Difference between revisions of "Player Modifiers"

From Melvor Idle
(added a somewhat pointless formula for additive stacking because lack of symmetry bugs me)
m
 
Line 25: Line 25:
 
When multiple modifiers affect the same stat, they are usually applied additively. In particular, more specific versions of a bonus will stack additively with the global version of that bonus.  
 
When multiple modifiers affect the same stat, they are usually applied additively. In particular, more specific versions of a bonus will stack additively with the global version of that bonus.  
  
An example of this would be the Global Mastery XP and Skill Mastery XP modifiers, so a player wearing an {{ItemIcon|Ancient Ring of Mastery}} (+7% Global Mastery XP) who also has reached the [Agility#Mastery Pool Checkpoints|10% Mastery Pool Checkpoint]] for {{Skill|Agility}} (+5% Agility Mastery XP) will receive a total of +15% Agility Mastery XP.
+
An example of this would be the Global Mastery XP and Skill Mastery XP modifiers, so a player wearing an {{ItemIcon|Ancient Ring of Mastery}} (+7% Global Mastery XP) who also has reached the [[Agility#Mastery Pool Checkpoints|10% Mastery Pool Checkpoint]] for {{Skill|Agility}} (+5% Agility Mastery XP) will receive a total of +15% Agility Mastery XP.
  
 
This also applies to combat modifiers of the same type such as Ranged Accuracy Rating and Global Accuracy Rating.
 
This also applies to combat modifiers of the same type such as Ranged Accuracy Rating and Global Accuracy Rating.

Latest revision as of 20:35, 22 February 2022

This page is out of date (v0.19).

Player Modifiers are various bonuses and penalties that are received from a number of different sources such as Mastery.svg Mastery, Equipment, Pets, and Agility (skill).svg Agility obstacles.

Mechanics

Modifiers of the same kind stack additively. For example, if a player who has unlocked Ty (pet).svg Ty (+3% Global Mastery XP) and is wearing an Ancient Ring of Mastery (item).svg Ancient Ring of Mastery (+7% Global Mastery XP) will receive a total of +10% Global Mastery XP.

Any penalties are subtracted from bonuses of the same type to get the total modifier. For example, if the above player also constructs a Water Trap Obstacle (-6% Global Mastery XP), their Global Mastery XP modifier will instead be +4%.

Additive vs Multiplicative

When describing how different bonuses stack, the terms 'additive' and 'multiplicative' are often used to explain how to combine them.

When two bonuses stack additively, the combined bonus is the sum of the first bonus and and the second bonus. For example, if a +10% bonus and a +20% bonus stack additively, the combined bonus will be +30%.

[math]\small{\begin{aligned} \text{Combined Bonus} = \text{Bonus 1} + \text{Bonus 2}\end{aligned}}[/math]

When two bonuses stack multiplicatively, the combined bonuses is instead

[math]\small{\begin{aligned} \text{Combined Bonus} = (1 + \text{Bonus 1}) * (1 + \text{Bonus 2}) \end{aligned}} - 1[/math]

If the same +10% bonus and +20% bonus stack multiplicatively instead, the combined bonus will be +32%. If both bonuses are positive (or if both are negative) and they stack multiplicatively, the combined effect will be larger than if they stacked additively.

Combining Similar Modifiers

When multiple modifiers affect the same stat, they are usually applied additively. In particular, more specific versions of a bonus will stack additively with the global version of that bonus.

An example of this would be the Global Mastery XP and Skill Mastery XP modifiers, so a player wearing an Ancient Ring of Mastery (item).svg Ancient Ring of Mastery (+7% Global Mastery XP) who also has reached the 10% Mastery Pool Checkpoint for Agility (skill).svg Agility (+5% Agility Mastery XP) will receive a total of +15% Agility Mastery XP.

This also applies to combat modifiers of the same type such as Ranged Accuracy Rating and Global Accuracy Rating.

List of Modifiers

The following list does not contain all possible bonuses, and although all of the below bonuses are defined in-game there may be some that are not currently in use.