|This page is out of date (v1.0.1).
Offline Progression - Welcome Back
Offline Progression allows the game to progress while closed as if the player had remained online for the time since the game was closed (up to a maximum of 18 hours).
When the game is closed, a record is taken of which skill was being trained and which action within that skill was being performed. Upon returning, the game will determine how long the player was gone for (up to a maximum of 18 hours) and will simulate the progression as if the game had been left open for that time period, granting the player with any Skill XP, Mastery XP, Items, and various other things that would have been received during that time. The player will be presented with a summary of what has occurred while offline, and the action that was being performed will then continue progressing as normal.
- Offline Progression time is currently capped at 18 hours.
- While Thieving can be done offline, the skill is considered to be dangerous much like Combat as there is a risk of death. Therefore, the player should ensure they have enough Food equipped and the success rate against the current NPC is sufficiently high to survive the offline session.
- All gloves and skillcapes work offline if they have been equipped in the active equipment set.
- All Herblore potions work offline if Auto Re-use Potion is active.
- Mastery XP and the associated benefits from increased item mastery levels and Mastery pool checkpoints work differently depending on whether the skill is tick-based or not.
- For tick-based skills with Mastery (currently Firemaking, Mining, and Thieving), Mastery XP is granted after each action, and so any benefits from increased Mastery levels and Mastery pool checkpoints come into effect as soon as they are earned. In other words, for tick-based skills the Mastery XP gained while offline is the same as what would have been gained if online during the same period.
- For other skills, the entire offline session will be simulated as if the action being performed had remained at its initial Mastery level for the entire offline period. Therefore, the player won't receive the benefits of any gained Mastery levels until after the game is re-opened and online progress resumes. Whatever action is performed during the offline progression will not have any new Mastery bonuses applied.
- As the amount of Mastery XP granted for each action increases as that action's mastery level increases, this also means that in most cases the amount of Mastery XP gained from offline progression will be less than if the same time period had been performed online.
- Mastery Tokens can be earned offline.
- Offline progression may also trigger if the the game is left open in a separate tab and it becomes slowed by browser throttling (See Settings).
- Farming has no auto-replant feature and will not have seeds replanted while offline.
- Crown of Rhaelyx can save materials while offline. If Charge Stones are owned, they can be consumed.