHANGE] Golbin Raid - Increased Stat Bonus scaling for the Golbins to [Wave / 4.2], up from [Wave / 3.3].
- [CHANGE] Golbin Raid - The minimum quantity of Food you can get is now equal to the Wave you are up to.
- [CHANGE] Golbin Raid - Reduced enemy respawn time by 50%
- [FIXED] Combination Runes now work correctly offline for Alt. Magic.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue causing the Upgrade Item screen to display the incorrect stats of the Item.
- [FIXED] Fixed issues that caused Mining rocks to be depleted permantently.
- [FIXED] Fixed issues with Combat Progress bars sometimes getting stuck on rare occasions.
- [FIXED] Frostbite now correctly applies Extra Damage Multiplier
- [FIXED] Fixed issue where Thieving Mastery Levels displayed as Level 70.
- [FIXED] Fixed Monster image allignment issues for Mobile.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue where Fishing Pet rolls twice per action offline.
- [FIXED] Fixed item duplication issue with loot when clicking rapidly in the Loot container.
- [FIXED] Cooking and Firemaking now displays a notification when resources are preserved.
- [FIXED] Corrected the Stormsnap sale price to 1,500,000, up from 150,000
- [FIXED] Fixed all potential issues with the Clue Chasers Insignia.
- [FIXED] Clue Chaser's Insignia now helps with getting the Crown of Rhaelyx pieces.
- [FIXED] Slayer's Crossbow no longer provides the bonus to enemies in dungeons
- [FIXED] Herblore Potion Selection Tooltips no longer display unless you have the required Herblore Level to make the Potion.
- [FIXED] When changing pages, it will now jump to the top of the page.
- [FIXED] Fixed incorrectly sized bank borders for some items.
- [FIXED] Fixed some word formatting.
- [REMOVED] Base Prayer XP has been removed. You are now required to use Prayers to gain Prayer XP.
- [REMOVED] You are no longer required to manually light a Cooking Fire. This is now a permanent feature for new Players.
- [REMOVED] Removed all unnessecary console logs.
- [REMOVED] Removed empty Tooltip from Fletching.
Alpha v0.16.3 - (14th September 2020)
- [NEW] Melvor Idle's 1st Birthday Event is now Live!
- [NEW] Every Monster in game is celebrating with us! Check out their new attire.
- [NEW] Alt. Magic can now be progressed Offline!
- [NEW] A brand new Welcome Screen has been added to the game!
- [NEW] The Crown of Rhaelyx now works correctly for all Skills Offline.
- [NEW] You can now "Upgrade" your Charge Stones of Rhaelyx back into Mysterious Stones.
- [NEW] I have created a Custom Sort Order for the Bank. Clicking the "Quick Sort Bank" button will now sort items in a much better way. Please provide feedback on the way items are sorted, but hopefully it is really easy to now figure out where an item lies (The item log is not sorted yet).
- [NEW] Added Amulet of Fishing and Barbarian Gloves to the Fishing Skilling Minibar. These will only show if you have found the item.
- [NEW] The Cloudburst Staff now also reduces the Water Rune cost of Magic Spells by 7.
- [CHANGE] If you roll for a Signet Half without wearing the Gold Topaz Ring, the game will now give you a Gold Topaz Ring (Instead of a Lemon).
- [CHANGE] The description for the Gold Topaz Ring now also reads: "Maybe you should keep this item equipped for something else."
- [CHANGE] All basic armour has updated artwork to remove the boarders! Special thanks to Breindahl for supplying the Artwork
- [CHANGE] Vambraces have a new look! Special thanks to Sentry for supplying the Artwork
- [CHANGE] Leonardo, the Defence Pet, has a slightly updated look. Special thanks to Breindahl for supplying the Artwork.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where there was a chance one of your Characters would be overwritten when changing Characters.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where Offline Progress for Cooking would fail, and the "Loading Offline Progress" popup would not go away forcing a refresh. This caused cooked fish to vanish but you still receive the Cooking XP for it.
- [FIXED] Changing / Selecting a Character will not fire the refresh instantly, instead of after 1 second.
- [FIXED] Quantities for selected crafts should now update dynamically without needing to select the item again.
- [FIXED] Aorphet's Signet Ring now correctly applies to the Confetti Crossbow.
- [FIXED] Combat Triangle icon now displays on Mobile within the Combat Stats menu.
- [FIXED] Fixed a rare issue where offline progress would not clear when switching to Combat, causing you to receive offline progress for your last trained skill when in Combat.
Alpha v0.16.2 - (17th August 2020)
- [NEW] Added the first Minigame to Melvor Idle - Golbin Raid. You can find the link to this, with all required details under the Skills section in the sidebar.
- [NEW] Added a new Monster to the Farmlands - Plant - This level 1 Monster has a 75% chance to drop a Potato.
- [NEW] Updated UI for viewing Item Stats, Upgrading Items and for viewing all item stats. For mobile players, if you want to see what your item stats are without unequipping them, select the "View Equipment Stats" in Combat so you can individually tap the items. I will implement a permanent solution in the near future.
- [NEW] The Attack Speed bar will now animate during the use of a Special Attack.
- [CHANGE] Icicle Volley now does 180 damage over 5 procs, down from 205 damage and 6 procs
- [CHANGE] Frostbite chance to freeze is now 40%, up from 15%
- [CHANGE] New Frostbite bonus - If Enemy is Stunned/Frozen, deal 1.3x damage.
- [CHANGE] Gust damage reduce to 190, down from 195.
- [CHANGE] Incinerate now procs 14 times, up from 13.
- [CHANGE] Glacia Godsword Special Attack "Ice Prison" chance to proc is now 25%, up from 10%
- [CHANGE] Changed Woodcutting Pet passive to "+5% chance to double logs received from Woodcutting".
- [CHANGE] Added some text on the offline progression screen to advise the Player that 12 hours is the current capped time limit. This will only display if they reach over 12 hours offline.
- [CHANGE] Updating wording for Auto Eat to be more clear.
- [CHANGE] Slightly altered the drop table for the Magic Chest. This should increase the chance to get Ancient Wizard Gear.
- [CHANGE] The experimental setting will now be enabled by default on mobile devices.
- [FIXED] The "My Runes" menu in Combat will again show what Runes are currently being used.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue that caused Theiving Offline Progression to not work if the App/Tab was put into the background with 90 to 94% success rate.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue where special attacks for weapons that cannot miss were actually missing
- [FIXED] Fixed issue where it wasn't actually possible to get the Farming Pet.
- [FIXED] Fixed Ranged Strength and Magic Damage Potion upgrade issue.
- [FIXED] Fixed incorrect level requirement milestone displayed for Fire Strike
- [FIXED] Fixed offline progression issue that would allow Mining to progress faster than intended.
- [FIXED] Fixed bug that allowed any item to be used in Rags to Riches.
- [FIXED] Offline XP gained now displays the correct amount of XP provided.
- [FIXED] Corrected Iron Throwing Knife Smithing XP to be 20 XP per action.
- [FIXED] Adjusted the wording for "Razor-Sharp Claws" special attack for Malcs, the Guardian of Melvor to match the actual ingame mechanics (Attack is avoidable).
- [FIXED] Player's chance to hit should now update when using the Ancient Crossbow Special Attack.
- [FIXED] Updated the description for Gust, adding the missing "10% chance to stun enemy" detail.
- [FIXED] Updated some functions relating to the bank to hopefully stop possible instances of items going missing, or being used when they were not supposed to be.
- [FIXED] Fixed incorrect / inconsistent calculations relating to damage to Enemy.
- [FIXED] Fixed Crown of Rhaelyx not providing base preservation chance to Herblore.
- [FIXED] Most external libraries that the game uses are now hosted locally. This should eliminate the recent issues of the game failing to load due to these libraries not being able to be accessed.
Alpha v0.16.1 - (27th July 2020)
- [NEW] You can now equip Skilling Gloves and Bob's Rake from the new Skilling Minibar. These will only show after you have purchased at least 1 from the Shop.
- [CHANGE] Superheat Magic Spells now require Earth Runes instead of Water Runes. This also means the Combination Rune required is the Lava Rune instead of the Steam Rune. The Spell now makes sense thematically (Can't make bars with Steam, ya'know).
- [CHANGE] Blessed Offering now requires 2 Nature Runes, up from 1.
- [CHANGE] The Fighter Amulet bonus is now a Melee only bonus. The description has been updated to reflect this.
- [CHANGE] The Fighter Amulet now procs at 70%, down from 75%
- [CHANGE] Slicing Winds, Gust, and Incinerate now require at least 20K Accuracy Rating to guarantee the hit.
- [CHANGE] Updated the Minimum Hit calcuation for damage. It is no longer incredibly OP.
- [CHANGE] Runecrafting Double Item Mastery benefit now only applies to Runes. Mastery description has been updated to accomodate this.
- [FIXED] All Skilling Pet Bonuses now work Offline.
- [FIXED] Fixed background image not loading correctly for Mobile versions of the game
- [FIXED] Woodcutting Mastery Benefits now correctly apply Offline.
- [FIXED] Aorpheats Signet Ring bonus now correctly applies to Woodcutting and Thieving Offline.
- [FIXED] Smithing Skillcape now correctly applies bonus both Online and Offline.
- [FIXED] Fixed minor issues with the Shop.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue where Hardcore was limited to 75 Bank Slots, instead of the intended 80 Bank Slots.
- [FIXED] Most Potion Upgrades have been fixed. Some are still not working, this is being looked into.
- [FIXED] Tooltips for Equipment Sets no longer stack on top of each other. They now correctly display as intended.
- [FIXED] Fixed incorrect Milestones.
- [FIXED] Combat Triangle indicator in Combat now updates correctly when changing gear.
- [FIXED] Slayer Pet no longer makes Slayer Shop items 20% more expensive.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue where casting a Magic Spell with an Aurora could break the game.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue where the incorrect Pet was being obtained for the Skill when training Offline.
- [FIXED] Fixed incorrect calculation for Thieving Pet bonus.
- [FIXED] Fixed Prayer Pet causing issues when interacting with Prayer Potions
- [FIXED] Fixed issue where Divine Potion was not applying the bonus as it was intended.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue where Book of Eli was not applying the Light Rune bonus correctly.
- [FIXED] Magic Skillcape now works correctly for Auroras.
- [FIXED] Fixed incorrect Tutorial Tip for acquiring a Magic Staff
- [FIXED] Fixed Cooking Pet applying the incorrect bonus.
- [FIXED] Prayer Points will now apply correctly when burying Bones.
- [FIXED] Fixed incorrect icons displayed in Upgrade Item screen.
- [FIXED] Fixed broken Crown of Rhaelyx when using with Smithing.
- [FIXED] Fixed incorrect descriptions and formatting for Alt Magic Spells.
- [FIXED] Updated the description of the Skull Cape to be more clear as to where the bonus is applied.
- [FIXED] Gold Emerald Ring now works for Alt Magic.
- [FIXED] Updated Item description for Gold Emerald Ring and Ancient Ring of Skills.
- [FIXED] Spelling Errors.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue where hovering over the Attack Type tooltip for the Enemy would crash the game in rare instances.
- [FIXED] Firemaking Skillcape and Max Skillcape Coal Benefit now work offline for Firemaking.
- [FIXED] Fixed Runecrafting giving unintended preservation chance.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where equipping a Ranged Weapon into one of your inactive Equipment Sets that had a Throwing Knife or Javelin equipped would cause the Ammo in your current slot to disappear.
- [FIXED] Golden Golbin now correctly applies the passive loot bonus.
- [FIXED] You can no longer equip the base pieces of the Crown of Rhaelyx.
- [FIXED] Crown of Rhaelyx now correctly uses 1 charge instead of the entire stack.
Alpha v0.16 - "The Art of Magic" - (22nd July 2020)
- [NEW] 14 Magic Curses have been added. These act as Debuffs and can be used on top of standard Magic Spells.
- [NEW] 12 Magic Auroras have been added. These act as Buffs to the Player and can be activated alongside Magic Spells
- [NEW] Ancient Magicks have been added. These are 7 very powerful Magic Spells that can be used in Combat.
- [NEW] 12 Alt Magic (non-Combat) Spells have been added. These provide an alternate route to train Magic with some unique benefits.
- [NEW] Air / Water / Earth / Fire Acolyte Magic Gear have been added. These are created in Runecrafting and provide +5 Minimum Damage to the respective Magic Spell Type.
- [NEW] Air / Water / Earth / Fire Adept Magic Gear have been added. These are created in Runecrafting and provide +15 Minimum Damage to the respective Magic Spell Type.
- [NEW] Air / Water / Earth / Fire Expert Magic Gear have been added. These are created in Runecrafting and provide +20 Minimum Damage to the respective Magic Spell Type.
- [NEW] Air / Water / Earth / Fire Imbued Wands have been added. These are created in Runecrafting and provide increased damage.
- [NEW] 10 new Runes have been added, including Combination Runes which act as both Runes used to create it. These are created in Runecrafting.
- [NEW] Pets have been added! There are 20 cute little critters to find out there. They provide small passive bonuses and count towards Completion.
- [NEW] Hardcore Mode has been added. This is a *[NEW]gamemode selected upon Character Creation that provides an extra challenge to how the game plays.
- [NEW] Character Selection has been added and supports up to 3 Characters currently.
- [NEW] Damage Multipliers and Damage Reduction adjustments have been added to Combat. These are determined by your Combat Type and the Enemy's Combat Type.
- [NEW] Manually Eating now resets your Attack.
- [NEW] It is now possible to increase your Maximum Hitpoints via Equipment.
- [NEW] A Skilling Minibar has been added. This menu provides a shortcut to information about the Skills. You can also equip your Skillcape directly from this menu. This can be disabled in Settings or hidden away by clicking the Melvor Idle Logo.
- [NEW] You are now able to Upgrade Potions to the next tier via the Bank. Upgrades cost 3 x Potions and require the correct Mastery Level to upgrade. If you cannot make them in Herblore yet, you cannot Upgrade the Potion.
- [NEW] New Shop Item - Red Party Hat - Provides exclusive bragging rights because you're so cool that you have a Party Hat. Brag about it so other Players can aspire to be as cool as you.
- [NEW] New Patreon Item - Dragonfire Shield (Michael7050) - An Upgrade for the (G) Ancient Shield that provides +10 Maximum HP.
- [NEW] New Patreon Item - Crown of Rhaelyx (Rhaelyx) - +10% chance to preserve resources in non-combat skills (Does not work with Alt Magic). This bonus is increased to 25% if there is at least 1 Charge of Rhaelyx in your bank. There is a 0.1% chance a Charge will be destroyed per action.
- [NEW] New Patreon Pet - Asura, the Slayer Pet ( [ ] ) - Gain +20% Extra Slayer Coins from Slayer Tasks
- [NEW] New Patreon Pet - Pudding Duckie, the Fishing Pet (Moose) - 5% Chance to double the amount of Fish per catch
- [NEW] You can now see the quantity of the grown Allotment/Herb/Tree you have in the bank from the Farming Seed selection screen
- [NEW] New Ancient Crossbow Special Attack - Impairing Shot (15%) - Normal hit that slows Enemy Attack Speed by 20% for 3 turns. Reduce Enemy Ranged Evasion Rating by 30% for the rest of the fight.
- [NEW] The Enemy's Max Hit value will now display inclusive of your Damage Reduction. If you have Damage Reduction, it will display as (Max Hit).
- [NEW] The Book of Eli has a new Passive - Reduces the Light Rune cost of Auroras only by 1. Grants access to Tier III Auroras when Equipped.
- [NEW] New Item - Enchanted Cape - A basic Magic Cape providing Magic Stats. Dropped by Master Wizards.
- [NEW] New Item - Enchanted Shield - A basic Magic Shield providing Magic Stats. Dropped by Dark Wizards.
- [CHANGE] The God Dungeons are no longer accessible until the Dungeon prior has been completed. For the Air God Dungeon, this means the Volcanic Cave must be completed prior to entering.
- [CHANGE] Reduced the Magic Level Requirements for most of the Standard Magic Spells.
- [CHANGE] Updated the description on some items to be more clear as to what they do.
- [CHANGE] Lowered offline Thieving Success Rate requirement to 90%, down from 95%.
- [CHANGE] Bank Space price is now capped at 5M, up from 4M
- [CHANGE] Standard Elemental Staves now substitute 1 x of the respective Elemental Rune.
- [CHANGE] Elemental Battlestaves now substitute 3 x of the respective Elemental Rune.
- [CHANGE] Mystic Elemental Staves now substitute 5 x of the respective Elemental Rune.
- [CHANGE] Magic Skillcape now substitutes 7 x of each Elemental Rune.
- [CHANGE] All Glacia God Armour pieces now provide +10 Minimum Damage to all Standard Elemental Magic Spells.
- [CHANGE] All Ancient Wizard Gear pieces now provide +5 Minimum Damage to all Standard Elemental Magic Spells.
- [CHANGE] All Glacia God Armour pieces now have 8% Damage Reduction, up from 5%
- [CHANGE] All Aeris God Armour pieces now have 8% Damage Reduction, up from 7% (Including Gloves)
- [CHANGE] All Ragnar God Armour pieces Melee Strength Bonus increased by +5
- [CHANGE] Ranger Hat now has a Ranged Strength Bonus of +6, up from 0.
- [CHANGE] All Horned Elite monsters now drop up to 4 Large Horns, up from 1
- [CHANGE] Increased sale price of Large Horns to 3600 GP, up from 150 GP
- [CHANGE] Increased sale price of Black Dragonhide to 850 GP, up from 500 GP
- [CHANGE] Increased sale price of Whales to 1024 GP, up from 987 GP
- [CHANGE] Increased sale price of Magic Fish to 960 GP, up from 600 GP
- [CHANGE] Reduced sale price of Dragon Javelins to 650 GP, down from 679 GP
- [CHANGE] Smithing Mastery Benefit for resource preservation chance changed to [5%, 10%, 15%, 20%], down from [10%, 20%, 30%, 40%]
- [CHANGE] Fletching, Crafting & Herblore Mastery Benefit for resource preservation chance changed to 0.2%, down from 0.25% per mastery level
- [CHANGE] Runecrafting Skillcape now works on all Runecrafting items
- [CHANGE] Runecrafting Skillcape resource preservation chance changed to 35%, down from 50%
- [CHANGE] Water God Dungeon - Water Monster Special Attack "Ice Break" damage reduced to 325, down from 450.
- [CHANGE] Earth God Dungeon - Terran Special Attack "Seismic Slam" damage per proc reduced to 950, down from 1000
- [CHANGE] Your Attack now resets when switching Equipment Sets
- [CHANGE] Smithing Coal Ore Required Quantity now displays the actual required amount of Coal with the Skillcape Equipped, instead of the original required amount.
- [CHANGE] Replaced 91% of tooltips in the game with the new Tooltip Library
- [CHANGE] Increased the Max Hit of all Standard Air Spells.
- [CHANGE] There's a new background image for the game! This also includes a new Dark Mode version.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue where Crafting interval was calculated incorrectly offline.
- [FIXED] Gold Emerald Ring benefit now works when Fishing in the Barbarian Fishing Area for Strength XP only.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue with Mobile versions of the game where it was not possible to scroll down, including on the Character Creation screen.
- [FIXED] Adjusted some Offline Progression functions to hopefully ease the loading times. This is still being worked on.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where a Normal Log would display upon coming back to the game instead of the actual Potion icon.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where Player Special Attacks would continue to proc after the Enemy has died.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where Player Special Attacks would stack, causing more than one attack timer to run at a time.
- [FIXED] Upgradeable items that have no stats will now hide the stats in the Upgrade Item screen.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where Ragnar's "Cataclysm" Special Attack was avoidable, when it was not meant to be.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where Smithing would not work with the Skillcape if you had less than the original required Coal amount.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where registering for a Cloud account would cause the Cloud save to display as broken.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where clicking the HP Bar on the Combat Minibar would open the Sidebar.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where the Damage Reduction comparison would show the incorrect value in the Upgrade Item screen.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where Clue Chasers Insignia bonus was calculating incorrectly for Woodcutting Bird Nest Chance and Mining Gem Chance.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where Equipping the Clue Chasers Insignia while Mining would not allow you to receive a Gem at all.
- [FIXED] The description for the Cooking Fire in the Shop now correctly displays the Bonus XP it provides to Cooking.
- [FIXED] Reduced the width of the Combat Minibar HP Bar on mobile devices to accommodate for smaller screen sizes that caused issue with the Minibar layout.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue where selecting a Smithing recipe would force the page to jump back to the top.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue where Smithing Masteries would not increase in level, even though you had the required Mastery XP.
- [REMOVED] Removed the Herblore Potion suggestion link
Alpha v0.15.4 (26th June 2020)
Greetings! Back again with another quick update.
This update is dedicated to sorting out many performance issues within the game, and hopefully sorting out memory leaks that have been occurring for some players.
I don't feel comfortable with releasing more content updates until I can sort out some underlying issues that are detrimental to the player experience, so hopefully this update handles most of those issues!
After this update, its time to get this v0.16 Major Update finished.
- [NEW] A brand new Tooltip and Popover system has been implemented for the Bank, Item Log and Monster Log (Also in testing within Smithing for the recipe tooltip). They look very similar, but handle much differently. The bank is now extremely responsive and it should minimize 90% of the lag you tend to witness. It should also remove tooltips and menus from getting stuck on the screen (If they do, a simple click away will remove it from your screen).
- [NEW] All game notifications now run through a completely new library. Performance issues around this should now be minimized.
- [NEW] New Setting added to disabled the Combat Minibar when on the Combat Page.
- [NEW] Hovering over an item in the bank with a short-hand quantity value (Eg. 355K) will now display the exact quantity (Eg. 355,676).
- [NEW] There is now a Total XP statistic.
- [CHANGE] Skill Experience gained is no longer rounded down. You now receive the exact amount of XP, instead of a whole number. This means small XP bonuses now actually apply to smaller XP-based items. You will still see a rounded down whole number when viewing your XP.
- [FIXED] Disabling the Combat Minibar setting while in combat will now hide the Combat Minibar without requiring a refresh or leaving combat.
- [FIXED] Local and Cloud saves will now correctly compare. If they are found to be identical, you will not see the Select Save screen.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where starting a skill while in combat did not stop combat correctly.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where the Combat Minibar would stay on the screen if starting a different skill while you were in combat.
- [FIXED] Fixed incorrectly calculated Magic Evasion Rating.
- [FIXED] Fixed offline progression for devices with the experimental setting enabled.
Alpha v0.15.3 (17th June 2020)
I have a little update for everyone which includes some fixes and nice new QoL features that I assume everyone will love. Most of these were scheduled for v0.16, but there was no point keeping you waiting for it.
- [NEW] Introducing the Combat Minibar - This nifty little bar will appear in the bottom right of your screen upon entering combat. It shows your current HP, provides a button to eat food or run away, and clicking the HP bar brings you straight back to the Combat page. This minibar will display on all pages, so you are no longer required to keep checking back to make sure you are not about to die. If you do not wish to see this, you can disable it in settings.
- [NEW] You can now Sell ALL but 1. This setting remembers your choice, so it will update the sale quantity for each bank item you click to easily sell all but 1 without needing to select the option each time.
- [NEW] Hovering over an item in a Crafting-related skill will now show the Recipe in a tooltip.
- [CHANGE] Ice Shortbows now have +37 Ranged Strength Bonus.
- [CHANGE] Ice Longbows now have +75 Ranged Strength Bonus.
- [CHANGE] Increased Big ol Ron Slash and Defend accuracies to +138, up from +118.
- [CHANGE] Increased Ancient Sword Special Attack Chance to 25%, up from 20%.
- [CHANGE] The Bone Necklace now rewards 2x the amount of Prayer Points for the bones it automatically buries.
- [CHANGE] Each tier of the Lucky Herb Potion now provides a extra flat +3 qty of the Grown Herb.
- [CHANGE] Added Padding to the bottom of the Bank to allow room for the Sell dropdown menu to display correctly and not get cut off.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue where it was possible to loot an item multiple times when collecting from the loot container.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue where Max Skillcape was not increasing Firemaking coal chance to 100%.
- [FIXED] Fixed rogue upgrade button for Earth Layered Shield.
- [FIXED] Cooking stats now track offline progression.
- [FIXED] Total Fish cooked stat now correctly tracks correct qty cooked, instead of assuming 1 is always cooked.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue where Deadeye Amulet was activating 75% of the same, instead of the intended 25%.
- [FIXED] God Dungeon Upgrades will now appear correctly in the Shop without requiring a refresh.
- [FIXED] Guardian Amulet now correctly resets the Damage Reduction upon defeating an enemy.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where the Guardian Amulet would reset if you changed equipment during a fight.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where the quantity of Herbs dropped via the Lucky Herb Potion was not affected by double loot chance items.
Alpha v0.15.2 -"Case of Fortune." (4th June 2020)
Welcome to our next Event Update for Melvor Idle! With v0.16 in heavy development, I thought now was a great time to provide an update to keep you occupied.
Staying true to the theme of dumb, rediculous and sometimes obnoxious mechanics, we bring you Case of Fortune!
Case of Fortune Event
The Case of Fortune Event has arrived!.
This totally-original-not-copyrighted-or-seen-anywhere-else-before event has landed to suck your soul away and make you rage at the RNG gods because shiny pixels on a screen mean everything to you.
Upon loading the event, you will be greeted with a screen where you can select a case to open. Click the spin button and wait. This intense, interactive gameplay mechanic is one of the most unique and groundbreaking we have introduced to date.
If you run out of M-Bucks to spend - go cry to your parents and hope they give you some. If not, steal their credit card and purchase some in our totally fair, not Pay2Win shop that provides a significant advantage to those with money.
Enjoy! You might see some random changes here and there to mix it up.
- [NEW] The Case of Fortune Event is now live!
- [NEW] Raging Horned Elites can now drop Cooked Trout.
- [NEW] There is now a button to clear the bank search box.
- [CHANGE] Reduced sale price for all Fletchable Javelins by roughly 50%.
- [CHANGE] Increased sale price for Ancient Javelins by roughly 25%.
- [CHANGE] Base Attack Speed for Stormsnap increased from 2.6s -> 3s.
- [CHANGE] Increased Melee Strength Bonus for the Big ol Ron to 275, up from 201.
- [CHANGE] The Cloudburst Staff no longer provides a flat +400 damage every successful hit when using Water Spells. Instead, the staff now provides +500 to your maximum hit when using Water Spells.
- [CHANGE] Slightly updated some wording on the Cloud / Local save selection screen.
- [FIXED] The game will now load first, and then calculate your offline progression to minimise browser hangs during load.
- [FIXED] Fixed incorrect interval calculations for Woodcutting.
- [FIXED] Fixed visual error where the Offline XP you earned was displayed incorrectly. The intended XP was still given to you. This was purely visual.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue where Mastery XP for fishing was not applying based on the quantity of fish you caught.
- [FIXED] Fixed incorrectly displayed Milestones.
Alpha v0.15.1 (20th May 2020)
Hello everyone! Thank you all for the amazing response to the latest Major Update. I hope everyone is enjoying the new content and are finding the new challenges worth the risk.
Here is the first minor update to the game to address some important requests and issues.
- [NEW] Melvor Idle has been migrated to a brand new server to accommodate for the large increase in traffic. I will continue to monitor performance and make adjustments where required.
- [NEW] Added an option to Upgrade xAll. This can be used for various upgrade methods including Elemental Shards, Rope and other things.
- [CHANGE] Increased Ranged Strength bonus for all Javelins by roughly 50%.
- [CHANGE] Increased Ranged Strength bonus for all Throwing Knives. Lower tier Throwing knives received roughly 200%-400% increase. High tier received roughly 40-100% increase.
- [CHANGE] Ancient Claw Special Attack now procs 5% of the time, down from 10%.
- [CHANGE] Increased Melee Strength Bonus for Twin Exiles to 24, up from 4.
- [CHANGE] Increased Melee Accuracy Bonus for Twin Exiles to [71, 71, 71], up from [60, 55, 60]
- [CHANGE] Increased Frozen Archer Max hit.
- [CHANGE] Frozen Archer now drops up to 20 Ice Arrows 20% of the time, down from 40 Ice Arrows 100% of the time.
- [CHANGE] You now produce 4 Throwing Knives per bar, up from 2.
- [CHANGE] Halved the sale price of Throwing Knives to accommodate for the above change.
- [CHANGE] All Javelins now require 3 logs to create, down from 5 logs.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where saves would not load if it was last saved prior to Weird Gloop being implemented.
- [FIXED] Adjusted the way bank popovers are handled. Hopefully this fixes the bank popovers that get stuck on the screen.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where the username change modal would not display at all.
- [FIXED] Gem-Tipped bolts now have correct ranged level requirements. Level requirements are 1, 20, 40, 60, 80 respectively.
- [FIXED] The ability to choose which equipment set Throwing Knives and Javelins can be equipped into has been removed as it caused issues. A permanent solution for all ammo types is on the way so you can select which equipment slot to equip it to.
- [FIXED] Fixed incorrectly displayed Smithing Milestone for Dragon Crossbow Head.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where a bleeding enemy that reaches 0 HP would not die until you attack it again.
- [FIXED] Max Skillcape now correctly inherits the new Firemaking Skillcape benefits.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where changing to an Equipment Set that contains a Stormsnap while the next enemy was loading would cause the game to error out.
Alpha v0.15 - "Return of the Gods" (16th May 2020)
Welcome to the next Major Update for Melvor Idle! Thank you so much for your patience on this one. This update is one of the largest I have released to date in terms of content. Please be sure to read the full changelog so you are aware of what has changed!
Firstly, I'd like to provide a note about this update. Although I'm the one that developed it, pretty much all of the content and lore was planned and created by Prat. For those of you who don't know him - Prat generally provides a lot of assistance with balance, content ideas, number crunching and other random things around the game. He's my go-to person to bounce random ideas off that eventuate into content. He spent a very long time planning this update, so please pass on all thanks and credit to him for his hard work. Let's see what has been added!
The God Dungeons
With the defeat of Malcs, the Guardian of Melvor, the seal that once locked away the Gods fades with him. The Gods now prepare for their return to the world and for their continuation of war. It is up to you to stop them before they destroy it. Welcome to the God Dungeons, there are 4 Gods to defeat within their respective dungeons - Aeris, Glacia, Terran & Ragnar. These dungeons are very dangerous, and should only be attempted by the prepared and willing. Highly Recommended stats: 85+ All Combats, and yes you will need all 3 styles to complete them all (or suffer). Do not try to complete them without sufficient Damage Reduction, you will die.
- You will find 4 new endgame dungeons to complete. These are split up in 5 floors with increasing monster difficulty as you progress.
- These dungeons are different to your standard dungeon. Each monster kill drops elemental shards which can be collected and combined to create respective dungeon chests - Air, Water, Earth & Fire. (You can collect shards and leave without completing the dungeon).
- Each dungeon follows the same logic, The Guards protect the first floor, The Monsters on the 2nd, The Elemental Golems on the 3rd, the God Guardians on the 4th and lastly the God on the 5th.
- The monsters you face all have a unique, special attack of some form. Be sure to note what they do, it will save your life.
Each God inherits all special attacks from the previous monsters you fought, as well as possessing a strong, powerful special attack unique to them. Defeating a God rewards the player with their respective God Scroll. Defeating a God Dungeon for the first time also unlocks a new skills upgrade in the shop. Be sure to look for this!
Each God Scroll contains the powerful rewards, which the player has a chance to receive. The player is guaranteed to gain one of the following items from the scroll:
- A piece from the new God Armour sets (Sets include gloves and boots).
- One of the new Godswords, obtainable from the respective scroll. There's a unique Godsword for each God.
- Some scrolls contain unique, powerful God Weapons such as a bow, battleaxe, staff or even a special Shield.
- A Bank Slot Token. Claim for a free bank slot (Does not increase price of your bank slot costs)
All new God Equipment requires Level 85 in their respective levels to equip. The dungeon chests acquires by upgrading shards give you a chance at obtaining rare, unique dungeon rings and amulets. The rings provide increased combat stats, and each amulet contains a powerful, unique passive effect while equipped.
Note from Prat: These dungeons were made to be challenging and shouldn't be idle-able (maybe possible with god armour and pots). These dungeons should only be attempted by late-game players who have: Dungeon Equipment Swapping, BiS gear for all 3 combats, lots of food, prayer points and potions. Difficulty: I consider the Volcanic Cave challenging, but not overly difficult. Using rough estimates, I believe the easiest God Dungeon is ~ 6x more difficult than Volcanic, they are pretty tough.
Ranged Content Update
Alonside the inclusion of the God Dungeons, it was a perfect time to address an area of Combat that was lacking quite a bit - Ranged. Ranged has been turned upside down and re-evaluated from the ground up. I am talking new weapons, new armour types, lots of damage, lots of choice.
Here is what has been included in this update:
- Crossbows for each tier of metal, plus Ancient, which use new Gem-Tipped Bolts as ammo.
- Throwing Knives for each tier of metal, plus Ancient.
- Javelins for each tier of metal, plus Ancient.
- Dragonhide Shields
- Ancient Dragonhide Armour
- Ranged Armour can now be upgraded just like regular Melee armour.
- Adjusted values for Shortbow & Longbow stats.
- New pieces of equipment that will assist with Ranged.
There's a lot of choice here, and it will seem pretty overwhelming at first. But I can tell you now that Ranged packs a pretty decent punch. However, to be able to reach those high DPS numbers, you will need the skill levels and resources to be able to do so. Be sure to check out everything you can make within Smithing, Crafting and Fletching!
Player Special Attacks Rework
This update also includes a redesigned special attack system for Players! I have removed the silly 2 minute special attack timer, and that ridiculous box in the combat screen. This system in general simply did not suit the style of the game. Special attacks are now 100% idle. You do not need to adjust any settings at all! Weapons that possess a special attack will display so within the bank screen. The new description of the special attacks will now show a % chance. This is the chance a weapon has to activate its special attack during combat. You will notice your attack speed bar turn yellow, and the text display the name of the special attack when it is going to be used. Simply as that! There is also a little sword icon next to your attack speed that displays if there is a weapon with a special attack equipped. If you hover over this, or click it, it will display the special attack information.
Short and sweet, but the Max Skillcape has been introduced! This Skillcape is unlocked when you reach Level 99 in every single skill in the game. It inherits ALL skillcape perks. This thing is a beast.
That is it for the Major Content! Here's the full changelog:
- [NEW] 4 New God Dungeons have been added to the game - Air, Water, Earth & Fire God Dungeons
- [NEW] Including the God Dungeon Monsters, a total of 26 new Monsters have been added to the game
- [NEW] Armour for each respective God has been added to the game - These sets include Helmet, Body, Legs, Gloves and Boots
- [NEW] 4 New Godswords have been introduced - Aeris Godsword, Glacia Godsword, Terran Godsword, Ragnar Godsword. These are heavy hitting two-handed weapons with powerful special attacks.
- [NEW] New Item - Bank Slot Token - Claim this for a free bank slot. Does not increase price of bank slots in shop
- [NEW] 4 Scrolls have been added to the game, which are acquired through defeating the Gods to receive the above items.
- [NEW] 4 New elemental chests have been added to the game, which can be created by upgrading 100 elemental shards received within the God Dungeons.
- [NEW] 4 New God Rings introduced - Deadeye, Warlock, Guardian & Fighter. These provide increased stats to various combat styles.
- [NEW] New Item - Deadeye Amulet - 25% chance for Ranged attacks to deal 150% of damage dealt.
- [NEW] New Item - Warlock Amulet - Magic spells heal you for 20% damage dealt
- [NEW] New Item - Guardian Amulet - Gain +2% damage reduction when hit by an enemy. Capped at 12%
- [NEW] New Item - Fighter Amulet - Enemy is stunned for 1 turn when you hit for at least 75% of your max hit
- [NEW] New Shop Item - Perpetual Haste (50M) - 20% Decreased Base Crafting & Fletching Interval. Unlocked by defeating Aeris.
- [NEW] New Shop Item - Expanded Knowledge (50M) - 20% Decreased base Herblore & Runecrafting interval. Unlocked by defeating Glacia.
- [NEW] New Shop Item - Master of Nature (50M) - 20% Decreased base Mining & Woodcutting Interval. Unlocked by defeating Terran.
- [NEW] New Shop Item - Art of Control (50M) - 20% Decreased base Cooking, Firemaking & Smithing Interval. Unlocked by defeating Ragnar.
- [NEW] New Dungeon - Dragons Den - Fight your way to the Elder Dragon.
- [NEW] Ancient Dragonhide Armour has been introduced. These can be found in the Dragons Den dungeon.
- [NEW] Crossbows have been introduced for all smithed metals, plus Ancient. You can Fletch these (Requires a few different components)
- [NEW] Throwing Knives have been introduced for all smithed metals, plus Ancient. You can Smith these.
- [NEW] Javelins have been introduced for all smithed metals, plus Ancient. You can Smith these.
- [NEW] Gem Tipped Bolts have been introduced. You can Craft these.
- [NEW] You can now craft Dragonhide Shield for the respective Hide
- [NEW] You can now upgrade Dragonhide Ranged Armour. These provide increased stats as well as damage reduction
- [NEW] Elder Dragonhide has been introduced. Can only be acquired by defeating the Elder Dragon
- [NEW] New Item - Amulet of Ranged + Elite Amulet of Ranged
- [NEW] Increased the starting bank slots by 4. This means everyone gets 4 free bank slots.
- [NEW] New Prayer - Stone Skin (Level 88) - +5% Damage Reduction. Costs 2 Prayer Points per enemy attack.
- [NEW] New Patreon Item - Stormsnap (Eusmusia) - A Ranged Bow where its Strength Bonus and Accuracy rating scales based on the Enemy Magic Level. Special attack deals a guaranteed hit based on the Enemy Magic Level.
- [NEW] New Patreon Item - Slayer's Crossbow (Elliott) - Gain 33% Ranged Strength bonus against Slayer Area or Slayer Task monsters. Upgraded from a Dragon Crossbow
- [NEW] New Patreon Item - Confetti Crossbow (deathbyconfetti) - Gain 10%-200% of damage dealt in GP based on your current GP amount. Capped at 50M for 200%. Purchased from the Slayer Shop.
- [NEW] New Patreon Item - Big ol Ron (theRealDog) - A 2H Axe, Gain 50% Melee Strength Bonus when fighting a Dungeon Boss.
- [NEW] New Patreon Item - Twin Exiles (Jarose) - A 2H weapon that always performs two consecutive attacks.
- [NEW] New Patreon Item - Bob's Rake (Berlyn) - When equipped, you have a 20% chance to retain all compost/gloop on a farming patch when harvesting. This means you will not have to apply any further compost to that plot.
- [NEW] New Patreon Item - Skull Cape (Skull) - When equipped, you have a 20% chance to cast a magic spell for free. This cape also gives great Magic Bonuses and Damage Reduction. Purchased from the Slayer Shop.
- [NEW] New Patreon Item - Fury of the Elemental Zodiacs (fez) - This Amulet is acquired by upgrading all standard Elite Amulets, alongside the Amulet of Fury and Amulet of Torture.
- [NEW] Max Skillcape has been introduced into the game. This skillscape inherits ALL skillcape perks. Costs 20M
- [NEW] New Monster - Furious Horned Elite - Added to the Desolate Plains Slayer Area. A ranged horned elite that drops Ancient Javelins and Ancient Throwing Knives
- [NEW] All Ice Weapons now have the same special attack.
- [NEW] You can now apply Weird Gloop to a farming patch that already has Max Compost
- [NEW] View Item Contents now displays how many of each item it is possible to obtain
- [NEW] There is now a small damage marker for enemies and players showing the damage dealt, as well as missed attacks.
- [NEW] It is now possible for Players and Enemies to be stunned during Combat. When stunned, you cannot evade an attack.
- [NEW] It is now possible for Players and Enemies to have their attack speed slowed.
- [NEW] It is now possible for Players to be burned over time from an attack
- [NEW] New item graphics for all Logs have been added. Please pass on thanks to Breindahl who provided the new graphics.
- [NEW] New Item - Bone Necklace - Automatically buries bones when dropped from Monsters. Acquired from the Standard Chest.
- [NEW] New Item - Amulet of Magic + Elite Amulet of Magic
- [NEW] Ancient Wizard Gear now provides +5% Damage Reduction per piece
- [NEW] The game now saves locally when the tab/app is closed.
- [NEW] Golbins and Ranged Golbins now drop Raw Shrimp
- [NEW] Some items have had their special attacks altered to suit the new special attack system
- [NEW] You can now lock items in the bank. Locking an item will remove the option to sell it.
- [NEW] There is now a confirmation dialogue when you attempt to sell an item, or buy something from the Shop
- [NEW] The bank has some nice borders now
- [NEW] Updated the Welcome screen upon first playing. It now asks you if you want Light Mode or Dark Mode, as well as what character type you would like to play (For future updates)
- [NEW] Melvor Cloud has been updated with a new Login/Register screen.
- [NEW] There is now an option to change your Cloud password from the user dropdown menu (Where you force save)
- [NEW] The experimental setting for Mobiles is now included in the Desktop version. Check settings to see what it does
- [NEW] New statistic added to track the amount of Weird Gloop used in Farming. This stat is auto-filled retroactively based on a combination of the item stats.
- [CHANGE] All Smithing level requirements have been adjusted. This enabled mid-early late game content to be available ealier in the game. Refer to this image for all value changes.
- [CHANGE] Adjusted stat values for existing longbows and shortbows
- [CHANGE] Player Special Attack system has been changed. All special attacks now have a % chance to activate in combat.
- [CHANGE] There is no more limit on the amount of skillcapes you can buy from the Shop.
- [CHANGE] The Shop has a new look! You can also use the navigation at the top of the shop to quickly display a category.
- [CHANGE] Sell item button is now red.
- [CHANGE] The game no longer saves during Combat. It will only save when you defeat the monster.
- [CHANGE] The Cape of Arrow Preservation is now known as the Cape of Ranged Preservation. It now works on all ammo types
- [CHANGE] The Ranged Skillcape works on all ammo types.
- [CHANGE] Changed the library which looks after progress bar animatons. Hopefully you will see an improvement to resources used when playing the game.
- [CHANGE] Firemaking Skillcape now provides +5% Global XP and 100% chance at gaining Coal.
- [CHANGE] Farming Skillcape now provides +20% Harvest Qty on top of the existing perk.
- [CHANGE] Raging Horned Elite drop table weightings adjusted slightly. It now drops items 100% of the time. Can now drop up to 30 Ancient arrows. Large Horn is a bit less common now.
- [CHANGE] Adjusted the wording of the "Remember Me" option within the Cloud login. It is now known as "Keep me logged in" for clarity.
- [CHANGE] The game will now give you a Lemon if you happen to roll a Signet Ring Half without wearing a Topaz Ring.
- [CHANGE] Slightly adjusted the bank cost formula to be consitent with the added bank slots (So that it costs exactly 18M to get 100 bank slots).
- [CHANGE] Mobile Only - Slayer Tasks in Combat now have their own menu.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where users keep getting logged out of the Cloud when switching devices, if they were using the "Remember Me" option.
- [FIXED] Cooking no longer provides 2x XP offline.
- [FIXED] Thieving Skillcape now works offline
- [FIXED] Melee Evasion, Damage Reduction and Divine Potions no longer use charges on player attack
- [FIXED] Melee Evasion & Damage Reduction Potions now only use charges on enemy attack
- [FIXED] Divine Potions now only use charges upon Prayers being used
- [FIXED] Enemy hitpoints visually update correctly when reflect damage is dealt
- [FIXED] Item sale statistics correctly update when selling a quantity higher than what you have in the bank
- [FIXED] Signet Ring Half (a) can now drop from online Woodcutting again (lol sorry)
- [FIXED] Completion log percentages now use exact values, rather than flooring all numbers prior to total completion calculation. Percentages are now only floored visually.
- [FIXED] Skill completion percentage is now correctly calculated.
- [FIXED] Fixed rare issue where Open All for a chest would use the quantity of a different bank item
- [FIXED] Back-to-back Slayer tasks should now not be possible. Let me know if it still occurs
- [FIXED] Adjusted wording on some item and shop upgrades regarding speed/interval changes. Only the wording changed, the effect is still the same.
- [FIXED] You will now only receive one notification when crops are ready to harvest
- [FIXED] Bank Upgrade cost now only displays exact GP cost
- [FIXED] The game now correctly displays item names that contain an apostrophe.
- [FIXED] Tutorial tips are fixed
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where you could not select your Slayer Task monster using the link after completing a Dungeon.
- [FIXED] Firemaking Mastery Tokens and the Signet Ring Half (a) should now correctly drop from offline Firemaking.
- [FIXED] Corrected Steel Platebody Ranged Defence value.
- [FIXED] You will no longer receive a notification for degraded gloves from offline progression if you were not actually using those gloves.
- [FIXED] You will no longer be redirected when clicking the Melvor Cloud Status text.
- [FIXED] The game now saves locally when you click the Force Save button (My bad, sorry about this. Huge oversight by me).
- [FIXED] Reflect damage inflicted by the Gold Sapphire Ring now works as intended during special attacks that hit multiple times (It only procs once)
- [FIXED] Combat area selection will no longer collapse when you select the Drops button, or the dungeon reward links.
- [FIXED] Combat areas now correctly deselects when a monster is chosen.
- [FIXED] Seeing Gold Potion now works as intended.
- [FIXED] Fixed an offline progression issue where Mastery XP for Runecrafting was increasing based on the quantity of Runes crafted, rather than per action.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where Ranged Attack Bonuses would always display as zero in the upgrade item screen.
- [FIXED] Fixed the Skill Level Array where levels above 99 were stored, causing issues with completion log.
- [REMOVED] Auto special attack setting
- [REMOVED] Auto eat activated notification
- [REMOVED] HP notifications have been disabled (These cause too much lag)
Alpha v0.14.2 (10th April, 2020)
EASTER EVENT 2020 In the sidebar, you will now find a link to an Easter Event Page and will be greeted by a minigame. The goal of the game, if you are unfamiliar, is to get through as many tree logs as possible without touching the ground, or hitting the tree trunk. This will reward you with Easter Eggs that you can spend in the Easter Shop! Simply left click the mouse, or touch the screen, to move upwards. There are three different modes for you to play as well - Easy, Normal and Hard. The harder difficulties provide extra Easter Eggs per successful clear. High scores are tracked for each difficulty, as well as the total amount of Easter Eggs you have collected. You can play this Minigame while training other skills freely. You are not required to participate if you do not wish. There are no exclusive items that cannot be received outside the minigame. Enjoy! This event will be live until Tuesday 14 April (Australian time).
Alpha v0.14.1 (3rd April 2020)
Welcome to the next small update for Melvor Idle. I hope you all enjoyed the silly April Fools event, it seems like most of you had a good time with it. To those players who actually maxed the skill and even went far beyond... why?. Today I have some small changes to introduce everyone back into reality as well as changes to Fishing that are definitely needed.
- [NEW] The game now automatically backs up your Local Save upon loading into a new update. This backup will stay stored on your device until it is overwritten by a new game update. You can export or download this save in the settings. Just remember this is your LOCAL SAVE ONLY. If you play on more than one device, you will have different local backups on each device.
- [NEW] Minor Fishing stats have been added and adjusted.
- [NEW] Typing wherearemylemons into the bank search will now give you a Lemon.
- [CHANGE] Amulet of Fishing now provides +20% base Fishing Speed. Changed from 5% less chance to catch junk.
- [CHANGE] Fishing Skillcape now doubles the amount of items caught. Changed from simply providing +1 item.
- [CHANGE] Fishing Mastery Tokens are now slightly more common.
- [CHANGE] Adjusted the Fishing Special Item weightings which increases the rarity of the main special items.
- [CHANGE] April Fools 2020 Event items have been updated to reduced GP and Healing values.
- [FIXED] Updated the Clue Chasers Insignia graphics to the correct one.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where it was not possible to log out of the Melvor Cloud.
- [FIXED] Compost All and Gloop All cost has been restored.
- [FIXED] Player Chance to Hit now updates when using Potions, Prayers or switching Attack Styles.
- [FIXED] Fixed incorrect Bronze Shield stats for upgraded versions.
- [FIXED] Updated missing Crafting Milestones.
Alpha v0.14 - Fishy Business (31st March 2020)
Welcome to the next Major Update for Melvor Idle! This update sees one of the existing skills in the game see a complete rework, as well as some new addition to shake up Combat. Here is what has been added.
Skilll Rework - Fishing
Fishing has been completely stripped back and rebuilt from the ground up. With a fresh new look, new mechanics and some awesome items for you to obtain that will assist with future endeavors. You will be greeted with Fishing Areas (That are actually named), which allow you to select which fish you would like to catch. Each area has a base chance to catch the Fish you chose, catch a Special Item, or catch some junk (Because bank space is really important). These values can be altered with the use of the fishing potion or Mastery. There are 10 new types of fish to catch and 10 different special items to catch. See changelog in game for details. Barbarian Fishing is an area you unlock when you collect the Barbarian Gloves and equip them. This area contains fish which provide Fishing & Strength XP. The Fishermans Potion has a new effect - (x)% less chance to catch junk, where (x) changes based on Potion Level.
This table outlines the balance changes made to all Fish.
Dungeon Rework - Volcanic Cave
This update includes a new and improved look for the Volcano Dungeon. It is now harder, and tougher than ever before (not really) and some of the Monsters have a new look and feel. There is an extra two new monsters to face, and Prat is now known as Prat, the Protector of Secrets, and both Prat & Malcs have a brand new look. Alongside this, you will now discover that some monsters have the ability to have Special Attacks. This is a new mechanic introduced to add a little more of a challenge to the Dungeon. These Specials are displayed below the monster image in combat, and the Attack Speed bar will turn yellow when they are about to use it. It is possible for monsters to only use special attacks (never uses a regular hit). In this case, Malcs, the Guardian of Melvor, will only use Special Attacks, so be careful! To compensate for the tougher, longer battles - The chance to receive Ancient Gear from the Elite Chest has been slightly increased.
New Save Compression
The compression used for saves has changed this update. The change reduces save file sizes by around 92%. If you have an old save file using the old method of compression, do not worry. You can still import it just fine.
- [NEW] Fishing has been reworked.
- [NEW] 10 new Fish have been introduced to the game.
- [NEW] 4 of the new Fish are able to be cooked.
- [NEW] Added 4 new special items to the game that can be acquired while Fishing.
- [NEW] You can bury Skeleton Fish for to receive 3 Prayer Points each.
- [NEW] Raw Magic Fish does not need to be cooked to be eaten.
- [NEW] Volcanic Cave Dungeon has been reworked. Two extra monsters have also been added.
- [NEW] Monsters now have the ability to have Special Attacks. Currently the only Monsters with these specials are Prat & Malcs in the Volcanic Dungeon
- [NEW] Your Magic Damage now increases alongside your Magic Level at a rate of x (1 + (Magic Level + 1) / 200).
- [NEW] Your chance to hit now shows under your max hit combat stat.
- [NEW] The enemy's chance to hit you now shows under their Offensive Stats.
- [NEW] The game will now automatically load the most recent save file if you are logged into the Cloud.
- [NEW] New Patreon Item - Weird Gloop (RS Wikis) - A new type of compost, only purchased in the Shop at a cost of 2 x Compost and 10 x Rune Essence. This item fills your compost bar up to 100% with 1 use and also provides +10% Increased Harvest amount..
- [NEW] New Patreon Item - Clue Chasers Insignia (Clue Chasers) - A new secret Amulet. +5% chance to receive an off-item (An item from a skill that is not the main resource you are gathering). Clue to obtain: "The Numbers, mason, What do they mean?!"
- [NEW] New Shop Item - Dungeon Equipment Swapping - Enable Equipment Swapping during dungeons.
- [NEW] Your hitpoints bar now shows a small 0.5s animation when healing from Food or Auto-Eat.
- [NEW] You can now select the Bank as your Default Page on Load.
- [NEW] There is now a few tutorial / tip notifications that pop up when certain actions are performed. These will be constantly added with the game to assist new players. These will only show once, and will never pop up again.
- [NEW] A button has been added to the combat screen to show the drops for the current Monster.
- [NEW] You can now see the exact Mastery XP progress on the skill screen for each item (Except Farming).
- [NEW] A notification has been added to tell you when a Mastery Token was used on an already existing Level 99 item.
- [NEW] Added a "Apply Weird Gloop to all plots" button in Farming. This applies Weird Gloop to all plots. Costs the same as Compost All.
- [NEW] Added Total Mastery Level to the General Statistics.
- [NEW] There is now a notification to tell you what Slayer Item is required to be equipped to fight the monster you are trying to jump to.
- [CHANGE] The Combat Area selection is now always visible. This means you can browse other areas while in combat and switch seamlessly.
- [CHANGE] Amulet of Fishing now provides +5% chance to receive a Special Item from Fishing.
- [CHANGE] Slightly adjusted the look of the Cooking skill to display XP & HP rates clearly.
- [CHANGE] Prat, the Serpent of Fire is now known as Prat, the Protector of Secrets.
- [CHANGE] The artwork for Prat, the Protector of Secrets has been updated.
- [CHANGE] The artwork for Malcs, the Guardian of Melvor has been updated.
- [CHANGE] The Eye & The Resurrected Eye are now Magic type monsters.
- [CHANGE] Changed the compression technique for saves to zlib compression. This means your saves are now roughly 92% smaller than before. This will make it easier for you to copy/paste, and will reduce stress on the server when Cloud Saving.
- [CHANGE] Adjusted the look of Masteries on some skill screens.
- [CHANGE] Controlled Heat potion will now only relight the bonfire if you are currently burning logs.
- [CHANGE] The Fisherman's Potion has a new effect - (x)% less chance to catch junk, where (x) changes based on Potion Level.
- [CHANGE] Gentle Hands Potion now requires 1 x Lemontyle Herb & 2 x Strawberry Seeds to create (No longer requires Holy Dust).
- [CHANGE] Base Prayer XP received through combat (Without using Prayers) reduced by 50%.
- [CHANGE] Piety Prayer now provides 12% Melee Strength, down from 20%.
- [CHANGE] Increased the chance to receive an Amulet of Looting from the Spider Chest
- [CHANGE] All Ancient Melee Armour pieces now provide 7% damage reduction each, up from 6%.
- [CHANGE] The Griffin now has an 8% chance to drop a Dragon Claw Fragment, up from 5%.
- [CHANGE] Protect from Melee, Ranged & Magic prayers now provide 85% protection, down from 95%.
- [CHANGE] Added a description to Bird Nests for clarity.
- [CHANGE] You can no longer receive two of the same Slayer Task in a row.
- [CHANGE] All two-handed Melee weapons have had their strength bonus increased by 80%.
- [CHANGE] All Longbows have had their Ranged Attack Bonus increased by 20%
- [CHANGE] Removed the Attack Level Requirement for all Magic Staffs and Wands.
- [CHANGE] All Cooked variations of Fish are now worth on average 25% more than their raw counterparts.
- [CHANGE] Adjusted XP rates, GP sale prices and HP rates for most Raw / Cooked Fish. See above table.
- [CHANGE] Patreon Item text has been changed to be more clear as to what a Patreon Item is.
- [CHANGE] Auto Eat Tier II price is now 5M, up from 2.5M.
- [CHANGE] Auto Eat Tier III price is now 20M, up from 10M.
- [CHANGE] Fishing Rod upgrade costs are now (in order) [0, 100, 1K, 5K, 20K, 75K, 300K, 2M] up from [0, 50, 750, 2.5K, 10K, 50K, 200K, 750K];
- [CHANGE] Pickaxe upgrade costs are now (in order) [0, 250, 2K, 10K, 50K, 200K, 1M, 5M] up from [0, 50, 750, 2.5K, 10K, 50K, 200K, 1M]
- [CHANGE] The buttons for Farming are now different colours to assist with distinguishing between them.
- [CHANGE] The rock check now fires every second. This should remove the delay from when an ore respawns, to when the mining action starts again
- [CHANGE] The Elite Magic Wand now requires a Magic Level of 60 to equip, up form Level 40.
- [CHANGE] Slayer Helmet (Strong) & Slayer Platebody (Strong) now requires a Defence Level of 30 to equip.
- [CHANGE] Slayer Helmet (Elite) & Slayer Platebody (Elite) now requires a Defence Level of 60 to equip.
- [CHANGE] Slayer Wizard Hat (Strong) & Slayer Wizard Robe (Strong) now requires a Magic Level of 30 to equip.
- [CHANGE] Slayer Wizard Hat (Elite) & Slayer Wizard Robe (Elite) now requires a Magic Level of 60 to equip.
- [CHANGE] Slayer Cowl (Strong) & Slayer Leather Body (Strong) now requires a Ranged Level of 30 to equip.
- [CHANGE] Slayer Cowl (Elite) & Slayer Leather Body (Elite) now requires a Ranged Level of 60 to equip.
- [CHANGE] Fishing Mastery Tokens are now slightly more common.
- [CHANGE] Sunset Rapier now has an attack speed of 2.2s, down from 2.4s.
- [CHANGE] Sunset Rapier Special Attack now causes the enemy to bleed for 200% of damage dealt over 10s, up from 100%.
- [CHANGE] Maximum coins you can get from each Thieving NPC has been at least doubled.
- [CHANGE] Mastery Progress screen will no longer display Mastery Levels over Level 99. Note that you can still receive XP in Mastery above Level 99, as well as level up behind the scenes just like standard Skill XP.
- [CHANGE] Reduced the chance to receive Signet Ring Half (a) from Skilling.
- [FIXED] Aorpheats Signet Ring now works offline.
- [FIXED] Skill progress for Defence now updates correctly when using Longerange or Defensive attack styles.
- [FIXED] Slayer Skillcape now works as intended again.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where you would not be able to access Slayer Areas when equipping the required item.
- [FIXED] If you have not equipped the required Slayer Item for the respective Slayer Area, you will deal no damage to the monster. The Slayer Item must be in your active equipment slot.
- [FIXED] Adjusted flavour text for Patreon Items to be more clear.
- [FIXED] If you do not have a Slayer Task, the "New Task" button will not cost any Slayer Coins if clicked.
- [FIXED] Its no longer possible for offline progression to proc if, for some reason, you were away for a negative period of time.
- [FIXED] The Ancient Longbow image is now the same rotation as other longbows. Everyone may now sleep knowing everything is going to be OK.
- [REMOVED] Removed the username change limit.
Alpha v0.13 - A Helping Hand (7th March 2020)
Welcome to the next Major Update for Melvor Idle! This one is a bit smaller than the usual Major Updates for this game. However, it includes the implementation of a major addition that will change a lot for most players. Here is what has been added.
This has been in discussion for a while now, and finally it is here! Offline Progression simply allows your game to progress while the game is closed. You are no longer required to keep the game open to progress your skills!
How it works:
- When performing an action in game, you can simply close the browser and leave (While the action is still being performed).
- Upon returning, the game will calculate how long you were gone for and provide you with the XP, Items, Mastery XP and other various things that you would have received if you had the game open.
- A popup will greet you with the information above.
- As a nice QoL feature, the game will also continue the action (if it can) for you.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT OFFLINE PROGRESSION:
- Offline Progression time is currently capped at 12 hours. This will be adjusted according to feedback.
- All combat skills do not work offline. These are currently online only skills.
- For Cooking to work Offline, you are required to own at least the first Cooking Fire Upgrade (from the Shop).
- For Thieving to work Offline, the NPC you are Thieving requires a minimum 95% success rate.
- All gloves & skillcapes work Offline (only if you have them equipped in your active equipment set).
- Most Herblore potions work offline (If you have Auto Re-use Potion active). The potions that do not work will say so in their description. Currently, the potions that do not work are all Combat Potions (of course), Fisherman's Potion, Controlled Heat Potion, and Perfect Swing Potion
- In order to gain Mastery XP for what you are currently doing (EX: Mining coal), you must log in to receive it.
- Yes, you can receive Mastery Tokens offline.
Note: Offline progression will also trigger if you leave the game open in a separate tab. Browsers tend to throttle inactive tabs, so I've added a check that will hopefully detect when this happens.
- [NEW] Offline Progression for all skills, except combat, has been introduced.
- [NEW] New Combat Herblore Potion - Divine Potion - Chance to not consume Prayer Points. This one was created by **penguinswin3** (I had a lot of Prayer potion suggestions, this one stood out)
- [NEW] New Combat Herblore Potion - Lucky Herb Potion - Chance to turn a dropped Herb Seed into a grown Herb. This potion idea was submitted without a username.
- [NEW] New Patreon Item - Aorpheat's Signet Ring (Aorpheat) - All GP drops are doubled, +5% chance to obtain double loot from slain monsters or Thieving, +10% chance to gain double resources from any skill. Can only be obtained by combining / upgrading Signet Ring Half A & B. One half is found during normal combat, the other half is found while skilling. Remember to wear a Gold Topaz Ring at all times to be able to get these halves..
- [NEW] Added a setting to enable Virtual Levels.
- [NEW] You can now see how many charges a potion has from the Bank tooltip.
- [NEW] Clicking on your Slayer Task will now jump directly to that enemy and start combat.
- [NEW] Clicking the header for each shop category (Except Materials) will now toggle its view setting.
- [NEW] Augury Prayer now also provides +10% Magic Damage
- [NEW] A "Fix my Save" button has been added to the settings. If you experience issues with your local save, then clicking this button may resolve it. All it does is "import" your existing save back into the game and refreshes the window. This tactic seems to work for most save issues. I cannot guarantee that it will fix your save.
- [NEW] There is now an error message when loading a broken Cloud Save that will allow you to load your Local Save instead (Or logout).
- [NEW] Runecrafting now displays locked Runes (Just like the other Crafting skills).
- [NEW] Potion Menu in the Header now displays the amount of potion charges.
- [NEW] You can now toggle the Auto Use Potion setting directly from the Potions menu.
- [NEW] There is now a setting to edit the formatting of numbers for >= 1000000.
- [NEW] Item Upgrading now supports multi-item requirements.
- [CHANGE] Cooking is now completely idle from the start.
- [CHANGE] Updated the Combat UI.
- [CHANGE] Herblore Tier IV potions are now unlocked at Mastery Level 65, down from 80.
- [CHANGE] Doubled (and a bit more for Emerald) the Crafting XP provided by all Rings and Necklaces. Diamond Jewellery XP rates increased by 200%. Gold Jewellery also provides slightly more XP than Silver Jewellery.
- [CHANGE] Crafting XP for Green/Blue/Red dragonhide gear has been reduced by 20%. Black dragonhide XP has been left untouched.
- [CHANGE] Skill & Mastery Progress Bars now show exact changes in XP and now allows you to see tiny incrementals in progress (The % no longer rounds down to the nearest whole number).
- [CHANGE] Herblore potion now provides a second potion of a random tier, rather than replacing the potion you create.
- [CHANGE] Updated the look of the progress bar for Skills & Mastery progress when reaching Level 99.
- [FIXED] Compost All will no longer deduct 2,000 GP if it is not able to compost anything. However, if you click this button three or or times in one session for some unknown reason, it will start deducting the gold again.
- [FIXED] Potentially fixed issue with crops insta-growing in some specific circumstances.
- [FIXED] Hard Leather Gloves now has the correct level requirement.
- [FIXED] Rune Essence quantity now updates correctly when mining Rune Essence in the Runcrafting screen.
- [FIXED] Fixed milestone placements for Slayer and Herblore.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue where mastery tokens would provide unlimited uses.
- [FIXED] Fixed display issues on Dark Mode.
- [FIXED] Removed duplicate Black Sword drop from Black Knight.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where the game would not save upon creating a new account.
- [FIXED] Fixed incorrectly named Golbins.
- [REMOVED] The map of Melvor has been shelved.
Alpha v0.12.2 (17th February 2020)
I promise this update won't delete your save!
- [NEW] There is now an option to Download your save from the "Export Save" screen when refreshing into an update.
- [CHANGE] The game now auto-saves locally every 10 seconds, as apposed to after every action which would sometimes be several times per second. This should release some of the stress on your computer.
- [CHANGE] The update notification that is displayed prior to refreshing the game has a completely new look. You are now also able to Download / Export your save from this notification before refreshing.
- [CHANGE] The Cloud / User Settings dropdown will no longer disappear when you click "Force Save". This allows you to see the save state and ensure the game saves prior to exiting.
- [CHANGE] Lighting a Bonfire will no longer stop/interrupt other skills.
- [FIXED] I believe the issue with the game telling you there is an update on loading has been fixed. Further confirmation required, but it worked on multiple saves within the dev environment.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue where logging into a cloud account where the cloud save is blank would stop the game from loading completely. Now, the game will load the local save instead, and will automatically fix the cloud save upon auto saving / force saving.
- [FIXED] Augury Prayer now provides the correct stats.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where an enemy would not die if bleeding causes them to go under 1 HP (And a final attack was required to finish the battle).
- [FIXED] The +5 Compost button in Farming will now only use the required amount of compost to fill the bar to 100%.
- [FIXED] Slightly optimised some combat functions.
- [FIXED] The text in the bank that tell you about the "Click and Drag" now shows up correctly on Dark Mode.
- [FIXED] Some spelling errors have been rectified.
Alpha v0.12.1 (16th February 2020)
This update addresses some of the feedback received after the last Major Update. I will continue to adjust according to feedback over the next few days!
- [NEW] New Combat Potion added to Herblore - Diamond Luck Potion - Your chance to hit an enemy is luck (Roll chance to hit twice, use the better option). Requires Level 85 Herblore and uses 1 Barrentoe Herb and 1 Diamond to make. Potion suggestion submitted by Scrapless
- [NEW] Farming UI now shows current amount of Compost in Bank.
- [CHANGE] Herblore now has a 1 in 400 chance to drop a mastery token per action. Down from 1 in 1000
- [CHANGE] Damage Reduction Potion charges increased to 10/15/20/30, up from 3/3/3/5
- [CHANGE] Damage Reduction Potion % benefit increased to 2/4/6/10, up from 1/2/5/10
- [CHANGE] Chapeau Noir no longer provides melee defence bonuses.
- [CHANGE] Updated the Auto Eat text to be more specific.
- [CHANGE] Herb Sacks now only provide up to 5 of a Herb Seed, down from 10.
- [CHANGE] Slightly increased the drop chance of Carrot Seeds and Snape Grass Seeds from Thieving the Farmer.
- [FIXED] Farming timers should no longer go into negatives.
- [FIXED] You can no longer purchase a second Skillcape of the same Skill from the Shop.
- [FIXED] Fixed Lemontyle grow time.
- [FIXED] Auto eat symbol now shows in Thieving.
Alpha v0.12 - A Potion's Aid (12th February 2020)
Welcome to the next Major Update for Melvor Idle! Firstly, I just want to give an huge shoutout to every single person playing this game. It is beyond belief to see the kind of responses I have seen throughout the community. It makes me so happy to be doing this, and makes me want to push harder to produce content that everyone will hopefully enjoy. Another huge thank you to all the Patreon Supporters! You are all amazing, and I hope to get all of you involved in future of the game as best I can. Now, on to the update! Let's see what has been added.
Herblore is also know as Potion Making. A skill dedicated to the creating of various potions that provides unique advantages throughout the game. Every single potion requires a specific Herb to create. These Herbs can be grown via Farming, where the seeds can be collected through means such as Combat or Thieving the Farmer (Who drops a Herb sack quite often). These Herbs all have an varied grow times, and can be planted in their dedicated patches in Farming. Each Potion has 4 Tiers, with each Tier increasing the benefits provided by the potion itself. These tiers are locked behind Mastery Levels, which can be leveled up by simply making the Potions. To use the potions you have in your bank, you will notice a little Potion icon at the top right of the screen. This will provide you access to use potions for the skill you currently have selected. This little menu automatically lists the potions in your bank that can be used for that selected skill. Only one potion can be active per skill. Combat is classed as one skill. You can only have one Combat Potion active at a time. Be sure to check the Settings page for the option to Auto Re-use potions when they deplete!
Here is something for those who enjoy Combat! This update introduced Special Attacks for specific weapons. These special attacks can be used in combat to gain a slight advantage over the monster your a fighting. You are able to use a special attack every 2 minutes. Currently, these are the weapons that have special attacks: All Ancient Weapons, Dragon Claw, All Ice Weapons, Sunset Rapier (new), Elite Magic Wand. More special attacks will be added down the track!
This update introduces what I like to call Equipment Sets. These are basically presets you are able to customise to utilise in Combat. You can purchase two extra Equipment sets from the shop. In doing so, this will let you equip items into your desired set from the bank. These equipment sets act as extra bank slots for your weapons and armour. Within Combat, you can switch between the sets seemlessly as you wish.
Farming UI Update
Farming has received a slight make-over. With the introduction of Herblore, the existing Farming setup did not work. This UI update brings a few nifty features that I'm sure everyone will love. The Farming areas have been removed and have been replaced with 3 categories of plots - Allotments (14 max plots), Herbs (9 max plots) & Trees (4 max plots). Starting off Farming, you are provided with minimal plots, with the option to purchase more as long as you have the GP & Level requirement to do so. With the UI update also comes three new options - Harvest All, Compost All and Plant All. No explanation required as to what these do. They also cost a bit of GP per use. Due to an unexplained anomaly that passed over the lands of Melvor, existing Farming areas have been perished. Locals are baffled by this event. Nobody can explain how this occured.
- [NEW] Herblore has been introduced.
- [NEW] Approximately 80 Potions have been introduced.
- [NEW] 8 new Herbs have been introduced, along with their respective seeds.
- [NEW] Special Attacks have been introduced.
- [NEW] A new Equipment Icon has been added next to your username in the top right. This menu gives quick access to your Equipment.
- [NEW] Farming UI has been updated - Farming Areas have been replaced with three different plot types - Allotments, Herbs and Trees.
- [NEW] You can now purchase new Farming plots, as long as you meet the specified requirements.
- [NEW] Plant All, Harvest All and Compost All buttons added to Farming. These cost minimal GP to use.
- [NEW] Auto-eating has been introduced. You can purchase this from the Shop. There are 3 tiers of auto eating, with increased benefits per tier.
- [NEW] Various monsters around Melvor now drop Herb seeds.
- [NEW] Herb Sacks have been added to the game. These can be thieved from the Farmer, which can then be opened to receive up to 10 of a certain Herb Seed.
- [NEW] You can now sort your bank yourself by dragging and dropping the bank items in the order of your choice. On mobile, you need to click and hold for 400ms before you can move an item.
- [NEW] Sell ALL option added to the bank. Use with caution. No refunds.
- [NEW] Goblin Village has been added as a low level combat area.
- [NEW] Graveyard has been added as a low-to-medium level combat area.
- [NEW] Added a Leech to the Wet Forest.
- [NEW] Added the Chest of Witwix, as a small thank you to the Twitch Streamer Witwix for showing support for the game. This chest has a 1/100 chance to drop from the Leech.
- [NEW] Added the first ever "Easter Egg" item to the game. Lets see who can find it.
- [NEW] Introduced Hard Leather Ranged armour. This requires Level 10 Ranged to equip, and is slightly better than standard Leather Armour. This armour can be crafted, and also bridges the large level gap between Crafting Levels.
- [NEW] New Patreon Item - Sunset Rapier (NewSon) - A high accuracy weapon. Has a special attack which makes the enemy bleed for 100% of the damage dealt over 10 seconds. Can be found by slaying the Krakan in the Deep Sea Ship Dungeon.
- [NEW] New Patreon Item - Chapeau Noir (ChapeauNoir) - New head slot item. While equipped, you have a chance to receive double the loot from slaying enemies, or from Thieving. Low chance to receive while performing any Thieving action.
- [NEW] You can now hide the Combat & Skills menu in the sidebar by using the eye icon to toggle its view.
- [NEW] You can now click through all notifications.
- [NEW] The Helmet icon on the combat screen now updates dynamically with your currently equipped helmet
- [NEW] You will now be greeted with an error screen if the game fails to load. This error screen will also show you the error that caused this to happen.
- [NEW] You can now get Carrot Seeds from Bird Nests.
- [NEW] Hitpoint notifications have been added. This can be disabled in the settings if you wish.
- [NEW] The game will now remember your default setting for List / Map view.
- [NEW] Tooltips have been added to the dropped loot section of combat.
- [CHANGE] Bank slots price has been reduced.
- [CHANGE] Base hitpoint regeneration formula is now 1 + (HP Level / 10).
- [CHANGE] Hitpoint Regeneration interval is now performed every 10s, down from every 60s.
- [CHANGE] Hitpoints Skillcape benefit changed from +50 HP Regen per minute to +10 HP regen per 10s.
- [CHANGE] Updated the chest opening notification, which includes an animation for each item you received.
- [CHANGE] The default setting for confirmation on close is now set to disabled.
- [CHANGE] The High Lands Slayer area now requires Level 60 Slayer to enter, up from Level 50.
- [CHANGE] The Desolate Slayer area now requires Level 70 Slayer to enter, up from Level 60.
- [CHANGE] Slightly updated the UI for Combat & Slayer areas in list view.
- [CHANGE] Piety Prayer now provides 12% Melee Strength Bonus, down from 20%.
- [CHANGE] Bowstring now costs 24GP to buy, up from 7GP
- [CHANGE] Ancient Melee Armour pieces now provide Melee Strength Bonuses.
- [CHANGE] Ancient Melee Armour pieces have slightly increased Melee Defence Stats.
- [CHANGE] Melee Slayer Armour strength bonuses reduced by 2.
- [CHANGE] The helmet icon for Equipment in the combat screen now updates dynamically with your equipped Helmet.
- [CHANGE] Created a new section in the settings specifically for notification.
- [CHANGE] Gold Ruby Ring now provides +10% HP Regeneration. Changed from providing 10 - 30 HP / minute.
- [CHANGE] Icons for Mastery Tokens have been changed. They now display the skill it is used for on the icon. Big thank you to Medivh for making these!
- [FIXED] Extreme lag caused by notifications when opening a large amount of chests in one go has been fixed (I disabled the notifications form showing).
- [FIXED] Optimised item opening functions.
- [FIXED] Runecrafting screen for your currently selected Runecraft now updates correctly upon level up (Specifically for the Mastery benefits).
- [FIXED] Issues with Cloud Save not auto saving has been looked into, and hopefully fixed. Further confirmation required by players.
- [FIXED] Prayer bonuses no longer provide 1% passive increase in stats.
- [FIXED] Background colour for lost Hitpoints on Dark Mode is now red, instead of gray.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue where Rune Essence mastery started at Level 0.
- [FIXED] Fixed tooltip errors with the Fishing Rod where it was displaying incorrect values on the Skill screen.
- [FIXED] Fixed incorrect values on upgraded gear.
- [FIXED] Fixed the tooltip positioning errors for bank items.
- [REMOVED] Removed the setting to turn the skills menu into a collapsible menu.
Alpha v0.11.2 (17th January 2020)
This update pushes some requested QoL features, bug fixes & and new additions to the game.
- [NEW] Slayer Amour variants for Ranged & Magic have been added (I will redo the layout of the shop in the next update).
- [NEW] Big Bones have been added. Thes provide +3 Prayer Points when burried. Can be claimed from Hill Giants, Moss Giants, Frozen Mammoths, Griffins, Pegasus, and all Horned Elites.
- [NEW] You can now view the item contents of chest rewards from the Dungeon Selection screen by clicking on the name of the item.
- [NEW] Loot All button added to the combat screen.
- [NEW] Loot screen now shows how many loot slots are remaining.
- [NEW] There is now some text shown in the looting screen that makes players aware of the Amulet of Looting, and where it can be found.
- [NEW] There is now a minimum combat level implemented for Slayer Task monsters. If your combat level is greater than 50, then you will only receive tasks where the enemy's combat level is greater than your combat level divided by 4.
- [CHANGE] All Magic Wand attack speeds are now 2.6s, down from 3s.
- [CHANGE] Elite Magic Wand's Magic Damage bonus increased to 12%, up from 5%.
- [CHANGE] Book of Eli's Magic Damage bonus increased to 10%, up from 5%
- [CHANGE] Scattered Goo Monster now has a 2% chance to drop an item, down form 5%.
- [CHANGE] New slayer task cost is now capped at 2,000 SC.
- [CHANGE] Lowered the Slayer Task Combat Level cap to 100, down from 115. This cap assists in determining what monsters can be selected for Slayer Tasks. If your combat level is lower than the cap, you will not receive a task for a monster that has a greater combat level than you. If your combat level is over this cap, you could receive much harder monsters to fight.
- [CHANGE] All types of bones now have a 100% chance to drop, regardless of the base enemy loot chance.
- [CHANGE] Image for bones adjusted for the inclusion of big bones.
- [CHANGE] Firemaking is now idle from the start. This in turn removes the mastery benefits from Firemaking. This will be re-evaluated in a future update.
- [CHANGE] Starting bank space is now 8, up from 4. This change also means everyone gets an extra 4 bank slots.
- [CHANGE] Items classed as Bones (Bones, Big Bones, Holy Dust, Magic Bones) now stack in the loot container. They will always stack at the first position. There is no stack limit.
- [CHANGE] Melvor Cloud now allows for passwords up to 64 characters.
- [FIXED] Combat level now updates correctly upon leveling up, rather than staying the same number until you refresh.
- [FIXED] Reduced the lag when equipping and unequipping items by roughly 80%.
- [FIXED] Bug where you would be able to receive a Fire Cape without actually completing the Volcanic Dungeon.
- [FIXED] Equipping and unequipping items no longer counts towards the "Item found" statistic.
- [FIXED] Issue where HP regen would fire every attack if you had enough XP for "Level 100" HP has been fixed.
- [FIXED] Some issues with tooltips getting stuck in the top left of the screen have been fixed.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue where Mining Pickace Tooltip was displaying Woodcutting Axe values, rather than the pickaxe values.
- [FIXED] Some spelling mistakes have been sorted
- [FIXED] Missing Slayer milestones restored.
- [FIXED] Fixed setting tooltips.
Alpha v0.11.1 (14th January 2020)
This update details a lot of fixes that have been applied since the recent major update.
- [NEW] There is now an option to disable the confirmation that appears when attempting to close the game.
- [CHANGE] The game will no longer give you a Slayer Task for an enemy you do not have the ability to access.
- [FIXED] Fixed errors with save loading, where undefined variables would basically stop the game from loading completely.
- [FIXED] Fixed issued with dungeons becoming inaccessible.
- [FIXED] Fixed Augury Prayer which provided NaN values for combat.
- [FIXED] Fixed Redemption Prayer which unintentionally activated if your health was greater than 0.
- [FIXED] Healing values for food displayed in the bank screen now display correctly.
- [FIXED] Fixed issues where some items were not able to be upgraded, even if you had the requires resources to do so.
- [FIXED] Fixed error where all Slayer Platebodies would provide NaN Slayer XP when equipped.
- [FIXED] Completion log now displays correct percentages.
- [FIXED] Carrots now have mastery correctly applied.
- [FIXED] Thieving max hits are now correct.
- [FIXED] Gold Sapphire & Gold Ruby ring values now display correctly.
- [FIXED] Gold Diamond Ring now correctly flees at 10% HP, instead of 1%.
- [FIXED] You can now view item stats for wands.
- [FIXED] Collapsible menu for skill now correctly displays skill levels and information.
- [FIXED] Kills should now successfully track for all enemies.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue with Chicken Dungeon providing +NaN Egg Chests as a reward, causing it to break your bank upon load.
Alpha v0.11 - Slayer of Hop (17th January 2020)
Welcome to the next Major Update for Melvor Idle!
This update introduces two new skills in the game, as well as an assortment of additions, balance changes and bug fixes.
Prayer provides players with the benefit of using buffs in combat to gain an advantage over the enemy. Using what's called Prayer Points, obtained by burying bones, you can activate these buffs within the combat screen at any time. There is currently 25 different prayers for you to explore, each unlocked as you level Prayer, as well as having different and sometimes unique benefits. Please make sure to read the tooltip provided so you know exactly how many prayer points you will be using so you do not lose track! Gaining of Prayer Points is as easy as burying the bones you obtain within the bank screen. Regarding Prayer XP - You gain a base of 1 xp per (damage / 10) in combat. To gain further Prayer XP, some prayers provide bonus XP when active. Be sure to read which ones! There is no limit to the amount of Prayer Points you can have.
Slayer revolves around defeating specific Monsters within Melvor to gain XP. As you level your Slayer, you will gain access to unique areas, which sometimes contain unique, slayer only items that will provide massive advantageous in combat. With the introduction of Slayer comes a new currency - Slayer Coins. These coins can be obtained by completing Slayer Tasks (Obtained in Combat Screen) which can then be spend accordingly in the new Slayer section of the Shop! As well as the new currency, I have introduced 5 new Slayer Areas. These areas contain new, unique monsters for you to fight against. Some Slayer areas are gated behind a Slayer Level requirement, as well as an item requirement (Where you are required to have a specific item equipped to gain access). There is also unique drops to find within these areas. And trust me, you will want them.
There is two ways gain Slayer XP
- Completing Slayer Tasks (Don't worry, the game won't give you a monster that you cannot kill. However, it is possible to get a monster you cannot access. You will need to requst a new task in this case).
- Monsters located in Slayer Areas always provide some Slayer XP, but not as much as Slayer Tasks.
Combat Number Adjustment
This update also includes a change to the numbers game for Combat. To put it simply; all Hitpoint values, damage values, eating values, and maximum hit values have been multiplied by 10. The reasoning behind this is simply due to a progression standpoint. Playing with larger numbers allows smaller incrementals of progression, that way you can really see how you are progressing through the game. For example, prior to this change, it would take quite some time to go from a maximuim hit of 2 to 3. Now, you can increment through all values of 20 to 30. A simple change, but one I feel was completely necessary.
This update also includes the introduction of Monster Statistics, as well as a revamp to Item Statistics. Under Completion Log Menu, you will now see a Monster tab. Selecting this will show you all the Monsters you have defeated, as well as handy stats relating to that monster (Hover over the monster). The Item Log has also been adjusted to show many many different stats per item (Hover over the item). Most stats for items will only show if you have more than 0 of that stat.
The stats that are tracked for Monsters:
- Times killed by player.
- Times player killed enemy
- Times enemy killed player
- Total damage taken by player
- Total damage dealt to player
- Total successful hits to player
- Total successful hits from player
- Total attacks to player that missed
- Total player attacks dodged
- Total times seen monster
- Total times player ran away from monster
The stats that are tracked for Items:
- Times received
- Times sold
- Total GP gained from selling
- Total damage dealt with weapon & quiver (If ranged)
- Total attacks performed with weapon & quiver (If Ranged)
- Total missed attacks with weapon & quiver (If ranged)
- Total damage taken with item equipped (Does not count for weapons or arrows)
- Enemies killed with weapon
- Times item lost due to death
- Total amount of arrows / runes used in combat (If you preserve an arrow or rune, it does not add count).
- Times food has been eaten
- Total health gained by eating the food
- Total time waiting for seed to grow
- Total times seed has died during growth
- Total successful grows
- Total amount of item harvested
- Times opened (Chests and bird nests)
- [NEW] Prayer has been introduced.
- [NEW] Slayer has been introduced.
- [NEW] 25 different Prayers have been introduced.
- [NEW] 5 new Slayer Areas have been introduced.
- [NEW] 23 new monsters have been introduced.
- [NEW] A small new area of Melvor has been explored to the West.
- [NEW] All hitpoint, damage, eating and max hit values have been multiplied by 10.
- [NEW] Monster Statistics have been introduced.
- [NEW] Item Statistics have been revamped.
- [NEW] Combat levels have been introduced for Players and Monsters. This is a good indication to show you how powerful you are compared to the monsters. Combat Levels will show by default instead of stats for monsters. There is a setting to change this if you wish.
- [NEW] Mastery Tokens have been added to the game for all non-combat skills. There is a small chance to gain a Mastery Token for the respective skill, which when claimed will provide +1 level to a random Mastery for that skill. Farming has a much higher chance to receive tokens. Or you may sell them for 1,500 GP each.
- [NEW] Live Bank Search feature. Allows you to search using Bank Item name, catergory, type & Item ID.
- [NEW] New setting to change the display of the Skills in the Sidebar. The setting will collapse the skills into a group which can be hidden.
- [NEW] Carrots (and Seeds) have been added to the game. This new Allotment can be farmed at level 69. Seeds can only be gained by the Farmer in Theiving
- [NEW] Damage Reduction now applies to Thieving
- [NEW] Dragon & Ancient Claws have been added to the game. These can only be obtained by combining 100 of their respective fragments to create. These high speed, high accuracy, high strength and high defence weapons are highly sought after. The fragments can only be found in the High Lands Slayer area.
- [NEW] Holy Dust has been added. These are classed as "Bones" and can be buried to receive 5 prayer points per use. All monsters found in the Holy Lands Slayer area drop Holy Dust 100% of the time.
- [NEW] Wands have been added. These are one-handed magic weapons that have higher stats than staffs. However, they do not provide rune benefits.
- [NEW] Ancient Arrows have been added. These can be found as a drop from the Desolate Plains Slayer area only.
- [NEW] Ancient 2H Sword has been introduced. This can only be obtained by slaying the Dark Horned Elite, located in the Desolate Plains slayer area.
- [NEW] New Patreon Item (Hxlmer) - Bobbys Pocket. This has a 1% chance to drop per thieving action. Provides a nice GP bump when sold.
- [NEW] New Patreon Item (Eliass) - Book of Eli. This is an offhand Magic Book that can be equipped to provide further Magic benefits. Only obtainable from the Hall of Wizards dungeon.
- [NEW] The bankend of the Melvor Cloud has been redone. It now uses token based authentication which is stored in the form of cookies to ensure persistant logins. This should keep you logged in for at least 1 month before it logs you out. If your browser blocks any form of cookies from being stored, this will of course not work.
- [NEW] There is now a confirmation popup that warns you before closing the game / browser / tab.
- [NEW] Added a line of text to food items in the bank, so you can see how much HP it heals before equipping it.
- [CHANGE] Adjusted the layout of the enemy combat screen.
- [CHANGE] Updated the look of the Mining Skill to be pretty much the same as Woodcutting. Mining now displays mastery level and xp rates as well.
- [CHANGE] Reduced the max hit of Air based Magic spells.
- [CHANGE] Minimum cost of Gem Gloves is now 500K GP and provides 2,000 charges per purchase. Up from 125K GP and 500 charges (Still same price per charge).
- [CHANGE] Upgrading of Armour now has a GP cost attached to it.
- [CHANGE] Adjusted the necklace item descriptions to be more "generic".
- [CHANGE] Dungeon boss images are now larger than the standard monster image sizes.
- [CHANGE] Moss Giant Attack / Strength / Defence levels are now 50, up from 30.
- [CHANGE] Moss Giant chance to drop an item is now 75%, down from 100%.
- [CHANGE] Moss Giant can now drop Starwberry Seeds.
- [CHANGE] Slightly lowered all stats of the Master Farmer.
- [CHANGE] Master Farmer (Combat) no longer drops Cabbage Seeds.
- [CHANGE] Snape Grass seeds now provide 92 XP per harvest, down from 106.
- [CHANGE] Gold bars now sell for 132 GP, up from 88 GP.
- [CHANGE] Base cutting interval for magic trees reduced to 20s. Down from 25s.
- [CHANGE] Dragonite bars now sell for 605 GP, up from 511 GP.
- [CHANGE] Increased the sale price for all Dragon Armour and Weapons by quite a bit.
- [CHANGE] Increased the minimum and maximum gold rewards for completing all dungeons by 40%.
- [CHANGE] Blue Dragons now drop up to 175 coins per kill, up from 100.
- [CHANGE] Red Dragons now drop up to 325 coins per kill, up from 200.
- [CHANGE] Black Dragons now drop up to 600 coins per kill, up from 500.
- [CHANGE] The Seagull in Sandy Shores can now drop up to 55 feathers, up from 20.
- [CHANGE] Bandits, Bandit Trainees and the Bandit Leader now have an attack speed of 2 seconds, down from 2.6 seconds.
- [CHANGE] Increased HP of Bandit Leader to 1500, up from 900.
- [CHANGE] Dark Wizards now drop Magic Bones.
- [CHANGE] Dark Wizards HP is now 1,100. Honestly forgot what the original HP was, but it was less.
- [CHANGE] Updated the drop rates for gems. New drop rates are (New rate / Old rate): - Topaz (50% / 40%), Sapphire (17.5% / 20%), Ruby (17.5% / 20%), Emerald(10% / 12.5%), Diamond (5% / 7.5%).
- [CHANGE] Mithril Knight now has a 25% chance to drop an item, up from 10%.
- [CHANGE] Adamant Knight now has a 15% chance to drop an item, up from 5%.
- [CHANGE] All items that drop from Rune Knight now have the same chance to drop.
- [CHANGE] Frozen Archer now looks Frozen.
- [CHANGE] Removed the slight transparancy with Tooltips.
- [CHANGE] Updated the way in which loot drop quantities are defined. This in-turn fixes issues with monsters dropping odd values of specific items.
- [FIXED] Non-boss dungeon monsters now update kill counts correctly
- [FIXED] Cooking Gloves and Cooking Skillcape now correctly apply 100% success rate.
- [FIXED] Skill levels now correctly capped at 99, as apposed to 100. This stops constant notifications from popping up during combat training.
- [FIXED] Category is now spelt correctly in the items file.
- [FIXED] Some map image errors which made the map look "cut off" have been fixed.
- [FIXED] Page Header is now fixed for all screen resolutions.
- [FIXED] Issue where popovers get stuck on screen until refresh in the bank has been resolved.
- [FIXED] Cleaned up item notification code. This fixes some missed item notification bugs.
- [FIXED] Errors when attempting to load the game without a local save, while logged into the Cloud.
- [FIXED] Upgrading of Runes / Staff now use the correct amount of resources, instead of using 1 extra.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where a specific set of actions were perform which caused an old monster selection screen to appear from previous game versions.
- [REMOVED] Removed the tooltips from the sidebar for now. Will revisit this later to make it less clunky and intrusive.
Alpha v0.10.2 (12th December 2019)
- [NEW] Three new combat areas have been added - Sandy Shores, Giant Dungeon & Icy Hills.
- [NEW] Each new combat area contains some new monsters to fight.
- [NEW] Melee combat gloves have been added to the game for Bronze to Dragon (Except Black). These gloves provide attack benefits as well as defence benefits. These can be smithed.
- [NEW] A setting to hide GP notifications has been added.
- [NEW] The game now checks for an update every minute. If an update is detected, a large ugly looking notification is displayed that cannot be removed until you refresh.
- [CHANGE] Frozen Cove dungeon chest can now drop an Ice Shield.
- [CHANGE] The Import Save function will now automatically reload the page after two seconds.
- [FIXED] Smithing Items are now displayed in the correct order in the Smithing Skill screen.
- [FIXED] Smithing Items are now displayed neatly in the Mastery screen.
- [FIXED] The HTTPS check has been rectified and reinstated.
- [FIXED] Fletching XP is now displayed in the correct spot.
- [FIXED] Dark Mode background has been reinstated.
- [FIXED] )
Alpha v0.10.1 (9th December 2019)
- [NEW] Black Knights have been added to the Castle of Kings combat area. They drop... wait for it... Black Armour & Weapons.
- [NEW] There is now an option above the Combat Map to switch between Map View and List View.
- [NEW] The Item Log will now update with the items you have in your bank on load.
- [CHANGE] Cooking Success Rate is now capped at 99% (Unless you have the skillcape equipped).
- [CHANGE] Updated the graphics for all weapons from Bronze to Dragon, plus Ice. (You may need to clear your cache to view the changes)
- [CHANGE] Master Farmer no longer drops Potato or Onion seeds.
- [CHANGE] Updated the Magic and Ranged levels of the monsters in the Volcanic Cave Dungeon.
- [CHANGE] Prat, the Serpent of Fire is now a Ranged-Type monster.
- [FIXED] Combat Skill Tooltips now update correctly.
- [FIXED] Bones now Auto loot correctly with the Amulet of Looting.
- [FIXED] Upgrading of Armour using x10+ options has been rectified (I basically just disabled the option).
- [FIXED] Buy X has been fixed, which caused a massive item duplication error.
- [FIXED] Gloves in the shop now actually give you the correct gloves.
- [FIXED] Gem Gloves no longer work on Rune Essence.
- [FIXED] Most Milestones are now shown in the Milestones tab.
- [FIXED] Dragonhide Ranged gear now has the correct Magic Defence stats.
- [FIXED] Magic stats now correctly show on item stats.
Alpha v0.10 - Welcome to Melvor (5th December 2019)
Welcome to the next Major Update for Melvor Idle! And the first update with a title - Welcome to Melvor
Alpha v0.10 is the largest update I have released to date for this game. Many additions have been included which will set the path this game will take from here-on. Thank you to everyone who has been here on this journey with me. I hope I can continue provide updates to this game that everyone will enjoy.
Now, let's see what the big inclusions are.
Welcome to Melvor.
A vast, mystical landscape that is just waiting to be explored. Traverse the harsh lands and encountered various enemies and dungeons which await your arrival.
This map will represent Melvor as a whole. Finally adding world-building elements to the game is a big step in creating something interesting. It allows for so many possibilities in the future, which I am excited to share with you all.
Combat Area selection has been changed to physical locations that you can select from the map. The black sections of the map represent unexplored territory. Who know what we will find out there?
Magic has been added to the game!!
In its current state, Magic is solely a Combat skill, designed to output high damage, whilst trading your defence in return.
There is currently 20 damage-dealing skills to use in combat. You are required to wield a magical staff to use Magic (Will touch on this below).
My plans for Magic are to also add buff/debuff spells alongside non-combat Magic skills like Alching and Enchantment. Watch this skill closely as it develops!
You are required to equip a Staff to use Magic in combat
What good is Magic without the Runes?? Here we have Runecrafting - a very basic, yet important skill for those who wish to train Magic
Craft Runes using the Rune Essence you collect from Mining, which can be then used in Combat to gain an advantage over enemies.
Air, Water, Earth and Fire Runes can be upgraded in the Bank to produce a Magical Staff. These Staffs can be upgraded further to provide more benefits.
Now that we have all three combat skills/types in the game, the implementation of the Combat Triangle as also been included.
When you face an enemy in Combat, you will now see that they have an 'Attack Type'. This can either be Melee, Ranged or Magic. This determines the evasion statistic that will be used in combat.
For example - if you are facing an enemy with the Ranged attack type, your Ranged Evasion Rating will be used as your 'Defence'. This is the same for enemies, based on your Attack Type.
The general rule of thumb is Melee > Ranged / Ranged > Magic / Magic > Melee. But this also depends on the gear you have equipped.
They're here, they're finally here! For those of you who love to brag, these are just the thing for you.
Skillcapes are somewhat of a 'Trophy' that you can acquire upon reaching Level 99 in its respective skill. Once you reach that glorious max level, the Shop will allow you to purchase the Skillcape for 1,000,000 GP.
Each Skillcape comes with its own unique benefit for the skill it is acquired for. Skillcapes also provide base Melee, Ranged and Magic Defence stats of +9. If you manage to lose your Skillcape in battle, you may purchase another one from the shop.
Who can collect them all?
- [NEW] The Map of Melvor has been introduced, replacing the Combat Area selection screen with physical locations to chose from.
- [NEW] Magic has been introduced.
- [NEW] Runecrafting has been introduced.
- [NEW] The Combat Triangle has been introduced, explained above.
- [NEW] Skillcapes for every skill in the game has been added to the game.
- [NEW] Dark Mode has been officially added to the game, which can be enabled in the settings. Thank you to RedSparr0w for allowing me to implement this from his Melvor-Idle Helper Browser Extension.
- [NEW] The Magic Spellbook has been added, which contains 20 different damage-dealing spells to choose from.
- [NEW] 10 Different Runes have been added, which can be crafted in Runecrafting.
- [NEW] Rune Essence can now be mined at Level 1 mining. This provides very low Mining XP, but produces a base of 2 Rune Essence per action and is quite fast. It also only has a 1 second respawn timer.
- [NEW] Scimitars have been added to the game. There is one available from Bronze all the way through to Dragon. These are strength based weapons, and currently provide the highest strength bonus for a 1-handed weapon. You can Smith these in the Smithing skill. Special thanks to script for providing the graphics.
- [NEW] Magic Attack, Magic Defence, and +% Magic Damage properties have been added and enabled for all combat related Gear.
- [NEW] Staff of Air, Staff of Water, Staff of Earth and Staff of Fire has been added as an upgradable item from Runes. These provide unlimited quantities of the respective Rune to use when equipped.
- [NEW] Battlestaff and Mystic Staff varieties have been added to the Elemental Staffs, as an upgradable option.
- [NEW] Green, Blue, Red and Black Wizard robes have been addded to the game, which can only be acquired through Combat.
- [NEW] Ancient Wizard Armour has been added, which can only be found in the Wizard Dungeon.
- [NEW] There are new Combat Areas and Dungeons to explore!
- [NEW] Ancient Longbow has been added to the game as a rare drop from the Bandit Base Dungeon. This is currently the best Bow in the game.
- [NEW] A "Completion Log" has been added to the game. This is a basic feature to track some % stats to 100%. This can be found in the Sidebar.
- [NEW] An Item Log has been added. This track all items you find in the game. For all current players, you need to refind the item to log it in the Item Log.
- [NEW] You can now see the Item Stats of your equipped gear when hovering over it in the combat screen.
- [NEW] Sell # option in the bank screen has been updated. This includes to addition of Sell X.
- [NEW] You can now see how much GP Total your sale will provide you.
- [NEW] Tooltips have been added to Fishing to display basic information of the Fish that are available in the area.
- [NEW] Tooltips have been added to each skill in the sidebar to display basic information. If you are Level 99, it will display your "Virtual Level".
- [NEW] Upgrade x10, x100 and x1000 options added.
- [NEW] There is now an option to view the Item Stats for what you are Smithing, Crafting or Fletching on the respective skill screen.
- [NEW] Crafting related skills now show how much of the item you already have in the bank, as well as the XP you will gain from the craft.
- [NEW] Woodcutting now displays XP & Woodcutting speed for each tree.
- [NEW] Monster kills are now tracked behind the scenes. This will be used for future purposes.
- [NEW] Dungeon completion count is also tracked behind the scenes. Again, this will be used for future purposes.
- [NEW] Each log you burn has a 60% chance to automatically provide you with Coal Ore (Too lazy to add Charcoal).
- [NEW] Buy X has been added to the shop.
- [NEW] You can now see a simple comparison between the Cloud Save and Local save within the confirmation window. This comparison will show the Total Skill Level and Current GP of both saves.
- [NEW] When either in Combat or Thieving, the title of the game will now display your current Hitpoints.
- [NEW] There is now a link in the sidebar for the Melvor Idle Wiki. This is a community-run Wiki dedicated to the game that is currently in development. Thank you to mrDLSable for heading the team to get this up and running.
- [CHANGE] Achieving Level 99 in a Skill will now force the large notification, even if you have them disabled.
- [CHANGE] Sell options in the bank look a bit different now to accomodate for the Sell X implementation.
- [CHANGE] Milestones are no longer hidden. You can now see every milestone for the skill.
- [CHANGE] Updated the images of ores to suit graphics style of the game (Thanks again script for providing these)
- [CHANGE] Updated the Upgrade Item screen to accommodate for new combat stats.
- [CHANGE] Maximum loot to collect has been raised to 16 slots, up from 8.
- [CHANGE] Updated the look of the Changelog.
- [CHANGE] Amulet of Glory now sells for 2,500, up from 1,000.
- [CHANGE] Elite Amulet of Accuracy, Defence and Strength now sell for 100,000 GP, up from 1,000 GP.
- [CHANGE] Elite Amulet of Glory now sells for 250,000 GP, up from 1,000 GP.
- [CHANGE] Ancient Sword now sells for 150,000, up from 42,500 GP
- [CHANGE] All Melee Ancient Armour pieces now sell for 250,000 GP.
- [CHANGE] All Ancient Melee Armour has been slightly buffed.
- [CHANGE] Farming Mastery now directly effects the amount of seeds you may receive when harvesting an allotment. Every 10 mastery levels provides a chance at getting an extra seed.
- [CHANGE] Cook x10 is now the starting cook option.
- [CHANGE] Cook x50 now unlocks at Mastery Level 15.
- [CHANGE] The buttons in Cooking now show what Mastery Level is required to unlock.
- [CHANGE] Change username option is now set to Change Character Name, as to not confuse the username associated with Melvor Cloud.
- [FIXED] The Gold Ruby Necklace now correctly provides the displayed stats.
- [FIXED] The duplicate Rune Platebody that drops from the Elite Chest is now corrected to an Adamant Platebody.
- [FIXED] Disabled popover animations in the bank menus, which solves various issues including accidental sales and item duplication.
- [FIXED] Available food to cook is now correctly updated when thieving fish from the Fisherman.
- [FIXED] Some incorrect item stats have been corrected.
- [FIXED] There is now a check on load to source invalid bank items, if found, which will then correct them in the process. If your game happens to break due to a faulty item, refresh the game to fix it.
- [REMOVED] It is with great sadness that I announce the retirement of Pablo, Bruno, Allen, Jeff, John, and Thicc Boi. They served their purpose well, and they will be remembered.
- [REMOVED] Placeholder Combat Areas have been removed.
- [REMOVED] You can no longer purchase Black Dragonhide from the shop. Go and fight a Dragon for it.
- [REMOVED] Cook x1 has been removed.
- [REMOVED] The Level ??? Tree has been removed.
Alpha v0.09.2 (13th November 2019)
- [NEW] You can now see your total skill level on the Statistics page.
- [CHANGE] The sidebar is now slightly compacted to display more options without needing to scroll.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where the Upgrade Item button does not work if you have none of the required bars in your bank.
- [FIXED] Corrected Gold Trimmed Mithril Gear defence bonus.
- [FIXED] Redwood Shortbows and Longbows now display in the Ranged Milestones tab.
- [FIXED] Auto Save setting for Cloud Saves is now actually saved.
- [FIXED] Fixed the broken Treasure Chest image in the Milestones Fishing tab.
Alpha v0.09.1 (12th November 2019)
- [CHANGE] Updated the Quick Sort Bank to a new sorting function, which should now place similar items together. (Special thanks to RedSparr0w for providing the sorting function).
- [FIXED] Amulet of Torture now correctly equips to the Amulet slot.
- [FIXED] Amulet of Torture now drops from the Pirate Booty dungeon chest.
- [FIXED] Renamed Ranger's Hat to Ranger Hat due to it completely destroying the look of the bank.
- [FIXED] Cloud saves now correctly Auto-Save every 5 minutes, as apposed to every 1 minute. This should hopefully be nicer on the server.
- [FIXED] The setting to disable Auto Cloud Saving now actually disables it.
Alpha v0.09 (11th November 2019)
Welcome to the next Major Update for Melvor Idle!
This update focuses on content for combat with the inclusion of Dungeons, as well as many new items to acquire. Some minor changes to other skills have also been introduced.
For those of you who are wanting more Skilling content/changes, it will be saved for v0.10.
Let's have a look at what has been introduced this update.
Dungeons are basically another term to describe Bosses. Your goal is the slay all prior monsters within the dungeon to then face the beast that protects the area.
Each dungeon provides a unique chest as a reward. Inside this chest contains many valuable items for you to obtain.
Note: You are not able to change your equipment or food choice during the dungeons. Choose your options wisely before you start!
Let's see who can beat them all!
This update also brings updated functionality to the Melvor Cloud.
Upon logging in to the Melvor Cloud, it will now attempt to automatically load your save. If the save stored in the Cloud is different to the one you already have loaded, it will prompt you with a few options to ensure we don't step on your toes.
If you are logged into the Cloud, your save will automatically upload to the cloud every 5 minutes. You can force a syncronise by visiting the dropdown menu under your username.
As always, please backup your save before performing any actions as a safeguard.
- [NEW] Dungeons have been added to the game! There are currently six high-rewarding combat dungeons to tackle.
- [NEW] Ancient Armour and the Ancient Sword has been added to the game. Ancient Armour and Weapons have better stats than Dragon. Ancient Armour can also be trimmed. Ancient Gear can only be obtained by the best of the best.
- [NEW] Fire Cape has been added to the game as a guaranteed award for beating the best dungeon in the game.
- [NEW] Amulet of Looting has been added to the game as a Dungeon reward from the Spider Chest.
- [NEW] Ice Armour and Weapons (Including Bows and Arrows) have been added to the game. This is the first 'Hybrid' armour introduced into the game that provides both Melee and Ranged attack and defence bonuses. Obtained by completing the Frozen Cove dungeon only.
- [NEW] Amulet of Fury, Amulet of Torture, and the Amulet of Ranged has been added to the game. Obtained via specific dungeons only.
- [NEW] Extra Melvor Cloud functionality has been added to the game. Including auto-save and auto-load.
- [NEW] A small coloured Cloud Status symbol has been added to your username. Green 'C' means connected, red 'C' means not connected.
- [NEW] Redwood Shortbows and Longbows have been added to the game. These can be Fletched, and are currently the highest tier Fletchable bows in the game.
- [NEW] Dragon's Den has been added to the Combat Areas. This area contains Green, Blue, Red and Black dragons that only drop the respective coloured dragonhide.
- [NEW] Farming areas now display 'Ready to harvest' when a crop inside has grown
- [NEW] Cook x50 has been added for acquiring Level 20 mastery for the respective fish.
- [NEW] You can now see the Mastery level for your seed in the seed selection screen
- [NEW] Add x5 Compost is now an option in Farming
- [NEW] Viewing item stats for Weapons and Armour will now display what skill levels are required to equip.
- [NEW] You can now view the possible items you can get from a Chest/Bird Nest by clicking 'View Contents' from its respective bank menu. The items are listed in order of most common to most rare.
- [NEW] You can now see your total bank value in the Bank.
- [NEW] The game will now check if you are not running the HTTPS version. If you are not, you will be prompted to export your save and move to the HTTPS version. You cannot dismiss this notification.
- [CHANGE] The formula for bank slot cost has been completely redone (Thanks to Prat for the formula). This makes bank slots later on cost much less than they used to. If you are entitle to a refund, you will receive one upon load.
- [CHANGE] Bank slot prices are now capped at 4m (When it reached that number).
- [CHANGE] Updated the design of Woodcutting Axes (Special thanks to script for providing the graphics)
- [CHANGE] Shortbows base Attack speed is now 2.6s (down from 3s)
- [CHANGE] Longbows now have increased Ranged attack bonus, compared to their counterpart.
- [CHANGE] Crafting and Fletching intervals increased to 3s, up from 2s.
- [CHANGE] Mining pickaxe no longer applies bonus to gems mined with Gem Gloves
- [CHANGE] Slightly increased the prices of all gems.
- [CHANGE] If you hit an enemy for an amount larger than its remaining life, it will now be corrected to equal the remaining amount of HP. This means you will no longer receive extra XP if your hit was larger than the remaining life. (Sorry)
- [CHANGE] Reduced the sale price of Leather to 50gp, down from 75gp.
- [CHANGE] You will now only be able to see the seeds you can actually plant in the Farming Seed selector screen.
- [CHANGE] Updated the look of the Item Opening notifications to look much nicer.
- [CHANGE] Viewing item stats from the bank now has its own option, for clarity.
- [CHANGE] Switched the positions of the Mastery and Milestones tab around.
- [FIXED] Potentially fixed the issue that caused Bank quantities to adjust unpredictably during Crafting related skills.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where combat would stop due to an invalid item ID that was chosen to drop.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where Gloves did not update properly, causing the shop to stop providing the physical gloves if you has lost them.
- [FIXED] An issue where upgrading armour does not work if your bars are in the first slot of your bank
- [FIXED] Upgrade Item window now shows attack bonuses.
- [FIXED] Gold Trimmed Mithril Gear now has the correct Melee Strength Bonus Stats
- [FIXED] Success rate for Thieving correctly updates when the Theiving Gloves deplete.
- [FIXED] Changing tabs when inside of a Farming area now leaves that respective farming area.
- [FIXED] Fixed major, gamebreaking spelling mistake in the Farming milestones tab.
Alpa v0.08.2 (31st October 2019)
Today I am introducing a heavily requested feature, as well as some fixes and changes based on feedback from players.
Welcome to the Cloud!
From the Settings tab, you can access what I like to call the 'Melvor Cloud' - a starting point for exciting things to come.
It has been heavily requested that I add some form of Cloud Saving functionality to the game, and this is the start of that solution.
Upon load you will see a Login / Register page. When you register for an account, your currently loaded save will be syncronised alongside your account creation.
Upon logging in, you will be greeted with two options.
The first is a button that simply links to a text page containing nothing but the currently syncronised save file from the server. Copy / paste this into the import field to load it.
The second option is a syncronise button. Clicking this will overwrite the existing save in the cloud with your currently loaded save.
In its current state, this is a very basic system with a sole purpose to provide a Cloud Save system for your game. There is no auto-syncronise yet, or any other server based functionality. This will come later down the track, please be patient.
- [NEW] Melvor Cloud has been introduced.
- [NEW] Equip xAll for Food and Arrows added as an option.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue with GP value becoming a very large decimal number.
- [FIXED] Woodcutting stats for seconds spent cutting is now displayed correctly.
PLEASE NOTE: I am still investigating a few bugs to do with crafting skills. Hotfixes will be applied when resolved.
Alpha v0.08.1 (30th October 2019)
This update provides urgent fixes for many reported bugs.
Thank you to everyone who is actively helping me with this game. It doesn't go unnoticed, and I appreciate every single one of you for it!
- [CHANGE] Gem Gloves are now priced at 85K GP, up from 50K GP.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue with bank items showing incorrect quantities when Smithing, Fletching or Crafting
- [FIXED] Rings and Necklaces are now priced
- [FIXED] Fixed issue with tooltips getting stuck on screen during Smithing, Fletching and Crafting actions.
- [FIXED] Arrows now disappear from equipment slot when reaching 0 ammo as intended, rather than sticking around at 0 quantity.
- [FIXED] Fixed ranged level requirement for some items.
- [FIXED] Fixed number formatting for XP and GP when items that provide bonuses are used.
- [FIXED] Prices for dragonhide in the shop have been corrected (Hotfix)
- [FIXED] Arrowtips now craft the correct amount (15) instead of 1 (Hotfix)
- [FIXED] Error loading crafting and flecthing for new players has been rectified (Hotfix)
- [FIXED] Equiping arrows now equips the correct amount instead of duplicating (Hotfix)
Alpha v0.08 (29th October 2019)
Welcome to the next major update for Melvor Idle! This update brings along a three new skills for you to train, as well as some other additions and changes throughout the game.
The next update, Alpha v0.09, will have a focus on combat (You can see a little teaser in the Combat Area selector).
Let's take a look at what has been added into the game.
Ranged combat is the latest addition to the combat skills area.
Take advantage of the large damage output from bows and arrows, as well as the inclusion of ranged armour that can assist with your combat.
Ranged combat requires a bow and arrow. Be sure to pay attention to your ammo so you do not get caught out.
Fletching is a very simple skill. Currently, its sole purpose is to provide you with bow and arrow creation.
A simple, yet fast skill to train.
Crafting provides the option to create ranged armour, as well as put your gems to use in creating combat rings and necklaces.
This isn't the fastest skill to train, but the benefits provided by the equipment you can craft makes it something to pay attention to.
- [NEW] Ranged, Fletching and Crafting has been added to the game.
- [NEW] Shortbows and Longbows have been added to the game. Created in Fletching.
- [NEW] Arrows (Bronze to Dragon) have been added to the game. Created in Fletching.
- [NEW] Arrow Tips have been added to the game. These can be created in Smithing (Required to make arrows).
- [NEW] Leather armour has been added to the game. Created in crafting.
- [NEW] Green, Blue, Red and Black Dragonhide armour has been added to the game. Created in Crafting.
- [NEW] Combat Equipment Slots for Rings, Gloves, Capes and Ammo have been added.
- [NEW] Various Gold and Silver Rings and Necklaces have been added to the game. Created in crafting.
- [NEW] Capes have been added to the game, acquired through combat. Currently, the Cape of Prat and Obsidian Cape can be found from certain monsters.
- [NEW] Elite versions of the Amulets of Strength, Accuracy, Defence and Glory have been added to the game as an upgrade.
- [NEW] Gem Gloves have been added to the game, and can be acquired via the Shop. When worn, you will always receive a Gem for each ore mined.
- [NEW] Leather and Feathers have been added to the game as a resource used in Crafting and Fletching.
- [NEW] Cows and Chickens have been added to the game. They can be fought in Combat Area 1 only. They always drop Leather/Feathers respectively.
- [NEW] You can now buy Leather, Bowstring, Dragonhides (Raw Materials) form the Shop.
- [NEW] Statistics for Thieving, Farming, Fletching and Crafting has been added.
- [NEW] You can now see a small Mastery progress bar in Firemaking, Cooking, Smithing, Fletching and Crafting. Others to be added in coming updates.
- [NEW] All Smithing items now have Mastery.
- [NEW] Hovering over your current Axe, Fishing Rod or Pickaxe will now show what bonus it provides.
- [NEW] Hovering over your current GP in the sidebar or Shop will show the exact value.
- [NEW] A small icon has been added next to your Woodcutting axe upgrade to show if you have the Multi Tree Upgrade.
- [NEW] Hovering over items required in a Shop Upgrade now tells you what the item is.
- [NEW] Active Gloves will now show on the respective skill page.
- [CHANGE] Smithing has been completely redesigned.
- [CHANGE] Cost of bank slots have been reduced by 33%. You will receive a refund upon load to accommodate for this change.
- [CHANGE] You are now required to EQUIP the Gloves purchased from the Shop for the effect to take place. Upon load, you will receive the Gloves for your current purchases into your Bank (This ignores bank space requirements).
- [CHANGE] You can now choose which monster to fight in Combat Areas 1 and 2.
- [CHANGE] Thieving Gloves now provide +10% success rate instead of guaranteed 100%.
- [CHANGE] There is now a base 1% chance per action to receive a gem when mining without the Gem Gloves.
- [CHANGE] Dagger attack speed increased to 2.2s, up from 2s
- [CHANGE] Battleaxe attack speed reduced to 3.1s, down from 3.6s
- [CHANGE] 2H Sword attack speed reduced to 3.6s, down from 4.2s
- [CHANGE] All Gem sell prices reduced by roughly 75%
- [CHANGE] Stats for seconds spent smelting bars, and smithing items has been combined into one stat.
- [CHANGE] Farming now says 'About x minutes left'
- [CHANGE] Statistics numbers are now formatted with commas
- [FIXED] Trees now give the correct amount of XP from Farming.
- [FIXED] Fixed issue where smithing double ore and ore preservation chance was not being calculated correctly.
- [FIXED] Open All now shows the correct items received.
- [FIXED] Sale prices in bank are now formatted correctly.
- [FIXED] Thieving visual success rate is now displayed correctly without requiring a refresh.
- [FIXED] Mining stats are now tracked again
- [FIXED] Cooking and Firemaking quantities are now formatted with commas.
- [FIXED] Cooking counter now correctly displays 'All' instead of a negative number
- [FIXED] Farming tab now glows when a crop has grown without requiring a refresh.
- [FIXED] Fixed and issue where GP was not coloured correctly in the sidebar.
- [FIXED] Logs now correctly update for Firemaking when harvesting trees in Farming.
- [FIXED] Updated Farming seed selection look to be nicer on the eyes.
- [FIXED] Minor layout and formatting adjustments.
- [REMOVED] Various stats including GP acquired from woodcutting and fishing, fish sold, logs sold
- [REMOVED] Buy 1x Compost from shop
Alpha v0.07.1 (10th October 2019)
This update provides some minor changes and improvements from last update, as well as some fixes here and there.
- [NEW] A status badge has been added to the rock your are currently mining.
- [CHANGE] Mining will no longer stop if a rock is depleted. Once the rock respawns, it will eventually start mining it again. This change makes Mining pretty much completely idle.
- [CHANGE] Glove purchases can now stack in the Shop.
- [CHANGE] You can now seemlessly switch the rock you are mining (Without having to stop the current one first).
- [FIXED] Fixed a bug where the Amulet of Accuracy didn't actually provide any additional accuracy.
- [FIXED] Treasure Chests can now spawn inside Fishing Area 8.
- [FIXED] Fixed a bug where Mining would not correctly stop when switching to a different skill.
- [FIXED] Fixed a bug that caused the Cut 2x Tree Upgrade to be non-purchasable.
- [FIXED] Fixed a bug where buying the Redwood Cooking Fire would cause the game to had a heart-attack.
- [FIXED] Available logs for Firemaking, and available food for Cooking now updates correctly when looting in combat.
- [FIXED] Fixed minor issue where the final Cooking Fire was called a 'Normal Cooking Fire' as apposed to 'Redwood Cooking Fire'.
- [FIXED] Removed the rogue Amulet of Fishing image in the Fishing Skill tab.
- [FIXED] Fixed spelling errors.
Alpha v0.07 (9th October 2019)
This update focuses on updates to current content within Melvor Idle.
The main focus is on Balance (Except Combat), as well as an array of changes, fixes, optimizations and other QoL inclusions.
I have also added a Patreon link to the sidebar ingame. For those who wish to directly support the development of this game, and receive some benefits along the way, I will be greatly appreciative of that. I won't really be advertising it after this update, but it will be there for those who wish to support. This game will still continue development as usual even with no Patreons.
BALANCE Changes It was too hard to show all the balance changes here, so I created a Google Sheet showing all the changes.
See all the changes here: BALANCE Changes SHEET.
- [NEW] Mining has been redesigned from the ground-up. Rocks now have a set maximum HP. Once this hits 0, the rock will need to regenerate. Each mastery level for the respective ore increases the maximum HP by 1. There is also a 0.5% chance that you will collect a random Gem from mining.
- [NEW] Four degradable Gloves have been added to the shop. Activating these will provide benefits for skills to aid with training.
- [NEW] Amulets have been added to the game, and can be equipped to provide various stats according to the amulet.
- [NEW] Amulet of Strength, Accuracy and Defence has been added to the game and can be acquired through monster drops in Areas 3 - 5.
- [NEW] Amulet of Glory has been added to the game. This can only be obtained as a drop from monsters in Area 6.
- [NEW] Amulet of Fishing has been added to the game. This can be acquired via Treasure Chests obtained while Fishing.
- [NEW] Added Cooking Fires to the game. These can be purchased as an upgrade in the shop to assist with Cooking. This replaces the Cooking Range. Everyone who puchased a Cooking Range has received a refund.
- [NEW] Updated the look of the Mastery Tab. This now also displays your Current Total Mastery Level.
- [NEW] Open xAll option has been added for Bird Nests and Treasure Chests.
- [NEW] Buy 5x Compost is now an option in the Shop.
- [NEW] Allotments in Farming now have a chance to provide seeds when harvested, once Level 10 Mastery has been reached.
- [NEW] The Farming tab now glows green when you have a crop to harvest.
- [NEW] You can now see your current HP next to the Thieving skill tab (Just like the Hitpoints Tab).
- [NEW] A setting to disable item notifications.
- [NEW] You can now see what Farming Level is required for Farming Areas to unlock under the Milestone tab.
- [NEW] Mastery icons are now hidden until you earn at least 1 XP for that item.
- [NEW] You now receive mastery XP for the log you burn for cooking.
- [NEW] You are now notified of a Milestone unlock when you level up a skill.
- [NEW] Added a small indicator to show how many more Cooking Actions are remaining.
- [CHANGE] Most skills have received XP/GP Balance changes. See above for these details.
- [CHANGE] It is no longer possible to pickpocket Dragonite Ore from a Miner.
- [CHANGE] It is no longer possible to pickpocket Cave Fish, Manta Rays or Whales from Chefs.
- [CHANGE] It is no longer possible to pickpocket Raw Cave Fish, Raw Manta Rays or Raw Whales from the Fisherman.
- [CHANGE] It is no longer possible to pickpocket Rune Daggers or Rune 2H Swords from the Knight.
- [CHANGE] The Treasure Chest now has an 8% chance to spawn in a random Fishing Area (Up from 1%).
- [CHANGE] Skill Levels are now visually capped at Level 99. Skill XP after Level 99 is still tracked, and can be seen on the respective Skill screen.
- [CHANGE] Food can no longer be consumed when at full HP.
- [CHANGE] Increased the icon sizes in the bank, as well as the button size. This will ensure all buttons in the bank are the same size.
- [CHANGE] Slightly updated the look of the shop to be somewhat uniform and clear.
- [FIX] You are no longer required to Force Refresh after an update to load it correctly. This is also true for Mobile.
- [FIX] Farming Area 5 now requires level 80 farming instead of Level 30 (This is what it was supposed to be initially).
- [FIX] Updated the combat screen so it does not adjust in height every time it searches for an enemy.
- [FIX] Fixed an issue where upgrading an (S) Iron Shield to (G) Iron Shield turned it into a Platebody.
- [FIX] Fixed a memory leak issue that would cause copious amounts of lag after a certain period of time, or when clicking various areas on the screen.
- [FIX] Fixed an issue where you would not receive your upgraded item if you spent the exact amount of bars you had in your bank at the time.
- [FIX] Fixed an issue where Leveling up Farming while planting a seed would make it visually disappear.
- [FIX] Bank quantities are now formatted correctly.
- [FIX] Fixed an issue where Cooking would not stop correctly.
- [FIX] Level 99's are now formatted correctly in the sidebar for all skills.
- [FIX] Fixed a rare bug where your maximum hitpoints was able to exceed your Hitpoints Level. [FIX] Fixed an issue with Magic Tree Seeds only providing 82xp.
- [FIX] Fixed a bug where the bank popover would remain on the screen until the game was refreshed if you sorted your bank with an item selected.
- [FIX] Fixed minor formatting issues with Thieving window in mobile view. [FIX] Missing item images have been restored.
- [FIX] Missing mastery image for runite ore has been restored.
- [FIX] Spelling errors for some items have been fixed.
Alpha v0.06 (28th September 2019)
Welcome to the next major update for Melvor Idle! This update brings along a couple of new skills for you to train, as well as some other additions and changes throughout the game.
The next update, Alpha v0.07, will focus more on balance and content for the current skills in the game.
Let's take a look at what has been added into the game.
Thieving is a simple, yet helpful skill to train in terms of resource production.
Your task is to pickpocket various NPCs to acquire gold and other related items to that NPC. But be careful! If you are caught, you will be stunned and also injured slightly, so keep an eye on your HP. This skill is idle, as long as you don't die. If you are stunned, you will resume training after a few seconds.
Your Thieving level and mastery level play into the success rate.
Farming is the first 'Offline' skill added to Melvor Idle. Currently in its early stages, you have the ability to acquire seeds from various skills, which can then be planted to grow into something great! Your seeds are able to grow while offline. This means you can come back to the game after some time to see what has grown!
Compost is also added alongside this skill. The base success rate of plants growing is 50%, which each compost bucket adding an extra 7.5% to the success rate. Compost can be purchased from the shop.
- [NEW] Thieving and Farming has been added to the game.
- [NEW] Silver and Gold Trimmed Armour can now be created by Upgrading their respective base Armour using Silver/Gold bars. The trimmed version of Armour comes with increased stats to assist in combat. The 'Upgrade' option is located in the bank for that item. You must upgrade an item to Silver, before upgradin it to Gold.
- [NEW] Black Shields have been added to the game... because I forgot to do this last patch.
- [NEW] A simple 'Bank Sort' button has been added. This is just a temporary solution which works for the most part. It sorts all items in the bank by itemID.
- [NEW] Bird nests can now be opened to obtain seeds!
- [NEW] You can now see the mastery level of a specific item while training skills now. This is only implemented for Woodcutting, Firemaking, Cooking, Smithing and Thieving at the moment.
- [NEW] Added Mastery benefits to smithing bars - Check the Mastery Progress tab for info on these benefits.
- [NEW] Equip x100 Food is now an option.
- [NEW] A small icon now shows when GP or an Item has been acquired.
- [NEW] Your mastery level now ties into the success rate of the fish you cook. Level 50 Mastery guarantees 100% cook success.
- [NEW] Damage Reduction as a defensive stat has been added to the game. Currently only acquired by certain Gold Trimmed Armours.
- [NEW] Compost has been added to the Shop.
- [CHANGE] Attempting to train a different skill to the one you are already training will automatically stop the previous skill from training. Before this update, you had to manually stop it prior to training something else.
- [CHANGE] Increased the spawn probability of fish in all fishing areas.
- [CHANGE] Updated the look of Notifications.
- [CHANGE] Mining Area 3 now solely contains coal.
- [CHANGE] Mining Area 4 now contains silver & gold.
- [CHANGE] Mining ore respawn times are now randomised within a set range.
- [CHANGE] Increased the smithing XP received for smelting [Mithril, Adamantite, Runite, Dragon] bars to [50,80,100,120], up from [30,35,50,80].
- [CHANGE] Gold bars now sell for 82GP each, up from 25GP.
- [CHANGE] Condensed the food container a bit.
- [CHANGE] Default setting for level up notification is now 'small'.
- [FIXED] Red text for level requirement in shop now changes accordingly to your skill level.
- [FIXED] Double ore chance from pickaxe now applies to gem rocks.
- [FIXED] An issue where Dragonite Ore cannot be mined. This fix in general cleaned up the back-End of mining.
- [REMOVED] Equip x1 Food option.
Alpha v0.05.1 (23rd September 2019)
This update introduces a few nifty additions to assist in combat, as well as some fixes and back-end updates.
- [NEW] You can now view Weapon & Armour statistics which includes a comparison to what you already have equipped. This can be viewed by clicking the item name in the bank
- [NEW] Monsters now drop items!
- [NEW] Black Armour & Weapons have been introduced into the game. The only way to obtain this is by collecting them as a drop from a monster. Black Weapons & Armour are stronger than Steel, but weaker than Mithril. Level 10 Attack or Defence is required to equip.
- [NEW] Silver bars can now be created in the Furnace at Level 30 Smithing (In preparation for Update Alpha v0.06).
- [CHANGE] GP is now auto collected when monsters are killed.
- [CHANGE] Attack speed for daggers reduced to 2s, down from 2.4s.
- [CHANGE] Smithing level required to smelth Mithril bars has been reduced to Level 50, down from Level 60.
- [CHANGE] The "Find Enemy" button is now more noticable.
- [CHANGE] Renamed Attack Power and Defence Power to Accuracy Rating and Evasion Rating for clarity.
- [CHANGE] Updated the look of a Steel Bar slightly to be more dark.
- [CHANGE] Recommended Combat Levels for each area is now colour coded based on your current levels.
- [FIXED] Skill levels should now level up when exact XP required is reached.
- [FIXED] Combat skills are now highlighted green when training them.
- [FIXED] Backend fixes and updates.
- [FIXED] Minor visual changes.
Alpha v0.05 (21st September 2019)
Welcome to Alpha v0.05 - The Combat Update!
This update introduces Combat - a brand new addition to Melvor Idle that will serve as one of the biggest areas of the game for player to indulge.
FIRSTLY - I'd like to put how a HUGE thank you to everyone who is playing this game, and also interacting with the subreddit & community to help find bugs and request additions to the game. It is so amazing to see a lot of you genuinely enjoying this game, and it makes me excited for what's to come.
Let's get into the updates :)
There are 4 combat skills to train that aid you in battle in various ways:
Attack - Responsible for your chance to hit, as well as what tier of weapons you can equip. Strength - Higher level = bigger hits ;). Defence - Responsible for your chance to dodge, as well as what tier of armour you can equip. Hitpoints - Level up to increase maximum HP. These skills can be trained by selecting their respective attack type in the combat screen. Some attack types are better than others for certain weapons. Hitpoint XP is earned no matter what style of combat you choose.
There are various areas for you to enter and face enemies. Each area provides a recommended level before entering, so you don't get surprised if you are face-rolled.
Combat is automated for the most part. When you begin battle, you and the enemy's attacks are based on the combat statistics shown in the combat screen. Attacks are performed when the progress bar is at full, based on your attack speed.
Attack Speed is determined by the weapon you equip.
Armour and Weapons These can be equipped from the option in the Bank when selecting the item. Upon equipping, the item will be removed from your bank and will be placed into your equipment slot (Viewed in the Combat Area). If you wish the unequip anything, you can click it in the combat screen to remove it.
Food Food is setup based on an Equip system, just like armour and weapons. There is 3 Food slots to use in combat. Each slot can fit an unlimited amount of food. Food can be equipped from the options in the Bank.
Dying If you die, there is a chance you will lose an item you have equipped. The more items you have equipped, the more chance there is of losing one.
Loot Upon killing an enemy, they will drop loot which can be collected by clicking on it. There is only 8 loot slots. Once it is reached, the oldest loot will start to disappear if not collected. If you die, the loot also disappears.
Now on to the actual changelog!
- [NEW] Combat has been introduced into the game.
- [NEW] Six combat areas have been introduced to fight in.
- [NEW] 36 Monsters have been added. As of this update, the only loot they drop is GP.
- [NEW] Some statistics have also been introduced for Combat.
- [NEW] You can now equip the Weapons & Armour you smith.
- [NEW] Shields have been added to the game - These can be smithed on the Anvil.
- [NEW] You can now open the Treasure Chests you get from Fishing. There are some valuable items to obtain!
- [NEW] There is a chance for a Gem Rock to spawn in a Mining Area at any given time. These can be mined to give you a valuable Gem, as well as 500 Mining XP.
- [NEW] Every 10 levels on Mining Mastery now grans an additional +1% to obtain double ore. This stacks alongside the Pickaxe bonus
- [NEW] A progress bar has been added to the Cooking fire to show how long the fire has left.
- [NEW] Added a screen to export your save before commencing to an update, just in case an update breaks a save for some reason.
- [CHANGE] Burning a log for cooking now provides XP for using that log.
- [CHANGE] The look of the MILESTONE Tab has changed to make it look better.
- [CHANGE] Milestones are now hidden until you reach that level. Some Milestones are always shown for clarity.
- [CHANGE] Smithing combat gear from the Anvil is now automated.
- [CHANGE] The Anvil now displays items in order of Level Requirement.
- [CHANGE] The Mastery level up notification now shows the item that levels up, alongside its new level.
- [CHANGE] The visual for Iron Ore has been slightly updated.
- [CHANGE] All shop items now disappear when max level is reached for that item.
- [CHANGE] Treasure chests now require Level 30 Fishing to appear.
- [CHANGE] Mastery progress for bars is now shown in the Mastery tab.
- [CHANGE] Woodcutting cutting times for all trees have been increased from [2000,2000,3000,4000,5000,6000,7000,10000,15000] to [3000,4000,5000,6000,8000,10000,13000,16000,20000] respectively.
- [CHANGE] With the addition of Mastery bonuses for Mining, as well as internal testing - The Mining pickaxe extra ore bonus % has been reduced from [0,5,8,12,16,21,26,30,40] to [0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8] respectively.
- [FIXED] Cook x10 / xAll should now work as intended.
- [FIXED] The progress bar for smelting Runite Bars has been fixed.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue with the game not saving Mastery progress for smelting bars.
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue with the game not saving after smelting a bar or smithing an item.
- [FIXED] Cooking now stops correctly when it finds out that your bank is full.
- [FIXED] Cooking now stops correctly when the fire runs out while using x10 or xAll cooking.
- [FIXED] Lobster icon now shows correctly in the Mastery tab.
- [FIXED] The file responsible for handling the Mining skill has been renamed in hopes to bypass pesky anti-mining extensions on some web browsers.
- [FIXED] Adjustments made to Mobile views of some skills.
- [FIXED] Minor visual layout changes.
Alpha v0.04.3 (16th September 2019)
A small update to address some requested features, as well as balance changes.
- [NEW] There is now a small chance for a Treasure Chest to spawn in a fishing Area.
- [NEW] Sell x100 and Sell x1,000 options added to the bank.
- [CHANGE] With the intoduction of automated tree cutting, it became apparent that the XP rates were too high. XP rates have been reduced for all trees to accomodate for this change
- [CHANGE] Firemaking now becomes idle after Level 10 Mastery for the respective log.
- [CHANGE] Bird nest drop rates reduced to 0.5% (Down from 3%).
- [CHANGE] Cleaned the back-end of the bank up a bit to make for future changes easier.
- [FIXED] Fixed a bug where ores would not appear in Mining Area Level 6.
Alpha v0.04.2 (15th September 2019)
This update is provided based on the feedback I received around some features. Hopefully this update addresses a few concerns about the 'Idle' nature of the game.
Thank you all again for the lovely comments! Please visit my subreddit to make suggestions and to provide feeback on the game.
- [NEW] Bird nests have been introduced! Woodcutting provides a chance to drop a bird nest which can be sold for gold. (Extra functionality will be implemented in future updates)
- [NEW] A notification now appears when the game is updated (Only shows once per update).
- [CHANGE] Woodcutting is now automated from the very beggining (Sorry to those who grinding to the required Mastery Level!).
- [CHANGE] Smelting bars in the furnace is now Idle.
- [CHANGE] For every 10 Woodcutting Mastery Levels, a +5% chance of receiving double logs is added to the tree.
- [FIXED] Updated Iron Ore visual so it does not clash with the colours of Coal Ore.
- [FIXED] Fixed a bug where Cook (10) and Cook (All) options did not automatically update upon Mastery Level-Up.
- [FIXED] A bug that caused Cooking Mastery not to show correctly has been fixed (Was implemented as a hot fix prior to this patch).
- [FIXED] Fixed a minor visual bug where Level requirements in the shop did not update the colour when you reached the required level.
- [FIXED] Minor text and visual fixes.
Alpha v0.04 (11th September 2019)
Note from Malcs - I call this the official release of Melvor Idle Alpha
It has been a long time since anything has happened with this game. But I'm back, and am ready to hit it full swing.
I have received many comments over the months with great feedback, and I really appreciate all of those comments. Thank you to everyone who did play this game, I hope I can make it into something special.
This major update introduces a complete redesign of Melvor Idle which will allow future development to be quicker and easier to implement. Everything has been redone from the ground-up including skills, bank, shop, and everything in between.
We are also own our very own domain! That's exciting! www.melvoridle.com
PLEASE NOTE: YOUR MELVOR IDLE V0.03 SAVE IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THIS UPDATE
New in this Update:
Cooking allows you to cook the resources you have gathered throughout Melvor. As of release, you are able to cook all the fish that you catch. But be careful! You may burn a few here and there.
Travel across the great lands of Melvor to mine precious materials that are essential to survival. Level up mining to unlock extra areas that contain rarer ores. Level up your areas to unlock more resources to mine.
Transform those precious ores into refined bars, which allows you to create powerful gear to survive the harsh lands of Melvor. There is currently not use for the items that are smithed as of this update. But very very soon, there will be ;)
- [NEW] The shop now contains every possible purchase you can make in this game
- [NEW] Multi Tree Upgrade - Each level allows you to cut an extra tree simultaneously.
- [NEW] Cooking Range Upgrade - Provides a permanent fire to cook on
- [NEW] Mastery System ALPHA - Level up specific areas of a skill that will provide further benefits. There is currently no real benefits other than for Woodcutting.
- [NEW] Settings page has been introduced. Heavily requested settings will be added over time, as well as other Misc settings.
- [NEW] You can now set a Username for yourself.
- [NEW] We have an official domain - melvoridle.com
- [NEW] We have an official subreddit! Click the link at the bottom of the sidebar or head to reddit.com/r/MelvorIdle
- [CHANGE] Auto cut for a specific tree now automatically unlocks at Tree Mastery Level 10.
- [CHANGE] Each Tree now has base "Cut Times". These times are [2s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s, 7s, 10s, 15s]
- [CHANGE] Tree unlock levels changed from [1, 15, 30, 35, 45, 55, 60, 75, 90] to [1, 10, 25, 35, 45, 55, 60, 75, 90].
- [CHANGE] Axes no longer provide bonus XP.
- [CHANGE] Axe % cut time reduction bonus increased from [0, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35] to [0, 5, 15, 20, 30, 35, 40, 50, 75].
- [CHANGE] Fishing is now pretty much completely idle.
- [CHANGE] The available fish in fishing areas update every so often.
- [CHANGE] Higher fishing levels unlock more areas for fishing, which can contain more varieties of fish.
- [CHANGE] Higher fishing levels provide better catch rates.
- [CHANGE] Fishing rods provide faster catch speeds.
- [CHANGE] Bonfire active times are now based on the logs you use.
- [CHANGE] The way the bank now handles items has changed. Bank space is now based on "Item Slots", rather than the total quantity of items sitting in the bank.
- [REMOVED] Random Events have been shelved, pending an overhaul.
- [REMOVED] Woodcutting Prestige has been shelved, pending an overhaul.
- [REMOVED] Auto burning has been removed.
|Melvor Idle version v0.18.2 (Released: 6th January 2021)|
|Other: Beginners Guide FAQ Bank Combat Mastery Money Making Shop Easter Eggs Pets Golbin Raid|
|Reference Tables: Items, Equipment, Experience Table, Upgrading Items, Dungeons, Chest Loot Tables, Monsters, Monster Loot Tables|