Chunked Gamemode is an esoteric challenge gamemode created by the community, inspired by the various forms of Chunkman in the RuneScape community. The core concept revolves around unlocking items through area-based activities before being able to freely utilise them.
The limitations of the game mode has a few main rules, although expanded restrictions may make the game more fun or challenging.
For reference, this mode considers "area-based skills" to be combat and Thieving.
- Initially, all gathering and artisan skills are locked.
- If you have unlocked any item already, you're allowed to farm this item through non-combat skills after clearing the whole drop table of the monster in which you got it.
- You're limited to killing monsters in the same area until you have completed the drops of all the monsters in the region. For example, if one starts off by killing monsters in Golbin Village, they must be prepared to farm every item from both Golbin and Ranged Golbin, including the Oak Shortbow (1.96% drop chance).
- If you could have access to some item without moving to a new location, you must get it before moving on. This includes equipment upgrades such as (G) Bronze Shield.
- If you have collected an item through an area-based skill, you must also gather or create at least one of this item through skilling if the base ingredients are also obtainable.
- If you have a piece of equipment unlocked, you must also equip it once before moving on.
- Some of the thieving zones are shared areas and are linked with the in-combat zones.
The goal? Max out completion log as much as possible.
|Combat Area||Thieving Area|
|Sandy Shores||Port of Lemvor|
|Giant Dungeon||Cave of Giants|
|Castle of Kings||Fort|
|Castle of Kings||Royal Castle|
Thieving targets are counted as additional monsters in the areas they correspond to in traditional combat.
The Fort and the Royal Castle are self-restricted: while both are required to complete the Castle of Kings, one must be entirely completed before the other is started.
The Low Town and the Banquet are always available.
- This means you can target these zones whenever you want, even when doing normal combat.
- If you start either one or the other, you have to complete all the thieving targets before moving on to targets in other thieving zones.
Other restrictions and aspects
The Shop is available for all purchases.
Up for a challenge?
Chunked+ is a stricter, although probably more balanced sub-gamemode:
- Artisan skills require you to already have the product in the completion log. This means that you having Leather is not enough to start Crafting anything, for example. This has considerable implications for support skills such as Herblore and Summoning where the output is typically only obtainable from the skill itself.
- Gathering skills cannot be performed unless all of the items obtainable by the action have already been obtained.
- You may only kill a new monster in the current area once you have completed the whole loot table of the previous monster.
Notable exclusions arising from these additional rules include:
- No Astrology as the player cannot obtain Stardust from combat or Thieving.
- Fishing cannot be performed at all, as the player cannot obtain items such as Barbarian Gloves or Message in a Bottle from either of the area skills.
- The player has to first obtain Coal Ore before being allowed to start Firemaking.
- Perfect cooks must be completely disabled.
- All gems must first be obtained from an area before one can start Mining.
Chunked++ is an even stricter sub-gamemode:
- To complete a Thieving target, you also must get 100% mastery on the target.
- Similarly to how you must get items before moving on, you must also get pets before moving on.
- Only 12 bank slots